Hello all!

I am applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs and I have a question about experiment descriptions for my research and subject experience.

I was a research subject first, then I was a research assistant for the same study. I have separated my CV into research experience and volunteer experience. I explained the experiment in each section.

Is it redundant to explain the same experiment twice, in two different sections if the description is the same? Or is it better to name the experiment in the first description and just list the name when I refer to it later in my CV, removing the repeated description?

I don't want to waste their time, but I don't want to seem as though I wasn't thorough.

Thank you! 

Edited by brumk

On 11/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, Hk328 said:

I personally have never heard of someone including research participation as a subject on their CV. I think you can just cut that and focus on your research assistant experience. 

I have never heard of this either. I would have your mentors (letter-writers) review your CV. It's a little late probably a day before the deadline, but if they cannot review, I would strongly use one of their CVs as templates of what should go on a CV.