Has anyone heard when UT Austin might announce decisions? During the past couple years they've announced between 3/7 and 3/10. Their website says "admissions decisions are typically announced the second week of March prior to UT Austin closing for Spring Break," but this year their Spring break is the third week. So, I'm not sure if the results will be announced during the second week still, or possibly later.

Is this anyone's top pick? Anyone go here for their undergrad?

23 minutes ago, Aspire_to_Be said:

One of my top choices! Still waiting myself; I am hoping to hear back soon but really scared!

Are you an in state applicant? I'm out of state.

15 minutes ago, peachie_speechie10 said:

I'm an undergrad at UT and they're sending out decisions either late this week or next week!

Thank you so much! Can I ask your opinion about the program there? 

17 hours ago, Slpstudent2468 said:

Would you mind messaging me your opinion about the program there, as well?  And thank you for the heads up on the likely dates!  We are all going crazy! ?

Is SLP program at University of North Texas good?

What GPA &GRE do you need to get accepted if you are from Texas? 

Has any of you been accepted to UNT yet in this application cycle?

Is there a separate thread for UNT ? I can't find it.

Edited by SLT

59 minutes ago, SLT said:

Is SLP program at University of North Texas good?

What GPA &GRE do you need to get accepted if you are from Texas? 

Has any of you been accepted to UNT yet in this application cycle?

Is there a separate thread for UNT ? I can't find it.

I’d reccommend searching for the school on ASHA edFind which should show average stats. I didn’t apply there. Not sure if there is already a thread for UNT, but if you want the best chance of getting answers to all of your questions, you might want to start a new topic on the speech-language pathology forum. There may be UNT applicants who didn’t apply to UT Austin and wouldn’t see your post here. Good luck to you!

UPDATE: here is a UNT topic.

Edited by Rezzy S.

Congrats Rezzy S!!!!! I am really happy but also a touch sad because I have an in state tuition option and don't think it'll make sense to go pay about double at UT Austin. Which is hard to accept because I would love to go there so much!

I didn't get an email but just checked MyStatus and saw I was rejected.  Disappointed but not entirely surprised, I had a lot of applications due that day (and it was finals) so it wasn't my best work :( .  Congrats everyone who got in!

2 hours ago, marieslp said:

Congrats Rezzy S!!!!! I am really happy but also a touch sad because I have an in state tuition option and don't think it'll make sense to go pay about double at UT Austin. Which is hard to accept because I would love to go there so much!

Congrats to you too! It is my only option so far. haha. If I hear from an in state public school I’ll have a hard decision to make.

1 hour ago, Ari127 said:

I didn't get an email but just checked MyStatus and saw I was rejected.  Disappointed but not entirely surprised, I had a lot of applications due that day (and it was finals) so it wasn't my best work :( .  Congrats everyone who got in!

I’m sorry ?. I haven’t gotten interviews for a couple schools that were high on my list so I know it really stinks. I think its lame they don’t at least email you. Are you still waiting to hear from other schools ? 

Hi SLP buddies ?

I just got accepted at University of Texas - Austin today and I am over the moon about it... it's my top choice! I absolutely love stuttering and am really hoping to work with Dr. Byrd in the stuttering institute. 

I am thinking that I will most likely accept and can't wait to find out what other awesome people will be in the cohort. I am from out of state and hardly know a soul in Austin, so I'm hoping for a super fun, encouraging cohort full of new friends. 

Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted!

2 hours ago, Type6SLP said:

Hi SLP buddies ?

I just got accepted at University of Texas - Austin today and I am over the moon about it... it's my top choice! I absolutely love stuttering and am really hoping to work with Dr. Byrd in the stuttering institute. 

I am thinking that I will most likely accept and can't wait to find out what other awesome people will be in the cohort. I am from out of state and hardly know a soul in Austin, so I'm hoping for a super fun, encouraging cohort full of new friends. 

Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted!

Congrats! I’m out of state as well. Which state or region are you from? I haven’t made a decision yet as I have a lot more schools to hear from. 

29 minutes ago, Slpstudent2468 said:

I got an acceptance from UT Austin, too!  I am waiting on one other school before I try to sort through my decision, but I am so incredibly relieved that I made it into a program!!

Congrarulations! Are you in state?

8 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Congrats! I’m out of state as well. Which state or region are you from? I haven’t made a decision yet as I have a lot more schools to hear from. 

I'm originally from Minnesota, but did my undergrad at Iowa. I'm sad to be leaving our incredible program, but personally I just need a change in scenery and to get away from the cold winters ?

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Aspire_to_Be said:

I’ll be visiting campus soon so I can post about it once it’s done!

That would be amazing! I'm from out of state too and don't know if I can swing the plane trip to visit the campus before making a decision. I know most people visit their school before they make their decision, but I've had friends visit UT Austin, and they absolutely loved the school... I might just decide to go without visiting even though that's a little scary to me