NYU Steinhardt

NYU freakout begins ... now! Saw that someone posted to the results that they were accepted (congrats!!!). Was this the online or in-person program? Let me know if anyone else hears anything soon! Last year people began to find out on the 28th, so my anxiety is hitting a week early, lol .

Edited by lilyslp
forgot to add something

1 minute ago, lilyslp said:

Starting to think it’s not going to come out today. Ugh! 

Yes same! I think in years past it was in the morning. 

Maybe tomorrow! Keep checking my email lol. But when i did call them earlier this week she said mid to late march... but i hope they just say that

Just chiming in to say I got accepted last year to NYU Steinhardt for SLP and found out on 3/1 at 7am pacific time via email! Good luck!! I ended up turning it down b/c I couldn't afford it and am reapplying to local schools. The program seems amazing though :)

On 3/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, cef26 said:

why are they doing this to us!!! :(

Revisiting this because I have an unhealthy obsession with checking to see if anyone has posted about it yet. I should never have been so dead-set on the Feb 28 date, omg! Crossing my fingers that we'll know sometime this week. 

Jumping on this thread because this is the most recent I have found for the NYU online program. So many congrats to those of you who already found out you were accepted!!? I am currently applying for the fall cohort and am starting to freak out about the GRE. Can anyone who has been accepted that doesn’t mind sharing their scores let me know what your GRE/ GPAs are? TIA, just can’t find any recent info on it?

On 3/4/2019 at 8:02 PM, SLPftw said:

Jumping on this thread because this is the most recent I have found for the NYU online program. So many congrats to those of you who already found out you were accepted!!? I am currently applying for the fall cohort and am starting to freak out about the GRE. Can anyone who has been accepted that doesn’t mind sharing their scores let me know what your GRE/ GPAs are? TIA, just can’t find any recent info on it?

Just got accepted to NYU's on-campus program for Fall 2019 on 3/6 at 7:00AM PST via email! Congrats to those who also got accepted! :D I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools (that are a lot cheaper lol) but I'm definitely excited!

Here're my stats:

GPA: 3.3 (this is what I was worried about the most)
GRE: Verbal 156, Quantitative 161, Writing 4.5

Here're some stats that are written on NYU's website:
https://steinhardt.nyu.edu/csd/masters/ms_prospective_students

Data on accepted applicants: Below is information about the interquartile range for GRE-verbal, GRE-quantitative, and GRE-writing. The interquartile range is the middle 50% of scores. This means that 25% of the accepted students are below this range and 25% are above this range. In evaluating applications, we examine the whole application, including letters of recommendation and statements of purpose.

GRE-verbal: 152–160
GRE-quantitative: 150–156
GRE-writing: 4.0–5.0

4 hours ago, @speechie said:

Congrats! Does anyone know what the typical cohort size is for the on-campus program? The ASHA site has figures, but they appear to be combined for both the on-campus and online programs. 

I'm not sure how big each cohort typically is, but during an online info session (for the on-campus program) the presenter said they receive 500-600 applications and accept around 50 students.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:02 PM, SLPftw said:

Mine are horrible & I got accepted lol

Q 135 V 146 W 4.0