WFP Future International Talent (FIT) Pool

Markee

Dear All,

This is good to know that things may accelerate in the coming weeks/months. From my side, I am already included in the roster. I checked my status and it has been updated on 3 February 2021 (almost 2 months after I got the notification on my inclusion in the roster). Anyone knows what does it mean? 

Thanks and good luck to all (those already included and those still waiting to receiving the notification of inclusion). 

On 3/15/2021 at 8:26 AM, LeaoAzul said:

Anyone get an update in status to the application that made it into the pool? I just checked and it seems there was some type of update made to mine.

Perhaps this could be an anomaly but status updates were always a positive thing during the selection phase....

Yes, the date changed on 25/3/2021 though the status hasn’t changed yet and still reads congratulations you’ve passed through....

We hope the first to receive any invitations to be interviewed will share the good news as it’s coming to a year for some in this pool.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:52 AM, Uhuru2020 said:

That's interesting.

I thought that was a give too. But i guess they have to establish whether you still have the stamina to handle another year of wait. Good luck

Fingers crossed.

do let us know if anything comes up

Also my status was updated on 29/3/2021 but with the same thing (congratulations you have passed through....etc).

as I didn’t receive anything since my panel interview in late 2020 for security fitpool (absolutely nothing even asking for references ).

On 4/7/2021 at 7:56 PM, Ahmed1310 said:

Also my status was updated on 29/3/2021 but with the same thing (congratulations you have passed through....etc).

as I didn’t receive anything since my panel interview in late 2020 for security fitpool (absolutely nothing even asking for references ).

Sounds like they will be in touch shortly. Congrats! 

as you have seen with all of us, there is need for a lot of patience as the responses take time. And will even take longer once you are in the pool. Keep us posted once they connect final steps.

Hi all,

I am a new member here. I went through the Security FIT Pool for P3 and P4. I failed to the P4 Security Officer position but went through the P3 Security Officer recrutment process.

After the panel interview for the P3 Security position, I was contacted by Devex since 19th March requesting my professional and educational reference.

Devex did contact both my university and my professional reference requesting an appointment on Skype with my professional reference. The Skype rendez-vous with professional reference was due to take place last week, but so far nothing has happened.

Anyone else in the same situation.

Thanks and good luck to all of us going through this very loooooong journey.

On 4/9/2021 at 1:09 PM, PapyS said:

Hi all,

I am a new member here. I went through the Security FIT Pool for P3 and P4. I failed to the P4 Security Officer position but went through the P3 Security Officer recrutment process.

After the panel interview for the P3 Security position, I was contacted by Devex since 19th March requesting my professional and educational reference.

Devex did contact both my university and my professional reference requesting an appointment on Skype with my professional reference. The Skype rendez-vous with professional reference was due to take place last week, but so far nothing has happened.

Anyone else in the same situation.

Thanks and good luck to all of us going through this very loooooong journey.

Hello papys and welcome 

can i ask you when was your panel interview?

i had my interview in late November for p3 security and I wasn’t contacted since that time from Devex although my status was updated in March but with no new news

Hi Ahmed1310,

I had my panel interview in mid-dec 2020. I guess Devex/WFP is contacting candidates progressively. I dont know. I have a senior colleague of mine who had his panel interview for the P4 position in Security in early Nov 2020. He was contacted just yesterday and was requested to provide his educational and professional referee. So let's hope they shall contact you soon enough.

Fingers crossed and good luck to all.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:32 AM, Ahmed1310 said:

Hello papys and welcome 

can i ask you when was your panel interview?

i had my interview in late November for p3 security and I wasn’t contacted since that time from Devex although my status was updated in March but with no new news

Hi Ahmed1310,

I had my panel interview in mid-dec 2020. I guess Devex/WFP is contacting candidates progressively. I dont know. I have a senior colleague of mine who had his panel interview for the P4 position in Security in early Nov 2020. He was contacted just yesterday and was requested to provide his educational and professional referee. So let's hope they shall contact you soon enough.

Hi everyone,

Great to have these kind of exchange. Please note that I made it to the pool for Budget and Programming Officer P1/P2. It was a very long process and around one month ago I finally got the notification. My panel interview was at the end of November. 

I have not been contacted for anything else since I received the notification that I entered the roster. Hope this help if anyone was waiting for information in these positions.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:55 PM, Federil said:

Hi Platy2,

I was informed of inclusion into the FIT pool for Supply Chain/Logistics Officer in April 2020. Since then, I have received two e-mails for Expression of Interest with both going dead silent. No response to my follow-up e-mails either. I just saw on Aug-31, there was a an Expression of Interest for different roles including Supply Chain.

So I'm curios to know as well, if anyone has received a job offer or has some insider info to share with us on what is happening.

Best!

Hello Federil,

Could you explain what type of technical test did you experience ?

Thanks,

On 4/16/2021 at 1:08 PM, PapyS said:

Hi Ahmed1310,

Thanks papy for your kind help,

Could you please tell us after the process is finished,so we can know our status from your side as till now I receive nothing 

thanks for your understanding 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

for those who are in the pool already, has anything 'accelerated' over the past weeks, or is everything at a complete standstill? No news on my end, and as someone pointed out earlier (based on this forum's sample) it looks like the absorption capacity of the pool remains at 0%. Looking forward to more positive news from anyone

All the best

On 6/12/2018 at 4:35 PM, Lala_B said:

Hi! I had a written exam for P2 comm officer about two weeks ago. Which job area you applied for?

Hi Lala_B, 

I am going through assessment for P4 comm. Could you please share types of questions 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just found this page and thread and it is super useful. I have been included in the FIT pool for Risk & Compliance P2. I am wondering who else has been placed on this particular pool - I suggest we exchange contact details to share info and notes, and have a more informed bargaining position with recruitment. Would you be interested? Also, I'd like to ask if anyone here, on any pool, has been given an offer of employment or has heard of anyone else who has been employed from a FIT pool? 

On 4/26/2021 at 10:26 PM, Ahmed1310 said:

Thanks papy for your kind help,

Could you please tell us after the process is finished,so we can know our status from your side as till now I receive nothing 

thanks for your understanding 

Hi Ahmed,

Just to let you know, as you requested, that a few days ago, I was contacted by WFP informing of my inclusion in the fit pool for Security Officer P3 position.

The two years long journey has started for me as well for those who were placed much before.

Any news from your side? Fingers crossed and good luck to all who are already placed in different fit pool.

42 minutes ago, PapyS said:

Hi Ahmed,

Just to let you know, as you requested, that a few days ago, I was contacted by WFP informing of my inclusion in the fit pool for Security Officer P3 position.

The two years long journey has started for me as well for those who were placed much before.

Any news from your side? Fingers crossed and good luck to all who are already placed in different fit pool.

Hi papy

congratulations i am so happy for you, from mu side it’s silence even I contacted devex but he responded back with the same message that the process is still ongoing,so  I think that i am out for that time as they didn’t contact me for a long time since my interview in late November,but anyway good luck for you all, and very thanks for your update 

Hello PapyS

Congrats on your inclusion in the fit pool. I was also successful and would like for us to keep in touch. I wish to encourage others who did not succeed this time to keep up the fight, your efforts will pay off eventually. We are all still hopeful to get actual job offers eventually. The wait is still on, no victor, no vanquished.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 4:32 PM, MikolajD said:

Hi all,

Just found this page and thread and it is super useful. I have been included in the FIT pool for Risk & Compliance P2. I am wondering who else has been placed on this particular pool - I suggest we exchange contact details to share info and notes, and have a more informed bargaining position with recruitment. Would you be interested? Also, I'd like to ask if anyone here, on any pool, has been given an offer of employment or has heard of anyone else who has been employed from a FIT pool? 

Hi,

Congrats fir the inclusion in the fitpool. I was included in the same FP as well (two months ago). We can exchange our contact details if you wish.

Best,

Hi all,

So the latter part of last year I took part in the Risk & Compliance P2 Fit pool assessment. I didn't pass the French test so I was not invited for the final interview.

However, I took part in IOM pathways pool assessment for Resource Management Officer P3 in December of the same year (2020). I was successful and was included in the pool in January 2021. For IOM, they do send expression of interest frequently. I expressed an interest for Finance Officer P3 in Gaziantep Turkey in April. I received an appointment offer on 18th May 2021. I start on 14th June.

For those interested in finance and chief of mission roles, please check the IOM website for details. They do the assessments yearly. Who knows, your entry into the UN system may be through IOM. Thanks

On 6/9/2021 at 1:42 AM, Edwino85 said:

Hi all,

So the latter part of last year I took part in the Risk & Compliance P2 Fit pool assessment. I didn't pass the French test so I was not invited for the final interview.

However, I took part in IOM pathways pool assessment for Resource Management Officer P3 in December of the same year (2020). I was successful and was included in the pool in January 2021. For IOM, they do send expression of interest frequently. I expressed an interest for Finance Officer P3 in Gaziantep Turkey in April. I received an appointment offer on 18th May 2021. I start on 14th June.

For those interested in finance and chief of mission roles, please check the IOM website for details. They do the assessments yearly. Who knows, your entry into the UN system may be through IOM. Thanks

Thank you Edwino85 for the advice. I have been a FIT Pool member for two years now and I am yet to receive the first expression of interest. Really disappointing.