2019 Canadian MPPA/MPP/MPA Hopefuls

On 3/9/2019 at 12:58 AM, mppa said:

Congrats!! I’m still waiting to hear back, it’s my first choice 

Good luck!! I think they are slower with their admissions process. Ryerson was actually the only Canadian school I applied to because it’s the cheapest! The tuition price is very reasonable, and if you live in the city already, you don’t have to pay for living fees.

Hi fellow hopefuls! Glad to access a forum for this.

Has anyone applied for Johnson Shoyama Graduate School's MPA Program? (University of Regina & Saskatchewan) 

I applied early last month for Fall 2019, but the application deadline is still on May so the waiting is incredibly tedious ☺️

I heard back from Munk and Queens at the end of February. Still waiting on Ryerson (my top choice). I know a few people who were accepted to Ryerson last week...does anyone know how their rolling out system works? Their website says the average cohort size is 35-40 students. Feeling really anxious :( fingers crossed!

Edited by student1209

On 2/26/2019 at 10:33 AM, Steven44 said:

I applied to USask's MPA, Waterloo MPS, and Ryerson MPPA. Got an offer from USask with 5k funding a few weeks back, waiting to hear from Waterloo and Ryerson! 

Hi @Steven44, when did you complete your application to USask, and how did they send the offer? Congratulations! ☺️

On 3/13/2019 at 12:47 PM, student_2019 said:

Is anyone still waiting on U of T, and hear anything about when they do more rounds of offers?

I’m still waiting. The bulk of of offers is at the beginning of March and it keeps going until they have a full class size. 

On 3/14/2019 at 5:59 AM, unjustfixation said:

Hi @Steven44, when did you complete your application to USask, and how did they send the offer? Congratulations! ☺️

Hey @unjustfixation  I finished my application just a few days before the deadline for funding (Jan. 15th I believe). And thanks! I've rejected in favour in Waterloo, so hopefully that opens a spot to someone deserving! And best of luck to you !!

long time lurker, first time poster.

Accepted at Queen's and Munk, and just found out I was waitlisted at McGill's Max Bell School. I was waiting to hear from them to hear what their offer was, since Queen's offered $5k in funding and Munk $3k, both entrance scholarships.

Anyone else hear from McGill and get admitted there? Very curious how that program will shake out.

22 hours ago, torontonian2019 said:

I was accepted into Munk MPP and Ryerson MPPA and just accepted Ryerson :)

good luck to those who are still waiting just know that theyre going to do more rounds in april and likely past april too! 

Congrats. When did you receive your acceptance from Ryerson?

5 hours ago, Marmalade said:

long time lurker, first time poster.

Accepted at Queen's and Munk, and just found out I was waitlisted at McGill's Max Bell School. I was waiting to hear from them to hear what their offer was, since Queen's offered $5k in funding and Munk $3k, both entrance scholarships.

Anyone else hear from McGill and get admitted there? Very curious how that program will shake out.

Did you get an email for McGill?