SLP Programs w/Medical and/or Voice Focus

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of trying to decide which schools I'll be applying to in the fall. I'm trying to find a list of programs that have less of an educational focus and more of a medical focus, e.g. lots of partnerships with local hospitals. I'm also interested in voice as a specialty, and the only school I could find with a voice specialty track is Vanderbilt, which is a pretty big reach for me. :( Does anyone know of any programs with either abundant medical opportunities or some sort of voice/resonance focus? Opportunities to work with singers and speakers would be ideal. Thank you so much for any and all suggestions!

Case Western would be a great option for you! While their program is not specified as "Medl SLP" they don't do school internships and their curriculum does not meet the criteria for the teachers certificate. They are closely affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic (campus is pretty much completely surrounded by the CC) and most of their graduates ended up there or at U-Pitt for their CF!  They don't offer any specially tracks but during my tour I did see a voice lab so their is definitely research being done in that area!

Best of luck! 

My friend saw this and sent it to me immediately. I am currently deciding where to grad school (you can see my choices in my signature), but I was a Voice Performance - Opera undergrad (soprano) from Westminster Choir College, and I’m now finishing up a second degree/post bacc in SLP. My dream is to also work with singer (obviously with my background) so I have A TON of information to give you. 

Feel free to send me a private message. I can give you my number and we can talk about all the options if you’re serious about medical and voice.