WFP Future International Talent (FIT) Pool

Markee

Hello Dear,
I noticed an update on the status on my application after the background check was complete, I guess I am now expecting my inclusion in the pool ?
Anyone from the  Finance FIT Pool 2022 ? how long does it take from the background check completion to the formal notification of the inclusion in the pool ?

Thanks 

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am also experiencing the same thing in that I was included in the P2 Risk and Compliance pool back in May 2021 and no offers since then. None of my emails have ever been answered, neither by Devex nor the FIT pool WFP people themselves.  

Even now, there is a notice on the WFP careers page that the Procurement FIT pool will be open in November 2022, and it is already the end of November with no openings. This whole thing doesn't look good, feels awful, and quite frankly, is a disappointing level of professionalism from an organization that I have worked in and respect so much.

• 1 month later...

The fit pool team is not responding to me 

sent them an email and no feedback I don’t know if am included or not, they have asked for my references both academic and professional 

but they have not told me anything about me being included in the pool. 

it’s been two months 

I don’t know how long I should still wait 

any advice please

• 3 weeks later...

I think you shoudl confirm from your references and school, fi they replied to their email. Most times, such delays in inclusion is either because the school/prof references have not gotten back to them. at your level, try to double check that.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:03 AM, Simsjobs said:

Hello Dear,
I noticed an update on the status on my application after the background check was complete, I guess I am now expecting my inclusion in the pool ?
Anyone from the  Finance FIT Pool 2022 ? how long does it take from the background check completion to the formal notification of the inclusion in the pool ?

Yes, I'm from finance. it usually takes about 2 weeks once the background checks are done. All the bet ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

I confirmed with the fit pool recruitment team if they received all my references both work and school and they said yes, this was in November 

they said they are still going through the references and once done they will respond. Up to date I am still waiting for a response 

I emailed them and they never responded in January

the process is so stressful for one not to be given any feedback 

• 3 months later...

Hello All!

I was accepted into the Fit Pool for M&3 in March 2023.

I didnt get contacted for any offers of an interview yet. Did anyone else who was successfully entered into the pool get contacted yet about any opportunities?

I'm wondering how likely it is that candidates will be approached, or what the timescale my be,

thanks! 

On 5/29/2023 at 11:26 AM, jj22134 said:

Hello All!

I was accepted into the Fit Pool for M&3 in March 2023.

I didnt get contacted for any offers of an interview yet. Did anyone else who was successfully entered into the pool get contacted yet about any opportunities?

I'm wondering how likely it is that candidates will be approached, or what the timescale my be,

thanks! 

Hi I was also accepted in the fit pool for finance 

I am still waiting for a place meant 

lit would be nice if someone who was in the fit pool and is now working for wfp to at list tell us how long it takes or is the any way for us to make sure we get a placement 

we applied for the fit pool because we actually love humanitarian work and want to be part of wfp, this waiting game is too much and very stressful 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, Very interesting all the discussion thanks!

I applied for P3/P4 Engineer Officer, and I have been invited to do the technical assessment which is a multiple choice question... I was wondering what kind of generic can it be as Engineering englobes a lot of specialties (construction, mechanical, electrical, etc...) Someone could bring some light on how the test could be?

Thanks in advance :-)

On 6/12/2023 at 12:51 PM, JBA said:

Hello everyone, Very interesting all the discussion thanks!

I applied for P3/P4 Engineer Officer, and I have been invited to do the technical assessment which is a multiple choice question... I was wondering what kind of generic can it be as Engineering englobes a lot of specialties (construction, mechanical, electrical, etc...) Someone could bring some light on how the test could be?

Thanks in advance :-)

Hi everyone.

hi JPA.

I've been watching the conversations between all of them since i received the invitation to do the technical assessment, and I just sign up when i saw your post..

I applied for the same position but P2, and I am conducting the technical assessment in next couples days,

glade to find you so we can discus with each other, and hope we can benefit each other.

I think the test will be concentrated on structures analysis for beams (for example, could be for foundations or column) and some questions on project management..

You should read the ad and try to get some questions among the lines.

2 hours ago, Wali.K said:

Hi everyone.

hi JPA.

I've been watching the conversations between all of them since i received the invitation to do the technical assessment, and I just sign up when i saw your post..

I applied for the same position but P2, and I am conducting the technical assessment in next couples days,

glade to find you so we can discus with each other, and hope we can benefit each other.

I think the test will be concentrated on structures analysis for beams (for example, could be for foundations or column) and some questions on project management..

You should read the ad and try to get some questions among the lines.

Hi Thanks for you answer, Here find below the description purpose for P4 position:

"We are looking for Engineering professionals with experience and knowledge of Project Management for design and construction of various infrastructure. The infrastructure is mainly vertical, horizontal, and/or hydro engineering projects. Also, we are aiming to have in the Fit Pool experts in Electrical, Mechanical and Architecture fields. They should provide construction and engineering expertise and contribute to the efficient delivery and quality outputs."

As you can see it is not pure infrastructure but a large range of expertise, furthermore I did study the ad and it seems that it is targeting the overall project management.

That's why I was wondering if the technical assessment could be more on how to manage a particular project with risk and stakeholder management...

3 hours ago, JBA said:

Hi Thanks for you answer, Here find below the description purpose for P4 position:

"We are looking for Engineering professionals with experience and knowledge of Project Management for design and construction of various infrastructure. The infrastructure is mainly vertical, horizontal, and/or hydro engineering projects. Also, we are aiming to have in the Fit Pool experts in Electrical, Mechanical and Architecture fields. They should provide construction and engineering expertise and contribute to the efficient delivery and quality outputs."

As you can see it is not pure infrastructure but a large range of expertise, furthermore I did study the ad and it seems that it is targeting the overall project management.

That's why I was wondering if the technical assessment could be more on how to manage a particular project with risk and stakeholder management...

Hi..

Let's break down the advertisement

1- It is very clear that the advertisement is for civil engineers (Advanced University degree (recognised by https://www.whed.net/home.php)  in Civil Engineering or...).

2- The topic in the advertisement (ABOUT ENGINEER OFFICER P2), (... the proposed timing is also in complete alignment with the implementation of the strategic workforce planning action plan where defined activities will require specific temporary support and dedicated communication actions to accompany the transformational journey the function is embarking on.), I think the engineers should have the knowledge of other disciplines to work in the "transformational journey". (chick your ad)

I am not sure if this is true, but a point to discuss.

3- "We are looking for Engineering professionals with experience and knowledge of Project Management for design and construction of various infrastructure. The infrastructure is mainly vertical, horizontal, and/or hydro engineering projects. Also, we are aiming to have in the Fit Pool experts in Electrical, Mechanical and Architecture fields. They should provide construction and engineering expertise and contribute to the efficient delivery and quality outputs."

the description is clear when said "we are aiming to..." doesn't mean it is the job description, even it was mentioned in the job description section, because the description is explicit about you "with experience and knowledge of..." and "They should...".

but "we are aiming to have" is not in the context.

4- In the job description "we are aiming to have in the Fit Pool experts..." in the FIT Pool, not in this position.

5- Additional point about the electrical thing... in your CV, did you mention anything about project with electrical experience? because I did, and I think this supported my CV a bit, especially the the coming projects may need knowledge in this area.  

These points for discussion, and anything I come up with I'll post it here.

Thanks

* Note: English is my second language, so if you find any mistake, or point you couldn't understand please tell me.

Edited by Wali.K

3 hours ago, JBA said:

Also questions in road engineering

1 hour ago, Wali.K said:

Hi..

Let's break down the advertisement

1- It is very clear that the advertisement is for civil engineers (Advanced University degree (recognised by https://www.whed.net/home.php)  in Civil Engineering or...).

2- The topic in the advertisement (ABOUT ENGINEER OFFICER P2), (... the proposed timing is also in complete alignment with the implementation of the strategic workforce planning action plan where defined activities will require specific temporary support and dedicated communication actions to accompany the transformational journey the function is embarking on.), I think the engineers should have the knowledge of other disciplines to work in the "transformational journey". (chick your ad)

I am not sure if this is true, but a point to discuss.

3- "We are looking for Engineering professionals with experience and knowledge of Project Management for design and construction of various infrastructure. The infrastructure is mainly vertical, horizontal, and/or hydro engineering projects. Also, we are aiming to have in the Fit Pool experts in Electrical, Mechanical and Architecture fields. They should provide construction and engineering expertise and contribute to the efficient delivery and quality outputs."

the description is clear when said "we are aiming to..." doesn't mean it is the job description, even it was mentioned in the job description section, because the description is explicit about you "with experience and knowledge of..." and "They should...".

but "we are aiming to have" is not in the context.

4- In the job description "we are aiming to have in the Fit Pool experts..." in the FIT Pool, not in this position.

5- Additional point about the electrical thing... in your CV, did you mention anything about project with electrical experience? because I did, and I think this supported my CV a bit, especially the the coming projects may need knowledge in this area.  

These points for discussion, and anything I come up with I'll post it here.

Thanks

* Note: English is my second language, so if you find any mistake, or point you couldn't understand please tell me.

Hahaha Love your post, no worries English is my second language too, I am from France.

Right on point 1 civil engineer is mentioned first.

For point 2 you know already the purpose I mentioned earlier in my previous post.

I've got your point on number 4, they are looking to have a pool of diverse engineer specialties doesn't mean that it concerns this advertisement...on the P4 ads though they mentioned a lot about project management

Point 5:  The only time that I mentioned Electricity was in my master's degree in construction Engineer with Electro-mechanical option...

Now to give you my feedback on the ads for which I applied, I believe that it s all about Project management in the construction of any type of project, Road, Culvert, bridge (small), or public building. From the admin preparation, passing through its execution, and finally the handover to the beneficiary.

Happy to discuss any time. I believe I will take the test tomorrow ( I am based in Bangladesh for the time being 🙂 )

16 hours ago, JBA said:

Hello,

I did the written exam and the QCM is covering all the knowledge regarding Civil/construction engineer. From design to project management and Materials.

Good luck everyone!

I have a question... 

Was it you can use a pen and paper... 

Or

You can't use a pen and a paper? 

It is well explained before you start the test. For me, I could use white paper and a pen. Actually, since you have calculations to make sometime It would be very mean to prevent you to have a draft with you. For the calculator you have to use the one that is part of the open windows where the test is taking place, you will see it next to the timer.

If you have a problem of connection don't panic it can reconnect by itself if really it bugs in theory you can reconnect using the same link (don't change to another language it is forbidden!). 

You have 45min and it is feasible don't stay blocked go for the question that you know and the one that you don't know just flag them you can come back later.

20 minutes ago, JBA said:

It is well explained before you start the test. For me, I could use white paper and a pen. Actually, since you have calculations to make sometime It would be very mean to prevent you to have a draft with you. For the calculator you have to use the one that is part of the open windows where the test is taking place, you will see it next to the timer.

If you have a problem of connection don't panic it can reconnect by itself if really it bugs in theory you can reconnect using the same link (don't change to another language it is forbidden!). 

You have 45min and it is feasible don't stay blocked go for the question that you know and the one that you don't know just flag them you can come back later.

I did the test and I used a pen and paper... 

But it was mentioned in the instructions section something about the pen and paper and I don't remember it, I think it was you can use a pen and paper... 

I am afraid if it was you can't... 

That's it. 

Thank you 

For me, it was allowed and clearly mentioned. Did you have any calculations to make? in that case, it will be also allowed for you. You can do it using only your mind, you need to put it on paper...

16 minutes ago, JBA said:

For me, it was allowed and clearly mentioned. Did you have any calculations to make? in that case, it will be also allowed for you. You can do it using only your mind, you need to put it on paper...

Thanks

3 hours ago, Kampala2022 said:

Dear All, anyone who will move to the next level after technical test of FIT pool Engineer position please update us. I did P4 test.

I think all candidates will be notified at the same time, based on what I've seen in the conversations, I also think updating the status is systemic for all candidates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 6:24 AM, Wali.K said:

I think all candidates will be notified at the same time, based on what I've seen in the conversations, I also think updating the status is systemic for all candidates.

How's it doing everybody?
What's new in FIT pool processes?
Any updates?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I took the written assessment for the FIT pool monitoring assistant fixed term G-4(P2) on the 16th Jun and nothing yet...

Is there anyone who took the exam the same day in the same situation or you guys got some news?

I'm starting to get desperate...

Thank you in advance