MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

46 minutes ago, MPH_Hopeful_2020 said:

Hi all, I received an offer from UofA Health Promotion (distance) yesterday. Waiting to hear from a couple other universities before I make a final decision.

Congrats!!!  I've applied to the same I guess I am not getting in this year

2 hours ago, Braki said:

Hi all,
Just an update from me, I received an offer of admission yesterday from UVic!
I've now heard back from 3 of the 4 schools I applied to (UVic, USask and UBC) and am still waiting to hear from SFU.

Congrats!!

30 minutes ago, kat95 said:

has anyone else heard from queens? my status still says application submitted ?

Nope! My portal says the same. I was very disappointed when I woke up to an email from Queens and it was just asking me to fill out a survey haha

1 hour ago, klesis7 said:

Just received my offer of admission from UofA MPH - Health Promotion (on campus) today ! Excited to be potential classmates with many of you. 

This is the only school I've applied to for MPH. I'm still waiting for another program to get back to me. 

Congrats!!! 

3 hours ago, Meeha said:

Congrats to everyone who recieved acceptances.

Does this mean U of A has sent out most of their acceptances? 

I think probably, but some people are also probably sitting on their acceptances. I got accepted to two streams (health promotion distance & health policy and management), and I'm having troubles choosing between the two. I'm sure a lot of people are also waiting on other universities before they make their final decision. So some spots will probably open up into April (I have until April 18th to accept or decline). Best of luck :) 

7 hours ago, klesis7 said:

Just received my offer of admission from UofA MPH - Health Promotion (on campus) today ! Excited to be potential classmates with many of you. 

This is the only school I've applied to for MPH. I'm still waiting for another program to get back to me. 

Congratulations! This is good news! 

3 hours ago, MPH_Hopeful_2020 said:

I think probably, but some people are also probably sitting on their acceptances. I got accepted to two streams (health promotion distance & health policy and management), and I'm having troubles choosing between the two. I'm sure a lot of people are also waiting on other universities before they make their final decision. So some spots will probably open up into April (I have until April 18th to accept or decline). Best of luck :) 

But ours still show review, then how can the decisions be made? is it implied that others are rejected by default. Any one got rejected from Uof A? any rejection letter/update?

8 hours ago, Miday said:

Has any international student been admitted by UofA for MPH?

I haven't seen anyone yet. A part from you. ?

I heard that they give first priority to domestic students and that slots for international students are very few. 

PS: Not only UofA but all Canadian universities. 

Idk the accuracy of the information though. 

Edited by SheeBella

4 hours ago, SheeBella said:

I haven't seen anyone yet. A part from you. ?

I heard that they give first priority to domestic students and that slots for international students are very few. 

PS: Not only UofA but all Canadian universities. 

Idk the accuracy of the information though. 

Hmmmm. Hopefully more international students will be admitted soon. Or Maybe the admitted ones are not on this forum. 

17 hours ago, klesis7 said:

Omg congrats!! I’m a new lurker, can you please share your profile? I’m waiting for the same! 

40 minutes ago, mph_20 said:

Hi everyone,

I logged into the online portal for University of Waterloo and saw that I was accepted into the MPH program! No email or anything from the department yet...

Congrats!! Can you please share your profile. 

1 minute ago, Meeha said:

Congrats!! Can you please share your profile. 

Thanks! Domestic applicant, Mature student, 2 undergrad degrees (Social Work, Psychology), several years community work in social service field and work experience in academic healthcare research.