Pacific University-SLP Housing

HI! 

So I'm new to Portland and I just got accepted to Pacific University! However, it's in Forest Grove and I've heard ppl dont live there usually if in the masters program. So I wanted to know what areas do you current students live in or suggest?

52 minutes ago, dkolton said:

HI! 

So I'm new to Portland and I just got accepted to Pacific University! However, it's in Forest Grove and I've heard ppl dont live there usually if in the masters program. So I wanted to know what areas do you current students live in or suggest?

Hi there! I am a Portlander and currently attending Pacific University for their post-bacc program. Nearby places that are good to live are Hillsboro and Beaverton :) Lots more housing options, close to Portland and also still close to Forest Grove!

hi! I grew up in hillsboro/Beaverton and would definitely recommend looking for beaverton/Tigard area. The worst of Portland traffic is going to be avoided when you commute to Forest Grove that way! Hillsboro is SUPER hit or miss but with beaverton and tigard you're still close to Portland and can do fun things even if it feels very suburban :) 

Hey! When I went for my interview, I was told all of the grad students live in Beaverton or Hillsboro and some even live in downtown Portland. When I go house hunting, I plan to look in the Beaverton or Hillsboro area. Congrats on your acceptance! Can't wait to meet you!

Hello! I’ll be attending as well and have been told to look in Hillsboro/Beaverton area! That forest grove is a bit run down and kind of boring. Hillsboro tends to be the middle ground between campus and the city, which will also be convenient for our clinical placements! 

I got the call from Diana today!!! I am 99% sure I am committing! Just want to make sure they offer enough financial aid/loans to cover tution and housing first. Would you guys have more information on that? Can’t wait to meet everyone! 

On 4/20/2018 at 6:25 PM, AAH said:

I got the call from Diana today!!! I am 99% sure I am committing! Just want to make sure they offer enough financial aid/loans to cover tution and housing first. Would you guys have more information on that? Can’t wait to meet everyone! 

Yes they do! I was awarded 61k (yikes) and it included a budget breakdown of tuition, books, living expensives, etc.