6 minutes ago, MPPhopeful322 said:

Is HKS not in the US News rankings this year?? 

Here's how they rank in different public affairs categories for 2019. Maybe you were looking at the public policy analysis category, in which case you are correct: they are not ranked in 2019.

# 3 overall public affairs
# 5 environmental policy / management
# 1 health policy and management
# 2 international global policy and admin
# 5 public management and leadership
# 2 social policy
# 6 urban policy

46 minutes ago, usernamesmakemeanxious said:

Here's how they rank in different public affairs categories for 2019. Maybe you were looking at the public policy analysis category, in which case you are correct: they are not ranked in 2019.

# 3 overall public affairs
# 5 environmental policy / management
# 1 health policy and management
# 2 international global policy and admin
# 5 public management and leadership
# 2 social policy
# 6 urban policy

Hi, yep! Sorry, should've clarified! I realized right after posting that this was the case. Were they ranked in policy analysis in prior years? If so, what do you think prompted the change?

57 minutes ago, MPPhopeful322 said:

Hi, yep! Sorry, should've clarified! I realized right after posting that this was the case. Were they ranked in policy analysis in prior years? If so, what do you think prompted the change?

They were ranked last year in public policy analysis as #3 - not sure why they were dropped from that list. 

11 hours ago, lolo94 said:

It seems to be a strict one post-per-day rule. So if those in this forum are correct that would leave two more days for the admitted students & name reading posts and then decisions on Friday.. 

I hope it is Friday and not next week! ??

It should be this week tho, as next week there is the spring break...

Admitted post is up: http://hksadmissionblog.tumblr.com/post/183424346238/2019-application-reading-and-decision-process

Note the last paragraph: "When admissions decisions have been released, a post will be published to this blog. Will this be today? No."

I think this is Matt's nice way of saying "stop emailing us!!"

11 hours ago, European2909 said:

I hope it is Friday and not next week! ??

It should be this week tho, as next week there is the spring break...

it will be this week, the portal says before mid march, so they only have tomorrow and Friday for the "before mid march"

1 hour ago, PaoloC said:

Note the last paragraph: "When admissions decisions have been released, a post will be published to this blog. Will this be today? No."

Ahahahah well noted ?

I guess Friday is the day... 

1 hour ago, PaoloC said:

Admitted post is up: http://hksadmissionblog.tumblr.com/post/183424346238/2019-application-reading-and-decision-process

True that, fellow MC-MPA applicant! :)

If my understanding is right, all the blog posts, except the blog post notifying results, get posted at 9 AM CET. The blog notifying admission results usually gets posted midday after the emails have been sent by HKS.

There is no 9 AM blog post today!! Guess that means we should be expecting the results shortly?

13 minutes ago, mcmpa said:

If my understanding is right, all the blog posts, except the blog post notifying results, get posted at 9 AM CET. The blog notifying admission results usually gets posted midday after the emails have been sent by HKS.

There is no 9 AM blog post today!! Guess that means we should be expecting the results shortly?

Likely....the results rolled out around noon the last time. 

7 minutes ago, MPPNYC said:

Would he skip the name reading post? I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but doesn't it just seem more likely that they'll post results next week now? 

I think we'll have the name reading post today and results tomorrow. Others on this thread have pointed out that spring break is next week & we're already bumping against the mid-march deadline so it won't be next week. 

14 minutes ago, lolo94 said:

I think we'll have the name reading post today and results tomorrow. Others on this thread have pointed out that spring break is next week & we're already bumping against the mid-march deadline so it won't be next week. 

Ah, looks like you're right.  Page source says the name reading post was posted around 1pm last year: "2018-03-14T12:57:09"

Should have checked before freaking out! :)

15 minutes ago, lolo94 said:

What is this reading post about?

3 minutes ago, MPPNYC said:

Ah, looks like you're right.  Page source says the name reading post was posted around 1pm last year: "2018-03-14T12:57:09"

Makes absolute sense. I didn't know we could check page source for time stamp.

3 hours ago, nellolikejello said:

I feel like it would be pretty apt of HKS to release admit decisions on π day.

#justsayin

OMG ? I can’t contain my anxiety ?

Edited by European2909
Text

32 minutes ago, MPPNYC said:

Thanks for checking!! 

I love the fact that we are all so committed! ?