LA/OC County Cal States (CSU's): CSUF, CSULA, CSULB, CSUN

17 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

Does anyone know if CSULB does interviews? They announced decisions 3/6 last year, but I haven't heard anything from them.

Same question! Waiting to hear back. 

Looks like Chapman may be wrapping up interviews this week too. 

25 minutes ago, Rosegrl211 said:

Same question! Waiting to hear back. 

Looks like Chapman may be wrapping up interviews this week too. 

I never ended up hearing from Chapman. They weren't my top pick, so I'm not devastated, but definitely wondering what I botched in my SOP and hoping I didn't do the same for any other school! My stats seemed fine based on EdFind, so I can only imagine it was the SOP. Could be I was lacking the type of experience they're looking for, too. 

Edited by Rezzy S.

13 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Does anyone know if CSULB does interviews? They announced decisions 3/6 last year, but I haven't heard anything from them.

Hi! I'm a 2nd semester grad student at CSULB and they are going to be sending out interview emails this Friday afternoon. Interview is set to be March 23rd. There was an administrative delay this year, according to a professor. 

15 minutes ago, joannly said:

Hi! I'm a 2nd semester grad student at CSULB and they are going to be sending out interview emails this Friday afternoon. Interview is set to be March 23rd. There was an administrative delay this year, according to a professor. 

Thank you! Do you know if both interview offers and rejections will all go out Friday afternoon? Any advice you can offer on the interviews (will it be a group interview on the 23rd, or individuals all set on the same day?). How do you like the program? 

16 minutes ago, joannly said:

Thank you so much! :) I know my on time application was just released to the department two days ago so an administrative delay makes sense. 

How do you like the program? Is it about 50% CSULB undergrads?

On 2/19/2019 at 1:39 AM, kellslo said:

I have been accepted to CSULB, Interview for CSUN and rejected from CSULA. Luckily, CSULA was my last choice. 

I turned my applications in before Thanksgiving. There's plenty of time for you to get accepted still! 

Hi! I did my undergrad at CSUN. Did you apply to the residential program or the online distance program? I have yet to hear from any of my schools yet. Also for Long Beach did you find out in an email or on the applicant services portal? Thank you for any information. Good Luck!

1 hour ago, Rezzy S. said:

Thank you so much! :) I know my on time application was just released to the department two days ago so an administrative delay makes sense. 

How do you like the program? Is it about 50% CSULB undergrads?

The program is well-balanced; I would say it's roughly half and half CSULB undergrads and half from other schools. The program is challenging at times, but definitely will prepare you well!

1 hour ago, Rosegrl211 said:

Thank you! Do you know if both interview offers and rejections will all go out Friday afternoon? Any advice you can offer on the interviews (will it be a group interview on the 23rd, or individuals all set on the same day?). How do you like the program? 

I was told interview offers will go out Friday afternoon, no word about rejections. From what I remember last year though, they don't send out rejections until everything is all done and all have been accepted. They do group interviews! I would say just be relaxed and sociable. They're looking for people who are collaborative and personable along with good stats. 

Edited by joannly
Unaddressed question!

39 minutes ago, joannly said:

The program is well-balanced; I would say it's roughly half and half CSULB undergrads and half from other schools. The program is challenging at times, but definitely will prepare you well!

I was told interview offers will go out Friday afternoon, no word about rejections. From what I remember last year though, they don't send out rejections until everything is all done and all have been accepted. They do group interviews! I would say just be relaxed and sociable. They're looking for people who are collaborative and personable along with good stats. 

Thank you!!

I saw someone was invited to CSUF’s open house on the results page. Anyone know if all of the invitations have been sent out for that or how many people were invited?

13 hours ago, Rosegrl211 said:

I haven’t heard anything

Seeing more posts now on the results page. Anyone have more info? 

Edited by Rezzy S.

53 minutes ago, Rosegrl211 said:

Just saw a Long Beach invite to interview show up on the results page. 

I never got invited for LB or Fullerton. I knew those two were a longshot but had to try. 

I saw some Long Beach interview invites on the results page too. I still haven't received anything from Long Beach and I tried to do the Applicant Self Service today and for some reason I haven't received the status reports I sent myself. It has worked many other times before but not today. Weird. I hope we all hear something soon. 

2 hours ago, Ali_Irene13 said:

I saw some Long Beach interview invites on the results page too. I still haven't received anything from Long Beach and I tried to do the Applicant Self Service today and for some reason I haven't received the status reports I sent myself. It has worked many other times before but not today. Weird. I hope we all hear something soon. 

I tried the exact same thing and it didn’t send. Ahhh I’m praying for us... hoping they are not finished sending out invites...

6 minutes ago, Jspeechy said:

I tried the exact same thing and it didn’t send. Ahhh I’m praying for us... hoping they are not finished sending out invites...

Same for me. I think this might mean we've been removed from the system ?. Still hoping for CSUN and CSULA ?. Where else did you apply @Jspeechy?

For those who received invites to CSUF and CSULB that haven't previously attended there, what were your stats like? Were there any experiences that you think made you stand out? (Could be helpful to future applicants who comb these pages like we did!). Thanks!

8 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Same for me. I think this might mean we've been removed from the system ?. Still hoping for CSUN and CSULA ?. Where else did you apply @Jspeechy?

For those who received invites to CSUF and CSULB that haven't previously attended there, what were your stats like? Were there any experiences that you think made you stand out? (Could be helpful to future applicants who comb these pages like we did!). Thanks!

Yes... I do not have a good feeling about it. Pretty disappointing since LB was my top choice. I applied to CSUN, CSULA, Chapman, and Redlands. Were you at the CSULA interview yesterday? How did you think it went? This whole process is so stressful! Really hoping for the best!

Just now, Jspeechy said:

Yes... I do not have a good feeling about it. Pretty disappointing since LB was my top choice. I applied to CSUN, CSULA, Chapman, and Redlands. Were you at the CSULA interview yesterday? How did you think it went? This whole process is so stressful! Really hoping for the best!

I was! It wasn’t my best interview but I didn’t bomb it. Hope that’s enough. How did you feel? Sorry to hear CSULB was your top choice. You never know, they might still send out more invites!

2 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

I was! It wasn’t my best interview but I didn’t bomb it. Hope that’s enough. How did you feel? Sorry to hear CSULB was your top choice. You never know, they might still send out more invites!

I feel the same. My interviewers were soo nice and so it felt comfortable and easy to build rapport; however, I’m not sure if I fully answered some of the questions that were asked. Yes! Fingers crossed they do, but really I would be ecstatic to get in anywhere. Where else did you apply? 

Good luck to everyone who interviewed at CSULA yesterday! I’m just waiting to hear from Chapman post interview, I’m in the “no email” camp from CSULB and CSUF crowd so just waiting for an answer there. 

How is everyone’s interview seasons going? I’ve got an acceptance ag CSUSM, where I did my post-Bac, so no matter what happens with the rest, I’m so excited to be going to grad school in the fall :)

40 minutes ago, Rosegrl211 said:

Good luck to everyone who interviewed at CSULA yesterday! I’m just waiting to hear from Chapman post interview, I’m in the “no email” camp from CSULB and CSUF crowd so just waiting for an answer there. 

How is everyone’s interview seasons going? I’ve got an acceptance ag CSUSM, where I did my post-Bac, so no matter what happens with the rest, I’m so excited to be going to grad school in the fall :)

Congrats on CSUSM! I know that first acceptance is magical, like okay, this is happening! I got into UT Austin yesterday and almost cried. I’m still hoping for some CA options though.