2019 Canadian MPPA/MPP/MPA Hopefuls

1 hour ago, saint77 said:

Do you mind me asking what time they notified you? 

The department emailed me around 2-3pm this past Tuesday saying I had been recommended for admission to the program. I then got the official acceptance email around 2-3pm today!

On 2/23/2019 at 3:30 AM, CoconutAvocado said:

I believe it means they're now reviewing your application. I got the exact email message in January (mid-January) and I am still waiting for some news/admission message, good or bad. From what I know the email message about reviewing your application means just that: they're now reviewing the application/components of the application, calculating your GPA, and I'm not sure what else. As for the GPA calculation, they calculate the average of the last 20 courses on your transcript to see if it meets the program's required GPA. If a course is repeated they'll use the higher grade instead. The information about how they calculate GPA for grad studies is on Ryerson's website. I read about it sometime in December and needed to know myself, considering I had done another undergrad degree. 

From what I know they've begun sending admission offers this week via email, it's on a rolling basis and will continue next week. If you just got the email message a few days ago about your application being sent to the admissions committee for review, it would probably take a few weeks before you hear any sort of news, tho. Since I got that message in mid-January, I've been checking my email non-stop this week but yet to receive any news at all, good or bad. I guess I'll know next week. ☺️ ?

CoconutAvocado, have you heard anything from Ryerson yet? I'm still waiting for a response!

1 hour ago, bloomeighty said:

CoconutAvocado, have you heard anything from Ryerson yet? I'm still waiting for a response!

I'm still waiting too! I know they're usually a bit later with their acceptances 

5 hours ago, bloomeighty said:

Congrats! Did you get any funding?

All the best.

None offered. In the email, though it said that the department will be reviewing application for entrance scholarships and those successful would be notified at a later date. Crossing my fingers!

Hey all!

Just received an email from Petra, the administration lady for Munk's MPP program. Said we can expect to hear back Monday/Tuesday of next week. I'm freaking out here!! Anyone wanna give me some sort of idea on my chances?

GPA: 81.5% --> on UofT's GPA scale it translates into a 3.54 -_-. President and Co-Founder of a Club at the University of Toronto, Campaign Canvasser for a Political Party, 4 LOR's (2 from professors, 1 from Library research head, 1 from Campaign Manager), and in my opinion, a very well written personal statement. 

Any ideas?? 

Best of luck to all the Munk MPP hopefuls out there! We got this guys :)

10 hours ago, StefonDiggs14 said:

Hey all!

Just received an email from Petra, the administration lady for Munk's MPP program. Said we can expect to hear back Monday/Tuesday of next week. I'm freaking out here!! Anyone wanna give me some sort of idea on my chances?

GPA: 81.5% --> on UofT's GPA scale it translates into a 3.54 -_-. President and Co-Founder of a Club at the University of Toronto, Campaign Canvasser for a Political Party, 4 LOR's (2 from professors, 1 from Library research head, 1 from Campaign Manager), and in my opinion, a very well written personal statement. 

Any ideas?? 

When stating your UofT GPA are you referencing your cumulative or final year. I believe they place the most emphasis on the last 10 (30 units) level 3&4 courses. 
I can't comment on Munk's MPP program but for Munk's MGA I was told by admin that the previously accepted cohort stood at a 3.8 final year GPA and 3.5 cumulative. 
Did Petra mean this coming March 4th & 5th or March 11th & 12th? 

Edited by saint77

2 hours ago, saint77 said:

When stating your UofT GPA are you referencing your cumulative or final year. I believe they place the most emphasis on the last 10 (30 units) level 3&4 courses. 
I can't comment on Munk's MPP program but for Munk's MGA I was told by admin that the previously accepted cohort stood at a 3.8 final year GPA and 3.5 cumulative. 
Did Petra mean this coming March 4th & 5th or March 11th & 12th? 

Referring to my final years courses. I'm just conflicted because I have an 81 average, so I am an A- student, but yet I am not sure if I will be viewed as one.

This coming 4th and 5th I believe. 

On 3/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, bloomeighty said:

Nope! I'm still waiting to hear from Ryerson. It's now 2 and a half months since I applied and still no admission response. Last week I heard they started emailing pple on a rolling basis and I thought I would get an admission response of either outcome then but I didn't. I turned my hope to this week and checked my email several times a day and still nothing! I thought Ryerson's early consideration deadline in December meant they sort out admission offers/rejections early, at least within two months but that's not the case.

Edited by CoconutAvocado

19 hours ago, figureitout19 said:

Still no word from McGill....not sure what to make of that.

Anyone who heard back, did it come via email or the postal service? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect. 

I heard back by e-mail. I hope you hear back soon.

15 hours ago, StefonDiggs14 said:

Hey all!

Any ideas?? 

Do you know if they meant this coming Monday/Tuesday (4th and 5th) or next week?

15 hours ago, StefonDiggs14 said:

Hey all!

Any ideas?? 

They're going to email all applicants on these two days? :/. My status is still saying "Under Review". Has yours changed to "Decision Made?".

Hi guys,

I applied to 4 programs: Munk MGA & MPP (Comparative Specialization in East and Southeast Asian Studies); McGill’s new MPP, and UBC’s MPPGA.

I was accepted to McGill’s MPP on Thursday with $8K of funding. The $4K deposit is quite unusual, right? Does anyone know if that is standard across professional programs? 

I just checked Acorn and it says that I have been “Invited” to the Munk MPP program. I checked yesterday and it wasn’t there so I assume the decision was made today. However, I haven’t received an email. Has anyone heard back via email yet? 

Edited by DiplomatiCaro
Fixed a typo

14 minutes ago, DiplomatiCaro said:

Hi guys,

I applied to 4 programs: Munk MGA & MPP (Comparative Specialization in East and Southeast Asian Studies); McGill’s new MPP, and UBC’s MPPGA.

I was accepted to McGill’s MPP on Thursday with $8K of funding. The $4K deposit is quite unusual, right? Does anyone know if that is standard across professional programs? 

I just checked Acorn and it says that I have been “Invited” to the Munk MPP program. I checked yesterday and it wasn’t there so I assume the decision was made today. However, I haven’t received an email. Has anyone heard back via email yet? 

where are you able to see that on Acorn?

43 minutes ago, DiplomatiCaro said:

Hi guys,

Does it still say “under review” on your SGS login page for UofT? 

On 3/2/2019 at 10:52 AM, CoconutAvocado said:

Nope! I'm still waiting to hear from Ryerson. It's now 2 and a half months since I applied and still no admission response. Last week I heard they started emailing pple on a rolling basis and I thought I would get an admission response of either outcome then but I didn't. I turned my hope to this week and checked my email several times a day and still nothing! I thought Ryerson's early consideration deadline in December meant they sort out admission offers/rejections early, at least within two months but that's not the case.

Same! I applied before the deadline in December so I thought I would get something by now. Maybe they're just delayed. I'll let you know if I get an email