2 hours ago, policyapp48 said:

The text above mine also just disappeared. This has happened in previous years and apparently is no indication of anything.

Accepted! Congratulations to all others! Is financial aid following shortly? Maybe tomorrow?

Just now, MPPhopeful322 said:

Accepted! Congratulations to all others! Is financial aid following shortly? Maybe tomorrow?

I think they'll come out by tomorrow afternoon - in my acceptance letter, it said "Financial aid information will be communicated to you via a separate email from your financial aid counselor . . . You will receive the email within 24 hours of the release of this admission letter."

4 minutes ago, mfp9 said:

According to an email, those who have been selected will be notified by March 15.

Thanks for your reply.

I received a similar mail. However, a current first year joint japan scholar told me that in his case the notifications came at the same time. Hence, I was wondering if someone heard back already?

16 minutes ago, somewhatslightlydazed said:

I think they'll come out by tomorrow afternoon - in my acceptance letter, it said "Financial aid information will be communicated to you via a separate email from your financial aid counselor . . . You will receive the email within 24 hours of the release of this admission letter."

Ah yes, just read that! :)

6 minutes ago, TuDream said:

I just got my finaid email, pointing me to the finaid system where it indicates "we were not able to offer you assistance" . Well, right now making a decision becomes harder

Where does it tell you this?? I don't see anything.

Just now, lego89 said:

Where does it tell you this?? I don't see anything.

In your MYFAID portal, on the left there's the bar "Menu" you click on it and if it does not say "Awards/Loan Eligibility" they cannot offer you any financial assistance.

HKS-HBS / HKS-GSB joint degree applicant here. Congrats to all who got in, and especially those who got money!!! 

So I don't see an "Awards/Loan Eligibility" link (#supersadface), but I was interviewed for a CPL fellowship (not the Zuckerberg, therefore not a joint degree-fellowship) a couple of weeks back. I'm wondering if I'm reading this right - am I still under consideration for money? 

Financial aid information for individuals who are under consideration for admission to the Harvard Business School will be available at the end of March. Otherwise, If you do not see an “Awards/Loan Eligibility” link in your MYFAID menu options, unfortunately this means we were not able to offer you assistance. Please review your “Important Information/Messages” MYFAID page for important information.

6 minutes ago, nomnomnomnom said:

HKS-HBS / HKS-GSB joint degree applicant here. Congrats to all who got in, and especially those who got money!!! 

So I don't see an "Awards/Loan Eligibility" link (#supersadface), but I was interviewed for a CPL fellowship (not the Zuckerberg, therefore not a joint degree-fellowship) a couple of weeks back. I'm wondering if I'm reading this right - am I still under consideration for money? 

Financial aid information for individuals who are under consideration for admission to the Harvard Business School will be available at the end of March. Otherwise, If you do not see an “Awards/Loan Eligibility” link in your MYFAID menu options, unfortunately this means we were not able to offer you assistance. Please review your “Important Information/Messages” MYFAID page for important information.

Same boat. My understanding is that all HBS/HKS applicants will get their award decisions when HBS R2 decisions are announced later this month. Mind me asking which CPL fellowship you interviewed for? 

4 minutes ago, lego89 said:

Same boat. My understanding is that all HBS/HKS applicants will get their award decisions when HBS R2 decisions are announced later this month. Mind me asking which CPL fellowship you interviewed for? 

Phew. My heart sank when I didn't see the Award/Loan button...........

1 hour ago, tealeaf71 said:

I also just received my financial aid email and I was generously granted... loans! Welp, the dream was short-lived. I think HKS is off the table for me.

Same. I think that's the right choice - no way am I taking on all those loans for a career in government/non-profits. I'm sure HKS is a great program but their high price ($85k/year!) and low aid seems like a misguided strategy for a public service school.

I was expecting to see a disappointing financial aid offer if admitted but it doesn't make it easier. The tuition costs are definitely a tough pill to swallow though (esp. compared to my other offers which allow me to attend Sanford / Harris / Heinz for 20-40K total). I know it would be a crazy financial decision but I'm not willing to drop HKS from the list just yet. Anyone else in the same boat and considering taking on this much debt for the opportunity to study at Harvard? 

23 minutes ago, lolo94 said:

I was expecting to see a disappointing financial aid offer if admitted but it doesn't make it easier. The tuition costs are definitely a tough pill to swallow though (esp. compared to my other offers which allow me to attend Sanford / Harris / Heinz for 20-40K total). I know it would be a crazy financial decision but I'm not willing to drop HKS from the list just yet. Anyone else in the same boat and considering taking on this much debt for the opportunity to study at Harvard? 

I’m in a similar boat. Weighing options at HKS, GSSP, and Duke (with significant aid from Duke and little to none from the other two).

39 minutes ago, City Stripes said:

Same. I think that's the right choice - no way am I taking on all those loans for a career in government/non-profits. I'm sure HKS is a great program but their high price ($85k/year!) and low aid seems like a misguided strategy for a public service school.

Agreed 100%. Unfortunately, I think a huge debt burden would close more doors for me than HKS would theoretically open.

3 hours ago, prashant1897 said:

Thanks for your reply.

I received a similar mail. However, a current first year joint japan scholar told me that in his case the notifications came at the same time. Hence, I was wondering if someone heard back already?

JJWBGSP's results were posted as well today in MYFAID :)

1 hour ago, mfp9 said:

JJWBGSP's results were posted as well today in MYFAID :)

We can still apply for the JJWBGSP scholarships right now, right? It says that the deadline for the scholarship is April 15th if I remember correctly.

Anyone know the procedure for that?