DrPH Applicants Fall 2019

pakiprincess

3 hours ago, Adewunmi said:

For those of us waiting on UIC, do you think they will keep their word and notify us before the week is over?  This wait is killing me?

I certainly hope so! Did you have an interview?

Edited by Late_Bloomer

1 hour ago, Late_Bloomer said:

I certainly hope so! Did you have an interview?

I just called and spoke with Brandon at UIC who said that he got word that emails regarding acceptance will be sent on Monday. It also sounds like interviews are part of the selection process. I did not get an interview request so think it's time to start my weekend early! Good luck everyone! I hope Monday brings you all good news!

On 4/2/2019 at 12:11 AM, MrsHealthy said:

I have my interview w UIC (DrPH in Leadership) this Friday! Just found out/set up today! Anyone else interviewing there?

How did your interview go? Did they let you know when you would hear back from them? Today is the day Brandon said emails would be sent out but still nothing, on my end.

4 minutes ago, Motherof4 said:

Nope. This is so frustrating.

It truly is. I've tried calling Brandon and it goes to voicemail. A part of me believes they are conducting a social experiment to determine just how frustrated they can make their applicants. I believe UIC is the last program to make their admission decisions. 

6 hours ago, DrPH On Hold said:

How did your interview go? Did they let you know when you would hear back from them? Today is the day Brandon said emails would be sent out but still nothing, on my end.

Interview went well! Was 30 minutes on the phone with Dr. Lenihan. I was told that from the 30 or so people interviewed, 20 would move forward to the admissions committee and by mid-April, notification would be sent to those selected. 

13 hours ago, MrsHealthy said:

Interview went well! Was 30 minutes on the phone with Dr. Lenihan. I was told that from the 30 or so people interviewed, 20 would move forward to the admissions committee and by mid-April, notification would be sent to those selected. 

Thanks for the update!  Good luck!

3 minutes ago, DrPH On Hold said:

Congratulations! I got the impression from Brandon that interviews were part of the selection process. Since I was not asked to interview I now have my answer. A bit disappointed since this was the only program I applied to but at least I can stop spinning my wheels. Best wishes!

It would be nice if they would notify everyone else of their status sooner rather than later. Still holding out hope.

Edited by Late_Bloomer

2 hours ago, Late_Bloomer said:

It would be nice if they would notify everyone else of their status sooner rather than later. Still holding out hope.

Hello there, 

i emailed the academic coordinator and was finally provided a response

"Given the high level of competition, your application was not advanced to the final stage so we are not able to offer you admission this year. The official decision letter from the main UIC Office of Admissions will come via mail in the coming weeks. The program is unable to provide individual feedback for students who were denied admission due to the number of applications. The program is highly competitive with a typical 10% acceptance rate. Please see information on the DrPH website hereoutlining how applications are evaluated, which may be helpful". I did not receive an interview 

Good luck to you.

2 minutes ago, Adewunmi said:

Hello there, 

i emailed the academic coordinator and was finally provided a response

"Given the high level of competition, your application was not advanced to the final stage so we are not able to offer you admission this year. The official decision letter from the main UIC Office of Admissions will come via mail in the coming weeks. The program is unable to provide individual feedback for students who were denied admission due to the number of applications. The program is highly competitive with a typical 10% acceptance rate. Please see information on the DrPH website hereoutlining how applications are evaluated, which may be helpful". I did not receive an interview 

Good luck to you.

Okay.  Thanks for the information.  Onward we go. ?

On 4/4/2019 at 4:57 PM, Adewunmi said:

No I did not get an interview request.

19 hours ago, MrsHealthy said:

Thank you so much! Well wishes to you!

19 hours ago, MrsHealthy said:

Thank you so much! Well wishes to you!

Just received an email from UIC. I have been waitlisted. I did not get an interview. I guess interviews are not required to be considered for admission after all. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Motherof4

14 hours ago, Motherof4 said:

Just received an email from UIC. I have been waitlisted. I did not get an interview. I guess interviews are not required to be considered for admission after all. Good luck everyone!

That's interesting and good to hear since I haven't received any notification yet. I'll keep waiting.  Good luck to you!

Edited by Late_Bloomer