WFP Future International Talent (FIT) Pool

Markee

Application

I applied online. I was interviewed at World Food Programme (South Africa)

Interview

For security domain P level. Quite a professional way of conducting the selection process. 

1. Written Exam (July)- 45 Qs, 2 hrs. Very tough because of paucity of time and the need to type out responses (with word limits ranging from 100 to 300). Most of the Qs are descriptive, a mix of domain specific (application of theoretical knowledge on ground), personality based (describe yourself in 3 words, good/bad experiences and their learnings, challenging situations etc) and motivation to join (what attracts you - 3 words- incidentally they asked me to explain 1 of the motivational factors in the last step).                                         

2. Computer aided Digital interview (Nov) - 10 Qs - 40 minutes. Each Q has 5 mins to prepare and 2.5 mins to respond. Similar to competency based, professional experience, handling challenges, team building, motivation etc. Good to write responses, structure the response and keepan eye on timer. Remember ABC - Accuracy, Bevity and Clarity. Concentrate on your actions than on the context or the situation or challenge. 

3. Language Test (mid Nov) - 40 minutes. 17 Qs, each with 3 sub questions. 30 secs to read/listen and 2.30 mins to respond. Qs based on a survey given at the beginning of the process. Computer aided and proctored by a third party. Just keep talking. 

4. Panel Interview (second week Dec). 3 members. Really tough. Indirect Qs. Most related to competencies and 1 related to reason for joining as given out in written test. Don't fumble , take it cool, think/reflect and respond.

I was told it will take 2 months to hear back. Nothing as yet. Fingers crossed. 

Interview Questions
  • Mostly situation based, domain related, competency based, life skills.

On 1/5/2021 at 1:10 PM, MA1990 said:

Happy New Year Uhuru. Any good news from your end?

That's interesting.

I thought that was a give too. But i guess they have to establish whether you still have the stamina to handle another year of wait. Good luck

On 2/2/2021 at 6:57 PM, Platy2 said:

Hello everybody and Hi Uhuru2020!

No news from my si

de. I have received an email from HR asking if I was interested in staying in for another year, which I thought was already settled in the rules, but a part for that, no news sadly. 

I guess this is a weird time, but still! 

Good luck to all of you! 

On 2/4/2021 at 8:39 AM, Ahmed1310 said:

I finished my panel interview on 27 November 2020 and since i didn’t hear from their side and my status wasn’t changed since that time even I contacted them and they reported that the process is ongoing 

my question is

Does it take that time to finalize the results and when they normally contact the references(which no one asked me to provide their names or data) after the panel interview 

Hi,

That's a bit a while almost 3 months and no news.

However, they would send you a form to complete the code of conduct if successful and thereafter a reference google form.

Let's wish you the best

On 1/31/2021 at 5:17 AM, Uhuru2020 said:

Hello Members,

A luta continua! 

Just checking in if any of us in the FIT pool has commenced work since the last intake in August 2020? 

I wonder what the absorption rate is for the pool as I believe it should be less than 30%. Since I was added in August, i havent received any proposed role which is a tad disappointing.

I am considering a temporary role in UNOPS which should be able to keep me going and at least enter the system - I may not inform HQ Fit Pool about the change in circumstances either :) 

Would be great to hear some experiences.....good day!

Hi Uhuru2020 and Members,

I'm curious to know what the absorption rate is as well. I have been on the roster for 8 months now and no proposals till date. 

Has anyone received any offers so far? Also, do you think the pandemic is affecting the absorption rate ? Are they prioritizing internal candidates for the time being? What are your thoughts?

2 hours ago, Federil said:

Hi Uhuru2020 and Members,

I'm curious to know what the absorption rate is as well. I have been on the roster for 8 months now and no proposals till date. 

Has anyone received any offers so far? Also, do you think the pandemic is affecting the absorption rate ? Are they prioritizing internal candidates for the time being? What are your thoughts?

Good to hear from you Federil.

What i have seen across the UN agencies this last year is the increase in temporary roles instead of fixed term maybe as a result of covid challenges and budget constraints. I believe they are relying more on such contracts which we fixed termers  are ineligible for.

I do not have confidence that the situation will change later in 2021 and i am now advocating for others to take up temporary roles instead and once inside you can navigate your way.

Hi All,

I am new here. I have applied for the FIT position and I am included in the roster since November 2020. While checking my status, I noticed that the date has been updated, but still has not been contacted by HR. Did someone experience the same? What could be the explanation for this update?

Thanks.

On 2/18/2021 at 12:29 PM, Eduard 20 said:

Hello Members,

Just to let you know that I have received an email of inclusion in the Risk and Compliance P2 Fit pool.

I am waiting what the future holds. All the best to everyone.

Regards,

Ed

Hello dear

could you tell me how long did it take from the date you finished your panel interview till you were contacted to provide reference data until you received an email of inclusion in fitpool.

because I finished my panel interview almost 3 months ago and it’s silence since that time.(security)

thanks on advance 

On 2/20/2021 at 7:36 PM, Ahmed1310 said:

Hello dear

could you tell me how long did it take from the date you finished your panel interview till you were contacted to provide reference data until you received an email of inclusion in fitpool.

because I finished my panel interview almost 3 months ago and it’s silence since that time.(security)

thanks on advance 

Hello Ahmed.

The process took an average of 3 months. I did the panel interview at the start of November; requested to provide references after 5 weeks and then included in the pool after two months.

From what I saw in this forum, some processes may take longer, but you can contact Devex for more infos.

All the best brother.

Ed.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:06 AM, POP86 said:

Isn't there anyone has any update for who applied to HR Officer positions P3 & P4 after the assessment phase knowing that I completed the assessment since March.

I still have the massage of:

(We are pleased to advise you that you will be partaking in the assessment phase)

How it went?

Hi Guys,

This is to thank posters who contributed information - I felt compelled to register and share what I've got in return. I received an email that I've been added to the pool for P3 budget and programming officer yesterday. It took a year from the date of application to receiving the 'you got it' email.

I applied in March 2020 and these were the steps in the process:

- Technical test - Jul 2020.

- Video motivational interview - Sep 2020.

- Language test - didn't happen (English set as first working language).

- Panel Interview - Nov 2020.

- Reference verification check (and other) - there were a few iterations:

a. Nov 20 (even prior to panel test) - Academic Verification form

b. Dec 20 - beyond reference checks I understand there is also a background check (probably WFP - Devex - background verification agency). In Dec 2020 I received an email from such a firm that they will be scooping the internets to see what digital footprint I've got. 

c. Dec 2020, I was requested to upload a conflict of interest disclosure form via google docs.

d. Jan 2021 I submitted references' contact details (it was separate from Academic Verification since I had a reference related question to Devex and they took time to respond).

d. Mar 2021, I was requested to upload another conflict of interest disclosure form, this time on wfp's section on careers website.

Also, remember the non-disclosure clause that all of us involved ticked off at some point or another - would discourage against providing verbatim questions / scenarios / exercises, one cause that's 'breaking the promise' and two that's no good in general :-). Like some other posters here advised - think of motivational questions, prepare good real life examples of success, failure, challenges, when you did good / bad / learnt something, make sense of the job ad / JD, and throw some time at general interview prep and tips.

Once again, thank you guys for sharing your stories, and I hope this is helpful. I will, too, provide an update if I hear anything on the assignment / roster posting / EOI.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:37 AM, Maryayim said:

Hello,

Am new here, any info on WFP FIT Pool for Security Officer?

Waiting after Panel Interview

Hello dear 

same for me, i had my panel interview in late November and it’s silent since that time 

what about you?

Hi All,

@JP25 thanks for sharing. It is good to hear that offers will start arriving soon, hopefully its across all pools. I'm sure the change in status is a sign that we will be receiving positive news in the weeks ahead. From my end, there's been no status but hopefully that will change soon.

Good luck to everyone...cheers!

On 3/11/2021 at 6:31 PM, JP25 said:

Just received email informing that a meeting happened and offers will arrive soon. Let’s see

Hi - which talent pool were you accepted to? 

Never mind - found your earlier post :)  fingers crossed that things will start moving soon! I am also in the HR pool but did not get any emails... curious if anyone else has..? 

Edited by Wila

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, great to hear that we are starting to see some sort of traction. I for one got tired of the silence and got a short term contract with FAO. At least am now inside the UN agencies with a UN passport and can see what happens if they call us. Haven’t decided yet when to update fitpool on the change of my status. I guess I will wait a little longer.