ETH ESOP 2019

I just received the admission email(M.Sc. in Physics) yesterday, but I got no response concerning ESOP.

Besides, that email ask me not to make any more inquiries before receiving the official mail of admission? I am TOTALLY CONFUSED by this...

On 2/27/2019 at 2:58 PM, capitalist said:

@Adi3007

Received my quantum engineering admission on 17 Feb I think. Found this thread last night and was really worried about ESOP as a lot of people have had interviews already 

Welp, this morning I got an interview invitation alright, asking if I am available today or tomorrow. Very sudden, but won't complain!

That's great news! Hope the interview went well :)

Also, let's stay connected now that we are going to be batchmates- check your inbox!

Cheers

4 hours ago, vphys said:

@StellarWind Congrats! Wow, email by the admissions office secretariat on Sunday!? Did you get an ESOP interview earlier?

Thanks! Yeah, it's a bit confusing why do they work on Sunday ?

I haven't had my interview yet, but I hope that I still have chances to get it by mid-March. What about you, have you had it?

3 hours ago, StellarWind said:

Thanks! Yeah, it's a bit confusing why do they work on Sunday ?

I haven't had my interview yet, but I hope that I still have chances to get it by mid-March. What about you, have you had it?

@StellarWind :D No mate, no news regarding my ESOP either!

7 hours ago, dmpaddler1 said:

What's the deal with the withdraw button?  I was accepted a few weeks ago but my withdraw button on ETH eApply is still there.

"Withdraw" button reappears once you receive acceptance... That's what I experienced... :) 

To the ones that received the decision (admission or rejection): when did you send your application?

Me and my friend both sent it 2 or 3 days before the deadline and neither of us has received the decision (neither for admission nor for the ESOP) so I'm starting to think that they might be processing the applications in the order of receiving.

One more thing, (to everyone who didn't apply to/hasn't received the ESOP) do you plan to do an internship between semesters in order to afford the costs of living?

Good luck to everyone still waiting for the decision.

3 hours ago, NFSergiu said:

To the ones that received the decision (admission or rejection): when did you send your application?

Me and my friend both sent it 2 or 3 days before the deadline and neither of us has received the decision (neither for admission nor for the ESOP) so I'm starting to think that they might be processing the applications in the order of receiving.

One more thing, (to everyone who didn't apply to/hasn't received the ESOP) do you plan to do an internship between semesters in order to afford the costs of living?

My documents along with application were received by ETH 2 days before deadline. I have received decision for Data Science program, I am still waiting for CS results.

35 minutes ago, aarav said:

My documents along with application were received by ETH 2 days before deadline. I have received decision for Data Science program, I am still waiting for CS results.

My documents along with the application were received by ETH one day before the deadline. I received a decision for CS via email yesterday, however, I had an ESOP interview 7 days ago where the professor told me I was accepted, even though my acceptance email did not arrive until now.

9 minutes ago, hannar said:

My documents along with the application were received by ETH one day before the deadline. I received a decision for CS via email yesterday, however, I had an ESOP interview 7 days ago where the professor told me I was accepted, even though my acceptance email did not arrive until now.

I also applied for CS but didn't have the interview yet...I guess I can assume that I was rejected for ESOP.

If I may ask, just out of curiosity, what was your master's thesis proposal about? (Mine was about Visual SLAM).

Edited by NFSergiu

10 minutes ago, NFSergiu said:

I also applied for CS but didn't have the interview yet...I guess I can assume that I was rejected for ESOP.

If I may ask, just out of curiosity, what was your master's thesis proposal about? (Mine was about Visual SLAM).

That topic sounds interesting :) Mine was about a novel end-to-end neural network structure for detecting events in time-series data (such as EEG).

10 hours ago, NFSergiu said:

Hi !

For the record I've received my admission (Robotics Master) the 21th of February. And my application was submitted the 11th of December.

In order to complete this master, I'll have to do an internship of at least 12 weeks. But I've heard that internship of 12 weeks are uncommon (it's too short for companies), so I'm likely to do a 6-month internship, which is easier to find, after completing all the courses for the master, and right before the "master thesis".

Good luck to you !

13 hours ago, NFSergiu said:

Don't plan on doing internships between semesters: that time is usually spent studying for exams that take place in February and August.

7 hours ago, LittleMissDynamite said:

Don't plan on doing internships between semesters: that time is usually spent studying for exams that take place in February and August.

:( Heart broken... I wanted to travel :( ? @LittleMissDynamite

@NFSergiu

I think even if you do not get the scholarships you can manage doing what you call "Assistantships" in ETH Depts. I heard there are many such opportunities. Refer this page (You can find more details towards the end of this page)

https://www.ethz.ch/students/en/studies/financial/scholarships/excellencescholarship.html 

1 hour ago, PravSil said:

:( Heart broken... I wanted to travel :( ? @LittleMissDynamite

@NFSergiu

I think even if you do not get the scholarships you can manage doing what you call "Assistantships" in ETH Depts. I heard there are many such opportunities. Refer this page (You can find more details towards the end of this page)

https://www.ethz.ch/students/en/studies/financial/scholarships/excellencescholarship.html 

I think you can definitely plan some traveling in semester breaks. My friends that have been to EHT in Engineering have all traveled a lot during the first part of the summer break (end of May till the end of July), and then come back to study the last 2 weeks before exams in August.

50 minutes ago, thegreatduke said:

Does anyone know how Partial Stipend is delivered? How frequent they are and how many anually students there are for them? I cannot wait for another 15 days for their decisions on that, I need to inform other university on my decision.

I've heard from previous years applicants that ETH usually has 2-3 ESOP per department and 2-4 MSP per department in conjunction with assistantship. For sure, this number for particular department can alter in range +2 or -2 places, depending on situation in other departments.

Also, everything that I've read about this topic (mainly on the forums) confirms that statistics.

Edited by StellarWind