Hunter Silberman School Fall 2019 Admissions

ML878

Has anyone going for the OML track heard anything back from hunter yet? I still haven't unfortunately. I reached out to admissions again and I found out that the director for OML/(in general?) likes to interview every single OML applicant. I was hoping to bypass the interview like a lot of students have this semester, but it looks like that's unlikely for the OML track.

On a good note the person will reach out to the chair for me to see why they haven't reached out to me yet. So hopefully I'll hear from them soon!

If any of you haven't heard anything yet please reach out asap!

Edited by Molly.h

Guys, just was on Eventbrite looking for fun events in the city and I saw that Hunter has scheduled a couple of Pre-Orientation events:

https://www.eventbrite.com/d/ny--new-york/silberman/

Things should be moving along quickly this week because the Advanced Standing event is next week!

So happy we’re moving on to the next stage! 

7 minutes ago, Yve_ said:

Guys, just was on Eventbrite looking for fun events in the city and I saw that Hunter has scheduled a couple of Pre-Orientation events:

https://www.eventbrite.com/d/ny--new-york/silberman/

Things should be moving along quickly this week because the Advanced Standing event is next week!

So happy we’re moving on to the next stage! 

Thank you so much for posting this! 

18 hours ago, Molly.h said:

Has anyone going for the OML track heard anything back from hunter yet? I still haven't unfortunately. I reached out to admissions again and I found out that the director for OML/(in general?) likes to interview every single OML applicant. I was hoping to bypass the interview like a lot of students have this semester, but it looks like that's unlikely for the OML track.

On a good note the person will reach out to the chair for me to see why they haven't reached out to me yet. So hopefully I'll hear from them soon!

If any of you haven't heard anything yet please reach out asap!

I was accepted on 4/18 after interviewing on 4/11.  I bugged them a lot about the interview (I was originally invited on 3/1, but couldn't make it) because NYU was waiting on me to decide.  But I was told the same thing, OML director interviews everyone.  Apparently the cohort is only 25 people max, so I guess it makes sense.  I am not sure I have much to offer, except to say they are working, albeit very, very slowly.  good luck!

Also, I was just checking the Accepted Students Page on Hunter’s website:

https://sssw.hunter.cuny.edu/admissions/newly-accepted-students/

and on the Important Dates section, the times are totally different from the times on Eventbrite. When they email us, they should clear that up or one of us will  bring it to their attention.

Edited by Yve_

42 minutes ago, Yve_ said:

Also, I was just checking the Accepted Students Page on Hunter’s website:

https://sssw.hunter.cuny.edu/admissions/newly-accepted-students/

and on the Important Dates section, the times are totally different from the times on Eventbrite. When they email us, they should clear that up or one of us will  bring it to their attention.

Thanks for finding and linking that!! The times/dates look like they match eventbrite (at least for accepted students day and the pre-orientation for A-L students).

3 hours ago, Doc2016 said:

I was accepted on 4/18 after interviewing on 4/11.  I bugged them a lot about the interview (I was originally invited on 3/1, but couldn't make it) because NYU was waiting on me to decide.  But I was told the same thing, OML director interviews everyone.  Apparently the cohort is only 25 people max, so I guess it makes sense.  I am not sure I have much to offer, except to say they are working, albeit very, very slowly.  good luck!

Wait, what the hell, only 25 people?! And they haven't even reached out to me yet. I'm even more worried now. Fingers crossed though 

What was your choice? Hunter or NYU?

Edited by Molly.h

Does anyone know when registration for Fall 2019 classes will start? When I check CUNY first, I only see enrollment dates for summer classes. Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Yve_ said:

Thanks so much for linking! Are we supposed to know which classes we should sign up for? Are we expected to make appointments with our advisor(s) in advance?

UPDATE: I called the office (because 5/1 is rapidly approaching and I have 0 idea what classes we should even be signing up for) and they said 5/1 is the enrollment start for current students. For newly admitted students, our enrollment window will likely open mid-May—basically sometime after our pre-orientation. So we can just sit tight for now!

Edited by ML878

On 3/7/2019 at 11:32 AM, Yve_ said:

Hi everyone! I got my acceptance from Hunter on February 28th (SUBMITTED: 12/18, COMPLETED: 12/19) without interview; this was for the Advanced Standing track. I was very surprised at first to not get any notification for an interview and happened to see the decision from obsessively logging in to check on my app LOL! I was debating between NYU and Hunter, and my heart set on Hunter. I am very happy with my decision and already gave in my deposit. I hope everyone gets in and we see each other either this summer or fall :)

How were you notified of your acceptance?, I want to make sure I'm looking in the correct places.

19 minutes ago, Karla said:

https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/fl_ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=Hunter-G

Hunter is closed this week because of spring break so hopefully we hear something by next week. Hope this helps! 

The social work school is open because I spoke to someone two days ago through chat on Monday and they told me a decision would be made in the next 48 hours but I still haven't received a decision wondering if I'm checking the wrong places. It just says pending interview still.

Edited by Glenda

44 minutes ago, verialex13 said:

Has anyone received an email from Hunter about field placement? I see that the field placement forms are available now on the newly accepted students page. 

I haven’t received anything regarding field placement, other than the forms that are available on the website. I was planning to fill it out and submit now, though wasn’t sure if I should hold off until accepted students day or pre-orientation, in case they have more info for us then.

20 minutes ago, ML878 said:

I haven’t received anything regarding field placement, other than the forms that are available on the website. I was planning to fill it out and submit now, though wasn’t sure if I should hold off until accepted students day or pre-orientation, in case they have more info for us then.

I filled and sent it in yesterday. I’d do it as soon as possible so they have an idea for placement. All it asks is where you live and your pst experience. I doubt you’d get any relevant info during the pre-orientation. 

I’m not sure if accepted day and/or pre-orientation are mandatory. I’m just getting ready to add the classes as soon as possible ? with the faculty I want!

3 hours ago, Glenda said:

The social work school is open because I spoke to someone two days ago through chat on Monday and they told me a decision would be made in the next 48 hours but I still haven't received a decision wondering if I'm checking the wrong places. It just says pending interview still.

Oh that’s weird because I called the admissions office earlier today and they said I won’t hear anything until next week. I guess all we gotta do is wait ?

1 hour ago, Karla said:

Oh that’s weird because I called the admissions office earlier today and they said I won’t hear anything until next week. I guess all we gotta do is wait ?

I called and they said the same thing. We have to wait until next week

3 hours ago, socialjusticeSW said:

I filled and sent it in yesterday. I’d do it as soon as possible so they have an idea for placement. All it asks is where you live and your pst experience. I doubt you’d get any relevant info during the pre-orientation. 

I’m not sure if accepted day and/or pre-orientation are mandatory. I’m just getting ready to add the classes as soon as possible ? with the faculty I want!

Ooh ok, I’ll submit it asap too then. And where are you seeing the classes/list of faculty? I’d love to get an idea of what the options are (though are we all basically taking the same classes/there’s no flexibility?)

Hello all! Has anyone who applied in March receive an interview invitation yet? Or any other type of response? Please let me know! Also, does Hunter interview everyone? I am outside of the US right now and wasn't sure if an in person or Skype interview was required. Thank you!

21 hours ago, Glenda said:

How were you notified of your acceptance?, I want to make sure I'm looking in the correct places.

Hi @Glenda, sorry for the late response, but yes @Karla is right. It should be on your application submission page and there will be a link at the bottom with the decision. The next day or two Hunter does email you a notification of the decision.

5 hours ago, Shmoo said:

Hello all! Has anyone who applied in March receive an interview invitation yet? Or any other type of response? Please let me know! Also, does Hunter interview everyone? I am outside of the US right now and wasn't sure if an in person or Skype interview was required. Thank you!

You should call them and ask before they schedule you for an interview. Good luck!

23 hours ago, Glenda said:

I received an email notification that a decision had been made and logged in to see the official letter.