DrPH Applicants Fall 2019

pakiprincess

On 3/1/2019 at 5:42 AM, Jay1 said:

Congratulations to all who got admitted to BU. And it seems like the Harvard rejection club is thriving.

I have no idea if Columbia does interviews unfortunately. What department did you apply to? Based on last year, it seems we should know in the next week to 10 days. I've already kind of mentally decided to try again in next year's application cycle and to be more strategic about things.  Unless an absolute miracle happens and I get off the Hopkins (PhD) waitlist with funding. But no regrets, this application cycle has been a major learning experience and really I should have made time to scour these forums BEFORE applying rather than last minute-ing everything around my work schedule.

I applied to Sociomedical Sciences. What about you? I definitely will give more time towards the application process. I thought a month and a half would be enough: definitely not the case with a full-time job. At least we know that Hopkins decisions will come out soon. 

7 minutes ago, Hopeful2019 said:

I kind of want to call them again but I also don't want to annoy the admissions department...but at this point, shouldn't they know the exact date the decisions will be sent out?

Totally with you on this. I've called from both my cell and my google number ... hehehehe.

And yes, I'd be dollars to Homer Simpson donuts that they know EXACTLY who is in and who is out, AND when the decisions are coming.

17 minutes ago, TopofthemuffinTOYOU said:

Totally with you on this. I've called from both my cell and my google number ... hehehehe.

And yes, I'd be dollars to Homer Simpson donuts that they know EXACTLY who is in and who is out, AND when the decisions are coming.

Haha. It’s getting to the point that we are going to have to start making calls with robotic software that has different voices. We can all say we have other offers to decide on lol. But in all seriousness, thanks for calling them on different occasions. 

Edited by Rose petals

Haha. On the other hand, the admissions office isn't going to track your personal number and voice, and then go back to the admissions committee and say "overturn your decision to accept this person - she called twice for an update on the application!" haha. That being said, I think everyone can call at least once.

The entire convo:

Me: Hi, I'm looking for some specific information about DrPH program admissions.

Hopkins: What information in particular are you looking for?

Me: I'd like to know the exact date when admissions decisions for the DrPH program will be sent out, or to be connected to someone who has that information.

Hopkins: Decisions have not been sent out yet, and should be sent out early next week.

35 minutes ago, TopofthemuffinTOYOU said:

The entire convo:

Me: Hi, I'm looking for some specific information about DrPH program admissions.

Hopkins: What information in particular are you looking for?

Me: I'd like to know the exact date when admissions decisions for the DrPH program will be sent out, or to be connected to someone who has that information.

Hopkins: Decisions have not been sent out yet, and should be sent out early next week.

To me early next week means Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday is already mid next week lol. Thanks for calling ?

Well at least I can stop checking my email every 10 minutes like a madman. I can just start that up again Monday.

Anyone want to start a bet on when decisions will come out? My money's on late Wednesday morning. I know that's not technically "early next week" but it's before the midpoint of the work week and therefore as late as they could possibly push it and still hold up in a court of law ?

10 minutes ago, hopskipjump13 said:

Well at least I can stop checking my email every 10 minutes like a madman. I can just start that up again Monday.

Anyone want to start a bet on when decisions will come out? My money's on late Wednesday morning. I know that's not technically "early next week" but it's before the midpoint of the work week and therefore as late as they could possibly push it and still hold up in a court of law ?

I'm in on the bet. My guess is Tuesday morning, before Noon Eastern (so they have a Monday to "finalize" everything).

2 hours ago, hopskipjump13 said:

I bet Tuesday afternoon, like COB late. Thanks to all who have updated the group with info!

I'm just really, really ready for this whole process to be over. I hate pouring over all of the forums and living in such high levels of anxiety. I keep telling myself that whatever happens, happens, and I have gotten into two really great programs, but I just want it to be over with. lol

Sorry... had to get that off of my chest...