MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

32 minutes ago, MPH_Hopeful_2020 said:

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any idea how USask's program is. I received acceptance to the online stream this morning, and I'm currently trying to decide between UofA and USask (also still waiting for UVic and SFU). 

Hi! Congratulations! Did you receive your offer through email or just by checking the portal??

Just now, xttr said:

Hi! Congratulations! Did you receive your offer through email or just by checking the portal??

Thank you!

I received an email asking me to clarify if I was applying for online or in-person, and received an acceptance email within the hour. My status  still has not changed on the portal. 

Just now, MPH_Hopeful_2020 said:

Thank you!

I received an email asking me to clarify if I was applying for online or in-person, and received an acceptance email within the hour. My status  still has not changed on the portal. 

Sweet, thank you for the information! 

Hey everyone! 
congratulations to everyone that got into their programs!!! 

I have a question to anyone accepted into U of A Health Promotion regarding class schedules for Fall/Winter! Let me know if you are open to chatting about the courses! Thank you ?

good luck to everyone still waiting on acceptances! 
Still waiting on SFU! 

Hi everyone, I received my acceptance to Guelph this afternoon. I'm soo ecstatic because I really didn't think I would get in since my GPA isnt the best.. here is my profile in hopes it will give someone on here and future applicants some hope :)

Graduated BSc. Biological Anthropology; GPA in last 2 years : 3.46 and no stats courses

- I volunteered at a children's hospital emergency room for 2.5 years just to answer questions from people in the waiting room and provide some activities to the kids while they waited, so not really PH related.

- was a research assistant in paleontology lab for 6 months

- was research assistant at the children's hospital in the day surgery unit for 7 months

- infection prevention and control education volunteer at the children's hospital for a few months 

- executive in a school club and student council for 2 years as well as a peer helper for a year. 

- I've been working as a Youth Worker for a little over a year since graduating in 2018 so most of my PH related experience is from this role, I also work at a retirement home but only as a Food Service Assistant and I managed to relate that to a nutrition and diet type of experience. 

- my LOI were from 2 anthro profs, one who wanted me to write the letter and then she proof read it. It was a really good way of overselling myself and im so grateful she was too lazy to write the letter herself lol. So if you ever get the chance to write your own reference letter, don't be scared to oversell and make yourself look really good.

A really good tip for applying to Guelph is to read the FAQ section as there are some added tips on there as to what you can include in your LOI to make it stronger. I really believe that's part of the reason I got accepted. 

I'm still waiting to hear from UofA and Western.

If you have any more questions, just ask :) Best of luck to everyone and congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

Edited by Anxiouscat

2 hours ago, Anxiouscat said:

Hi everyone, I received my acceptance to Guelph this afternoon. I'm soo ecstatic because I really didn't think I would get in since my GPA isnt the best.. here is my profile in hopes it will give someone on here and future applicants some hope :)

Graduated BSc. Biological Anthropology; GPA in last 2 years : 3.46 and no stats courses

- I volunteered at a children's hospital emergency room for 2.5 years just to answer questions from people in the waiting room and provide some activities to the kids while they waited, so not really PH related.

- was a research assistant in paleontology lab for 6 months

- was research assistant at the children's hospital in the day surgery unit for 7 months

- infection prevention and control education volunteer at the children's hospital for a few months 

- executive in a school club and student council for 2 years as well as a peer helper for a year. 

- I've been working as a Youth Worker for a little over a year since graduating in 2018 so most of my PH related experience is from this role, I also work at a retirement home but only as a Food Service Assistant and I managed to relate that to a nutrition and diet type of experience. 

- my LOI were from 2 anthro profs, one who wanted me to write the letter and then she proof read it. It was a really good way of overselling myself and im so grateful she was too lazy to write the letter herself lol. So if you ever get the chance to write your own reference letter, don't be scared to oversell and make yourself look really good.

A really good tip for applying to Guelph is to read the FAQ section as there are some added tips on there as to what you can include in your LOI to make it stronger. I really believe that's part of the reason I got accepted. 

I'm still waiting to hear from UofA and Western.

If you have any more questions, just ask :) Best of luck to everyone and congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

Congratulations on your acceptance. Did you receive an email? Or did you happen to check the webadvisor?

I've been waiting for a response from Guelph. They've started sending out acceptances, from what I hear. Guess I'm not getting in this year.

Hey everyone! I know most of us are preoccupied by admission decisions as well as this global health crisis. Though this is a very tough time for us, I know we are all very passionate about public/global health, and as such, I wanted to share this story. It certainly touched me.

There is a family living in Jamaica who will be homeless by next week and needs food/medicine/supplies. The primary caregiver continues to battle with an aggressive breast cancer and needs any help. Can you imagine being homeless at this time? I definitely can't. Please donate whatever little you can as every little does add up. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/breast-cancer-fighter-in-need?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

I truly wish all of you the very best during this time. We will get through it together. ❤

1 hour ago, westernmsc2020 said:

Hey,

Sorry for hijacking this forum but I couldn't find one for msc. Is anyone going to western for epi this year? Congrats to everyone who got in.

Have you heard from them?

11 hours ago, ph2020 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance. Did you receive an email? Or did you happen to check the webadvisor?

I've been waiting for a response from Guelph. They've started sending out acceptances, from what I hear. Guess I'm not getting in this year.

Thanks! I received an email in both my gmail I provided them and the school email they made me. 

Hi all! Congrats to everyone who got accepted into their programs!! :)

Would anyone have any idea on Waterloo's and Lakehead's MPH program as well as Queen's Master's in Health Quality? I got accepted into Waterloo & Queen's this week (still waiting on Lakehead). I would love to hear anyone's personal take on these three! :) 

26 minutes ago, mphapplicanthaa said:

I have not! I am waiting on that and SFU - obsessively checking this forum to see if anyone is being updated.

Ugh, glad to know I am not the only one in this boat. I am dying to hear back from U of T.

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who have been accepted so far! I've been lurking since July so thought I would post as well :) I got accepted to the MPH program at Lakehead University yesterday (we have until April 15 to accept) and I am still waiting for Guelph, Western and UofT.

18 minutes ago, MPH2020Canada said:

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who have been accepted so far! I've been lurking since July so thought I would post as well :) I got accepted to the MPH program at Lakehead University yesterday (we have until April 15 to accept) and I am still waiting for Guelph, Western and UofT.

Congrats! What stream were you accepted to? Do you mind sharing your stats