ETH ESOP 2019

10 hours ago, vphys said:

@JerryChen97 Any news guys? I am still waiting for my ESOP/MSP decision both for Physics MSc and HEP MSc.... I am quite anxious...Would I have received rejection if my documents had some problem(paranoia ?)??

I'm also still waiting for both. I called the financial aid office and they told me that the results should come out by next week.

15 hours ago, vphys said:

@JerryChen97 Any news guys? I am still waiting for my ESOP/MSP decision both for Physics MSc and HEP MSc.... I am quite anxious...Would I have received rejection if my documents had some problem(paranoia ?)??

Some guys told me that it is possible that we did not receive the email this week because we were rejected by ESOP but accepted by MSP... Anyway, I am still waiting for it. I hope the rejection comes as soon as possible so that I can focus on my own business...

2 hours ago, JerryChen97 said:

Some guys told me that it is possible that we did not receive the email this week because we were rejected by ESOP but accepted by MSP... Anyway, I am still waiting for it. I hope the rejection comes as soon as possible so that I can focus on my own business...

Where’d you get that info? Man I get so nervous every time there’s any update on this thread ?

Speaking of MSP, anybody else got accepted or any news about it this week? Most of the people posting are those accepted for ESOP, or rejected for both ESOP and MSP...

4 minutes ago, axel18 said:

Where’d you get that info? Man I get so nervous every time there’s any update on this thread ?

Speaking of MSP, anybody else got accepted or any news about it this week? Most of the people posting are those accepted for ESOP, or rejected for both ESOP and MSP...

They inferred this conclusion from the reception of both accept/rejection letters and answers to inquiry emails:

1. When asked about the ESOP, ETH replied that the result should be informed by the end of this week; for the MSP, it was next week

2. Those who were rejected by both scholarships received the rejection in one single email, and they received the rejection this week, while no one said they were accepted for the MSP

So maybe it will be the situation that for us who received no letters this week it's because we are rejected for the ESOP but accepted by the MSP...

Still, I feel it's just a conjecture which has never been demonstrated by anything else... Maybe more possibly it's just people who are as nervous as us and they have figured out an overfitted model lol...

On 3/22/2019 at 10:10 AM, vphys said:

@JerryChen97 Oh... No worries mate you are going to Perimeter so everything is set nevertheless ;)!

Oh yeah thank you. I am just disappointed that they did not even interview me. I don't understand. Maybe there is something like a filter, which rejected me at the very beginning.

Congratulations for everybody who got MSP! My friend asked since she applied for two programmes (CS and Security) and for both she applied for MSP/ESOP, and week ago got only one rejection e-mail for ESOP/MSP (no indication for which of two programmes),  does that mean that she still got a chance to get partial scholarship for other programme, I mean, does she need to get rejection email for both programmes?

From what I have seen so far regarding rejection/acceptance e-mails I believe she will get the partial funding for the one programme (at least I hope so!). But to she needs to contact the financial aid office to clarify for which programme  she got rejected for ESOP & MSP.

Best of Luck to everyone else awaiting news !!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...