Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hunter Silberman School Fall 2019 Admissions


ML878

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Molly.h said:

I'd like to know as well.

I can't find anything online thus far.

Yeah and I have not heard anything about it outside of this blog. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Molly.h said:

Hi Karla, 

Best of luck to you! What practice are you doing ?

Can you tell me about your experience with the article?

Thank you! And I applied to the clinical practice. It was a very dense article. It’s about 4 pages long and you have 25 minutes to write at least two paragraphs about the social implications found in the article. It was too broad of a topic to write a response in such a short amount of time. However, the facilatator stated the essay is just to get an idea of how we write. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FYI I got an official email notification earlier today saying Hunter received my deposit (I mailed it 3/23, but Juliana informally said she received my deposit on 3/26). Hopefully we’ll hear back on next steps by sometime tomorrow!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, ML878 said:

FYI I got an official email notification earlier today saying Hunter received my deposit (I mailed it 3/23, but Juliana informally said she received my deposit on 3/26). Hopefully we’ll hear back on next steps by sometime tomorrow!

I received the same email today. I dropped mine off in person this past Monday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jberridge said:

I received the same email today. I dropped mine off in person this past Monday.

Hopefully one of the next steps is attending an orientation of some kind. It’d be great to meet everyone in person! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Karla said:

Thank you! And I applied to the clinical practice. It was a very dense article. It’s about 4 pages long and you have 25 minutes to write at least two paragraphs about the social implications found in the article. It was too broad of a topic to write a response in such a short amount of time. However, the facilatator stated the essay is just to get an idea of how we write. 

That sounds so intense! I'm more nervous about the writing piece than the interview itself. I'm confident in my writing abilities, however, a writing exercise that has to be done under 25 minutes is crazy. It's funny that the facilitator said that because the statement of purpose gives them a good idea of how we write... but maybe they just want to see an academic sample.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2019 at 9:54 PM, Molly.h said:

Hi everyone, 

I applied for the two year track, OML, on 1/31, and my last rec letter was just submitted today so now my application is complete. I was so anxious about my my rec letters being submitted on time and now I'm anxious about hearing back from them and financial aid. Thank God for this thread, it's a comfort to see I'm not alone! 

 

Update! 

So I reached out to enrollment to ask for an estimate of how long it will take to hear back from them. As I mentioned above I submitted my application in January but my recommenders took a long time and my application was officially complete on 3/31. They said that they will reach out to me at the latest May or June. So for anyone who's application was completed recently like mine this is the current estimate 😕

I'm really worried that by the time they get to my application they already have all their seats filled up. I'm still upset that my recommendation letters were submitted so late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Molly.h said:

Update! 

So I reached out to enrollment to ask for an estimate of how long it will take to hear back from them. As I mentioned above I submitted my application in January but my recommenders took a long time and my application was officially complete on 3/31. They said that they will reach out to me at the latest May or June. So for anyone who's application was completed recently like mine this is the current estimate 😕

I'm really worried that by the time they get to my application they already have all their seats filled up. I'm still upset that my recommendation letters were submitted so late.

Jeez, May or June is quite the wait, sorry to hear that 😕. I would still stay hopeful though! because you still have to factor in student's that have been accepted, but will not be attending. Best of luck in the rest of the process, I hope it works out for you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, Molly.h said:

Update! 

So I reached out to enrollment to ask for an estimate of how long it will take to hear back from them. As I mentioned above I submitted my application in January but my recommenders took a long time and my application was officially complete on 3/31. They said that they will reach out to me at the latest May or June. So for anyone who's application was completed recently like mine this is the current estimate 😕

I'm really worried that by the time they get to my application they already have all their seats filled up. I'm still upset that my recommendation letters were submitted so late.

Wow. 

 

Wow. 

 

Wow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Rhodalikesducks said:

As we're all anxiously waiting to find out about orientation, I found this that might be helpful! 

http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/onestop/repository/files/registrar/2019-calendars/FALL 2019 REGISTRATION INFO.pdf

Thanks for sharing!! Has anyone received info on setting up email or anything like that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ML878 said:

Thanks for sharing!! Has anyone received info on setting up email or anything like that?

Not yet! I've only gotten an e-mail on how to set up cunyfirst.  Did you receive that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rhodalikesducks said:

Not yet! I've only gotten an e-mail on how to set up cunyfirst.  Did you receive that?

Oh, I didn’t receive that yet! When did you get that email? I also submitted my deposit on 3/26, in case that helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dropped off my commitment deposit on 04/01 and received a confirmation email on 04/05. I have access to a previously established cunyfirst account from my undergrad and I saw that my financial aid award descriptions were available already. I'm hoping they email out the orientation dates soon...hope this helps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, adeena29 said:

I dropped off my commitment deposit on 04/01 and received a confirmation email on 04/05. I have access to a previously established cunyfirst account from my undergrad and I saw that my financial aid award descriptions were available already. I'm hoping they email out the orientation dates soon...hope this helps!

Thanks for this detail! Hmm I don’t have a previous cunyfirst account so I’m hoping they’ll provide instructions on how to set that up soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ML878 said:

Oh, I didn’t receive that yet! When did you get that email? I also submitted my deposit on 3/26, in case that helps.

i received the e-mail on April 5. Maybe they're still processing yours? I feel like they're doing everything super slow! Don't worry! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Rhodalikesducks said:

i received the e-mail on April 5. Maybe they're still processing yours? I feel like they're doing everything super slow! Don't worry! 

Thanks, mine is probably still just being processed! I just love being able to check things off my to do list though haha....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2019 at 1:15 PM, Jberridge said:

Jeez, May or June is quite the wait, sorry to hear that 😕. I would still stay hopeful though! because you still have to factor in student's that have been accepted, but will not be attending. Best of luck in the rest of the process, I hope it works out for you!

I almost forgot about those accepted vs those registered! Thanks for the reminder! I'm feeling less anxious now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ErinWW said:

Hi everyone! I applied back in January, and my application status has said "HOLD" for about two months now. Has anyone else had this as a status? Thanks! Best of luck to all of you:)

I didn't experience this. Originally mine said incomplete, then submitted once my recommendations were completed. This sounds odd, you should give them a call, they will clarify for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys!!!! So I hope you’re all doing well!! I was just emailing the Advanced Standing advisor and she said in the next couple weeks, Enrollment Management will be contacting us concerning the next steps. She also said pre-Orientation will take place late Spring-early Summer and, if we have any, to have a list of questions ready.

If you already claimed your CUNYfirst account or you’re already a CUNY student, you should be able to access the Hunter email (the username would be CUNYfirst username @ myhunter.cuny.edu). She emphasized checking this for correspondence.

I’d suggest we continue to enjoy the relative peace we have in our lives before we begin preparing for this intense year or two years we’ll be in the program. Also, enjoy this summer. If you can, go on vacation or take at least two days to do nothing; you and your body deserve it #selfcare

Edited by Yve_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I received emails on setting up my cuny email account and immunization requirements earlier this morning! Really relieved to feel like I’m moving forward with next steps, but @Yve_ makes a good point that it’s also good to take it easy while we still can! 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.