LA/OC County Cal States (CSU's): CSUF, CSULA, CSULB, CSUN

7 minutes ago, Ali_Irene13 said:

I finally received a status report from Long Beach so that makes me hopeful. It still says my application is being reviewed though. 

I just received this too. As far as I know interviews are being held on March 23rd. I don’t know if they are waiting until they have everyone’s confirmed acceptances until they send out rejections or what’s going on.

7 minutes ago, Jspeechy said:

I just received this too. As far as I know interviews are being held on March 23rd. I don’t know if they are waiting until they have everyone’s confirmed acceptances until they send out rejections or what’s going on.

Got one also. I wish they would just send out rejections already.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:49 PM, Rosegrl211 said:

I haven’t heard anything

I saw some more CSUF open house invitations went out today. I wonder if that's the last of it.

49 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

I saw some more CSUF open house invitations went out today. I wonder if that's the last of it.

I received one of the Fullerton emails today :) still waiting for something, anything, on Long Beach. Maybe some delay related to the transcript issues we both had with them?

1 hour ago, Rosegrl211 said:

I received one of the Fullerton emails today :) still waiting for something, anything, on Long Beach. Maybe some delay related to the transcript issues we both had with them?

Congrats ?? I'm glad someone on here got good news! Can I ask what time you got the email? 

12 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Congrats ?? I'm glad someone on here got good news! Can I ask what time you got the email? 

Thanks!! 

I got it at 4:38pm. 

Hows your acceptance season going? I’m still waiting for baited breath for Chapman since they are so close to me (hopefully with some funding!) but I’ve got CSUSM where I did my post-bac for sure :)

I got an e-mail too! I’m very excited. I too had lost hope since invitations went out last week. I think some people might have declined attending it so it opened up spots. Wish everyone the best. The waiting game is soon coming to an end. Just two more weeks and most programs will have sent decisions.

6 hours ago, Rosegrl211 said:

Thanks!! 

I got it at 4:38pm. 

Hows your acceptance season going? I’m still waiting for baited breath for Chapman since they are so close to me (hopefully with some funding!) but I’ve got CSUSM where I did my post-bac for sure :)

I've been accepted at a private CA school and an out of state school, but hoping for a CSU option. I hope Chapman works out for you!

I received a separate email from CSU Fullerton last night, after RSVPing for the interview/open house, telling me to bring an informal transcript and syllabi for all 12 of my course equivalencies. 

I went through CSUSM’s post-Bac, do I believe I only have 9 of the 12 equivalencies done. I have no plans to take the remaining 3 before the fall, as it is too late to do so. 

Does anyone know how CSUF deals with candidates who don’t have all 12? Is it an immediate bar to admission? (Seriously, they already have my transcripts and I didn’t list courses in progress, so I’m confused how they didn’t know this when an invite was extended?) 

Or will they accept the candidate anyways and have them complete the pre reqs through the undergrad classes available? 

TIA!

On 3/8/2019 at 10:56 PM, Jspeechy said:

I tried the exact same thing and it didn’t send. Ahhh I’m praying for us... hoping they are not finished sending out invites...

For CSULB, there is only one interview on March 23rd. There are different time assignments for that day, but invitations have all been sent out. If you have not received an interview email, then that's likely the end of it.

11 hours ago, Rosegrl211 said:

I received a separate email from CSU Fullerton last night, after RSVPing for the interview/open house, telling me to bring an informal transcript and syllabi for all 12 of my course equivalencies. 

I went through CSUSM’s post-Bac, do I believe I only have 9 of the 12 equivalencies done. I have no plans to take the remaining 3 before the fall, as it is too late to do so. 

Does anyone know how CSUF deals with candidates who don’t have all 12? Is it an immediate bar to admission? (Seriously, they already have my transcripts and I didn’t list courses in progress, so I’m confused how they didn’t know this when an invite was extended?) 

Or will they accept the candidate anyways and have them complete the pre reqs through the undergrad classes available? 

TIA!

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I too have 9 of the 12. I've heard that they just make you take the classes once you start the program.

7 hours ago, futureslp2311 said:

Hi everyone! I was invited to an open house for speech pathology last week and was wondering how their process went since they don't require an interview to get accepted. What's the open house like? Any tips? 

Which school? 

40 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

Hoping we get some CSUN news this week! ?? Has anyone heard anything?

I spoke with a Student from CSUN and they said there was some sort of delay this year and decisions may not go out until early April. There is no interview for CSUN right? 

39 minutes ago, Jspeechy said:

I spoke with a Student from CSUN and they said there was some sort of delay this year and decisions may not go out until early April. There is no interview for CSUN right? 

Right, no interviews. What a bummer. I was really counting on this being the week. ? Thanks for the update though!

10 hours ago, Jspeechy said:

I was hoping to hear back this week! I’m also waiting to hear back from CSUF and CSULA. Nervous. Also hopeful to hear from Chapman. This is stressful! 

Already rejected from SDSU, Loma Linda and CSULB :( 

Just now, DjSLP2B said:

I was hoping to hear back this week! I’m also waiting to hear back from CSUF and CSULA. Nervous. Also hopeful to hear from Chapman. This is stressful! 

Already rejected from SDSU, Loma Linda and CSULB :( 

Agreed! ? How did CSULB contact you? I’ve been on the lookout for a rejection from them.

2 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Agreed! ? How did CSULB contact you? I’ve been on the lookout for a rejection from them.

They didn’t. I just assumed since interviews were this past Saturday :(