Hunter Silberman School Fall 2019 Admissions

ML878

52 minutes ago, Molly.h said:

I hope everything went well with your interview today! 

Thank you, and I do think it went well ( I hope). I am more worried about the writing sample, that was pretty heavy and long and not enough time to respond adequately in my opinion. I don't feel too confident on the part but aside from that it went by pretty fast and I enjoyed it.

14 hours ago, Glenda said:

Thank you, and I do think it went well ( I hope). I am more worried about the writing sample, that was pretty heavy and long and not enough time to respond adequately in my opinion. I don't feel too confident on the part but aside from that it went by pretty fast and I enjoyed it.

Hi Glenda, please would you mind describing the writing sample? 

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I wanted to share that I submitted my application for the OYR program-clinical practice on March 1st. My application was complete as of 03/27 and I was invited for an interview which is scheduled for 04/15/19. I'm so excited yet nervous at the same time. 

On 4/10/2019 at 12:19 PM, ML878 said:

I received emails on setting up my cuny email account and immunization requirements earlier this morning! Really relieved to feel like I’m moving forward with next steps, but @Yve_ makes a good point that it’s also good to take it easy while we still can! ?

Hi there. I received emails 1) deposit received and cleared; 2) immunization requirements; 3) claiming CUNY First account. On CUNY First it says that I can't set up my email until I register. Which office sent you the email about setting up a CUNY email account? I want to reach out so I can get this done too. Thanks.

NIce!. I applied for the OYR clinical track as well. I also submitted March 1st and everything was completed March 20th. 

The writing sample was about University-agency relationships and how their goals needs to be aligned and conducive to the success of future social workers. At least that it was I could grab from the article, there was more to it but it was time sensitive and a little rushed. I don't feel like my writing was strong enough or even adequately represented my writing skills and that was the whole point of the assignment. The interview itself went well, it is more conversational. She gave us scenario's and we were basically asked what we would do in that situation. Try to stand out and don't be nervous.

Good Luck!!

2 hours ago, verialex13 said:

Hi there. I received emails 1) deposit received and cleared; 2) immunization requirements; 3) claiming CUNY First account. On CUNY First it says that I can't set up my email until I register. Which office sent you the email about setting up a CUNY email account? I want to reach out so I can get this done too. Thanks.

Hey! That’s odd, I had no issues setting up my email. The subject line of the email containing cuny first instructions was: “You have been activated as a graduate student at Hunter College”. I think the office is Hunter College Graduate Admissions. The email states if you have any issues, to contact the Student Help Desk at 212-650-3624, so you might want to try that. Good luck with sorting it out!!

13 minutes ago, ML878 said:

Hey! That’s odd, I had no issues setting up my email. The subject line of the email containing cuny first instructions was: “You have been activated as a graduate student at Hunter College”. I think the office is Hunter College Graduate Admissions. The email states if you have any issues, to contact the Student Help Desk at 212-650-3624, so you might want to try that. Good luck with sorting it out!!

Ok I got the exact email. I did set up my CUNY First account with no problem. Hunter email account is totally different. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, verialex13 said:

Ok I got the exact email. I did set up my CUNY First account with no problem. Hunter email account is totally different. Thanks. 

Oh, I’m not sure I know what you mean by that— I thought our cuny first email was our Hunter email account? 

Update: turns out the cuny first account is different from the Hunter email account! I haven’t received any info to set this up—has anyone else?

Edited by ML878

Just to provide an update regarding setting up Hunter email—turns out there isn’t anything extra we need to do! Just log in to @myhunter.cuny.edu using your cuny first log in credentials. Glad that was simple enough. :) I haven’t received any emails in that inbox yet though. 

17 hours ago, ML878 said:

Just to provide an update regarding setting up Hunter email—turns out there isn’t anything extra we need to do! Just log in to @myhunter.cuny.edu using your cuny first log in credentials. Glad that was simple enough. :) I haven’t received any emails in that inbox yet though. 

Yes nice! After many tech fails my account is set up too. No emails, but at least it's there!

On 4/11/2019 at 12:36 PM, Glenda said:

NIce!. I applied for the OYR clinical track as well. I also submitted March 1st and everything was completed March 20th. 

The writing sample was about University-agency relationships and how their goals needs to be aligned and conducive to the success of future social workers. At least that it was I could grab from the article, there was more to it but it was time sensitive and a little rushed. I don't feel like my writing was strong enough or even adequately represented my writing skills and that was the whole point of the assignment. The interview itself went well, it is more conversational. She gave us scenario's and we were basically asked what we would do in that situation. Try to stand out and don't be nervous.

Good Luck!!

Thank you.. I'm actually nervous now but I have a good feeling that everything will go well today. 

On 4/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, Molly.h said:

Update! 

So I reached out to enrollment to ask for an estimate of how long it will take to hear back from them. As I mentioned above I submitted my application in January but my recommenders took a long time and my application was officially complete on 3/31. They said that they will reach out to me at the latest May or June. So for anyone who's application was completed recently like mine this is the current estimate ?

I'm really worried that by the time they get to my application they already have all their seats filled up. I'm still upset that my recommendation letters were submitted so late.

I am on the same boat!!! My application was officially completed on 3/28 and I have not heard anything yet. I just recently got accepted to the University of Buffalo for the 2 year MSW program and I have two weeks to let them know if I am going so I am stressing out. 

15 hours ago, Glenda said:

how did it go?

Tbh, I think it was okay but I feel like I could've done better. The essay was somewhat confusing (an article similar to yours). I will continue to pray for a miracle. The admission board will be reaching out to us with a final decision within the next 2 weeks. 

On 4/15/2019 at 9:04 PM, Jstandish said:

I am on the same boat!!! My application was officially completed on 3/28 and I have not heard anything yet. I just recently got accepted to the University of Buffalo for the 2 year MSW program and I have two weeks to let them know if I am going so I am stressing out. 

Man, I hope you hear back from them soon. Maybe you should give them a call and let them know your current situation. On my end I haven't hear anything from Hunter yet :(

On 4/11/2019 at 12:25 PM, verialex13 said:

When did you receive these emails? I only got the deposit received email (about 2 weeks ago), nothing else since... 

5 hours ago, Senolyn said:

Tbh, I think it was okay but I feel like I could've done better. The essay was somewhat confusing (an article similar to yours). I will continue to pray for a miracle. The admission board will be reaching out to us with a final decision within the next 2 weeks. 

Waiting is the worst part right now, they told me after 10 days you can call to check. I just need to know already. Did she say how we would be notified like via email or application status?

Edited by Glenda

38 minutes ago, Glenda said:

Waiting is the worst part right now, they told me after 10 days you can call to check. I just need to know already. Did she say how we would be notified like via email or application status?

Lol tell me about it. I've been checking my emails non-stop. She said we'll receive a notification link via email. 

22 hours ago, tpg13 said:

When did you receive these emails? I only got the deposit received email (about 2 weeks ago), nothing else since... 

Are you/ were you a CUNY student? I didn't get an e-mail about immunizations either but I think it's because I was a CUNY student and they have it in their records already.  As far as the CUNYFIRST login info goes, it took a few days for me to receive the e-mail and again, because I was a cuny student, my login info was exactly the same. I wouldn't stress it! There's really nothing that we can do until we get more information.  The Hunter e-mail login is just your cunyfirst login credentials as well.  I hope this was helpful!

Hi guys, did anyone have their interview on April 3rd and heard back yet? It’s been two weeks and I haven’t received anything ? Trying to stay positive but it’s hard when it’s silent for two weeks. 

2 hours ago, Karla said:

Hi guys, did anyone have their interview on April 3rd and heard back yet? It’s been two weeks and I haven’t received anything ? Trying to stay positive but it’s hard when it’s silent for two weeks. 

I interviewed several weeks ago and only just heard back I got in - and not even through an official letter yet, just by going on the portal when I was trying to figure out how to decline lol. Make sure you check the portal, not just your email!

On 4/17/2019 at 12:29 PM, tpg13 said:

I received the deposit received email on April 4th, immunization and CUNY First emails on April 9th

18 hours ago, MSWFall2019 said:

I interviewed several weeks ago and only just heard back I got in - and not even through an official letter yet, just by going on the portal when I was trying to figure out how to decline lol. Make sure you check the portal, not just your email!

Are you referring to your application status where you applied? Mine just says submitted.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:45 PM, MSWFall2019 said:

Yes I just checked and now it says pending interview so I should be hearing back soon. Thank you!