Well, as I'm getting quite nervous and I probably have too much free time I did a research to check when the admission decisions were released in the past years.

Happy to share the results with you ? 

2015 (for year 2015/2017) --> 11 March

2016 (for year 2016/2018) --> 9 March 

2017 (for year 2017/2019) --> 8 March

2018 (for year 2018/2020) --> 15 March 

Cheers! 

8 hours ago, Rex Max said:

Is it true that they will release decisions regarding education entre fellowship when the school will release it's selection offers?

It's possible. Did you guys get any aknowledgement for your application to the fellowship? I haven't heard any communication since my submission to this one. 

I received acknowledgement of my submission via e-mail on Feb 3rd. They said they will notify when the school releases acceptance notices. I have copied the e-mail I received. 

-------------

Dear xxx,

Your application materials have been received and you are all set.  Thank you for applying.

Notifications will go out at the same time as the school releases their acceptance notices. 

With the very best of wishes

AMW

I'll save you all some angst: don't expect admissions results for HKS to go out before the second Wednesday in March, which this year is March 13. It is likely to be that Wednesday or Thursday.

Until then, chill out about Harvard and worry about the other options coming back!

1 hour ago, bac said:

I'll save you all some angst: don't expect admissions results for HKS to go out before the second Wednesday in March, which this year is March 13. It is likely to be that Wednesday or Thursday.

Until then, chill out about Harvard and worry about the other options coming back!

Insider tip? ?

On 2/28/2019 at 12:57 AM, publicpolicy2019 said:

Any applicants to the MPA/ID on this thread? Would love to hear about some profiles

I’ve applied for the MPA/ID too. Have you thought about funding options if you were to be accepted? I’m kind of entirely leaning on the Joint Japan/World Bank program although really unclear to me how that process works and how competitive it is.

Edited by Dogmatichurricane

6 hours ago, Dogmatichurricane said:

I’ve applied for the MPA/ID too. Have you thought about funding options if you were to be accepted? I’m kind of entirely leaning on the Joint Japan/World Bank program although really unclear to me how that process works and how competitive it is.

MPA/ID here as well. As far as I know, for partnership program, around half of nominated applicant will receive this scholarship. 

2 minutes ago, twenty-seven said:

Hi I am also an MPAID applicant. Do you know around how many people got nominated and do you have any idea how likely is it that if you get nominated you'll get accepted?

From 2017 statistics on World Bank website. 5 or 6 (I forget the exact number) received the scholarship, I assume there would be at least 12 or so got nominated. Columbia SIPA program usually nominate around 30 people and 12 people got selected. So I assume HKS will follow the similar rules.

2 minutes ago, TuDream said:

From 2017 statistics on World Bank website. 5 or 6 (I forget the exact number) received the scholarship, I assume there would be at least 12 or so got nominated. Columbia SIPA program usually nominate around 30 people and 12 people got selected. So I assume HKS will follow the similar rules.

Thank you! I will keep my fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, twenty-seven said:

Thank you! I will keep my fingers crossed!

It’s odd - on the FAQs to the JJ/WBG application, they say successful applicants would be informed within 3 weeks of the application deadline but isn’t that today? Do people find out about the funding even before hearing on admission?

29 minutes ago, Dogmatichurricane said:

It’s odd - on the FAQs to the JJ/WBG application, they say successful applicants would be informed within 3 weeks of the application deadline but isn’t that today? Do people find out about the funding even before hearing on admission?

I think they will coordinate with program first. From what I learned in last year's forum, people got notified after the decision is released.

16 hours ago, Dogmatichurricane said:

Have you been nominated for the JJ/WBS program? Do you know when notifications about nominations go out, and whether HKS nominates eligible applicants on its own?

On 2 March 2019 at 12:24 AM, publicpolicy2019 said:

Have you been nominated for the JJ/WBS program? Do you know when notifications about nominations go out, and whether HKS nominates eligible applicants on its own?

Yea - I received an email in early Feb (c. 3 weeks back) asking me to apply for the JJ/WB program. It required submission of some other personal statements and references. As I was saying - the process is fairly opaque but I think it was HKS that nominated eligible applicants (did you fill in a survey that the MPA/ID program had emailed about in January)? You need to satisfy a set of criteria to be eligible (be from a developing country, at least 3 years of development work exp etc etc). 

17 hours ago, Dogmatichurricane said:

Yea - I received an email in early Feb (c. 3 weeks back) asking me to apply for the JJ/WB program. It required submission of some other personal statements and references. As I was saying - the process is fairly opaque but I think it was HKS that nominated eligible applicants (did you fill in a survey that the MPA/ID program had emailed about in January)? You need to satisfy a set of criteria to be eligible (be from a developing country, at least 3 years of development work exp etc etc). 

Got it, thanks! Looks like I wasn't eligible anyway.

Edited by publicpolicy2019

2 hours ago, European2909 said:

I'm getting SO anxious! ?

Even though I know that we have at least one week of waiting in front of us!

Same! Definitely thinking March 13th. Waiting for the name reading post to know it'll be out the next day.

13 minutes ago, MPPhopeful322 said:

Same! Definitely thinking March 13th. Waiting for the name reading post to know it'll be out the next day.

Same here!

The blog is so helpful ?

In the past years they also posted about the 3 categories of applicants (admitted - waitlisted - rejected) before writing on the name reading post!

It should be either 13 or 14 I guess!