HGSE 2019

civitas

1 hour ago, Ed_Cog said:

Current HGSE students, any chance one of you has info about when the admissions committee intends to release decisions for Ed.M. applicants for this cycle? Seems like it'll either be this Friday or next Friday...

I think it should be next Friday. Consulted with their academic calendar.

4 hours ago, civitas said:

I think it should be next Friday. Consulted with their academic calendar.

Ugh I'm hoping for Tuesday since they've done first Tuesdays in March in the past. I'm curious as to what you saw on the academic calendar that makes you think next Friday?

Also agree with Ed_Cog, would love to hear from current HGSE students if any happen to be lurking...

On 10/25/2018 at 5:32 AM, civitas said:

Since I haven't seen any related posts for 2019, let's begin with myself. 

Program/Concentration: TIE (Master)
GRE Score: Not taken yet
GPA: 3.0 undergraduate (I've been leading my startup since sophomore year)
Work Experience: 4 years in EdTech startup as CEO; an EdTech product with 300,000+ global users
Undergrad/Grad Institution (Public, Private, Ivy, etc..): One of the best normal universities in China (global ranking 200-300), Chinese Literature major
Research Experience: Cooperating with local universities for their EdTech projects; one of which was listed in a national teaching project from Chinese MoE 
LoR/SoP: Since I don't have a supervisor for these years it's a bit difficult for me. Maybe from some professors that have cooperation.
What Other Schools Are You Applying to: Stanford, Northwestern, UBC, UCL

I'm both applying for EAS and EdTech... It's a bit awkward to say so, yet I have some more experience in the public sector in China, e.g holding a similar title to the city council here, having the chance to cooperate with local schools with my ed-tech products. Frankly speaking, I don't know if my targets are too high or not. 

I am applying to educational technology programs too. Do you have any portfolio visits from any of the schools yet?

1 hour ago, Troyanov said:

I am applying to educational technology programs too. Do you have any portfolio visits from any of the schools yet?

I can't tell which school actually visited my portfolio. I think most of the master programs don't have that kind of patience..

Edited by civitas

9 minutes ago, MK123 said:

Does anyone have any insight on if it will be today or not? ?

Someone who is currently in the US maybe give them a call? I’m out of the country. 

17 minutes ago, taketoday said:

Hello all!

*stressed* MBE applicant here. Been lurking for a while but decided to post!

Had a friend call admissions... no answer, but he left a message. Will keep you all posted if they decide to call him back. Good luck to everyone!

Thank you so much!!! *Stressed* L&L applicant here. 

12 minutes ago, LearnGrowTeach said:

Decisions will be released today. Phone calls to accepted EdLD candidates were made yesterday. During those calls, we were told that the emails would be sent and decisions would be posted today.

Good luck to everyone!

Great news! Thanks. 

Got a rejection for TIE program - seems absurd as I already had an interview earlier this month - but it certainly has some points, as the AO told me that they don't have a corresponding PhD program, and very few people got into a PhD after the program. So, basically, I think I don't match the program...