MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

5 hours ago, katniss055 said:

Seems like I am not gonna get in this year ! Probably because I applied so late! Applied for UBC on 28th December and for UVIC in January 2020. 

No, I really don't think the time of application matters. Someone on here said they applied to UBC on the deadline and they've been accepted already. I think last week? 

PS: It's not time to give up yet. Admissions are still rolling. So keep the hope burning. 

Good luck! 

Hi everyone, I know this can be a really stressful time as is even without the Pandemic. Admissions decisions times can determine what and where we will be in the future substantially, so I understand the stress. But I just wanted to say you all are scholars in your own ways. Whether you’ve already been accepted, rejected, waitlisted, or have no updates, you’ve gotten up until this point even through all the chaos that’s going on in the world. As a kind virtual neighbour to you all, it is my most sincere wish that you all are keeping healthy, safe, and warm in your homes. I know there are many who may have used the distractions of the outside world to cope with deteriorating mental health and I hope if you’re in this position, you nurture your well-being the best you can during this quarantine phase. All the best to absolutely all of you in your graduate study endeavours! Thoughts and prayers are with your admissions decisions and families ❤️

21 minutes ago, xttr said:

Hi everyone, I know this can be a really stressful time as is even without the Pandemic. Admissions decisions times can determine what and where we will be in the future substantially, so I understand the stress. But I just wanted to say you all are scholars in your own ways. Whether you’ve already been accepted, rejected, waitlisted, or have no updates, you’ve gotten up until this point even through all the chaos that’s going on in the world. As a kind virtual neighbour to you all, it is my most sincere wish that you all are keeping healthy, safe, and warm in your homes. I know there are many who may have used the distractions of the outside world to cope with deteriorating mental health and I hope if you’re in this position, you nurture your well-being the best you can during this quarantine phase. All the best to absolutely all of you in your graduate study endeavours! Thoughts and prayers are with your admissions decisions and families ❤️

And on that lovely note, thought I'd update you folks. I just got my acceptance to the U of A MPH Health Promotion (Distance Learning) stream! Not sure if I will be accepting just yet, but will keep you posted! 

1 hour ago, nat946 said:

Would you mind sharing how you received the acceptance? Email/letter/admissions portal?

Thank you, stay well :)

They notified me through email first and then sent me the official offer through the portal!

27 minutes ago, rulingplanets said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your profile and stats? ?

Currently doing an undergrad degree in epidemiology and biostatistics
GPA: 3.9, A- in 3 statistics courses 
Research assistant for 2.5 years mostly analyzing health data using Stata and SAS, 3 publications (not first author though), involved with 3 clubs as an exec 

I didn't really have any practical experience but had enough epidemiology/public health research experience to balance that out I guess. Also doing an undergrad thesis so that probably helped as well

Edited by Jim28

39 minutes ago, xttr said:

And on that lovely note, thought I'd update you folks. I just got my acceptance to the U of A MPH Health Promotion (Distance Learning) stream! Not sure if I will be accepting just yet, but will keep you posted! 

Congrats!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

Hi all,
Just an update from me, I received an offer of admission yesterday from UVic!
I've now heard back from 3 of the 4 schools I applied to (UVic, USask and UBC) and am still waiting to hear from SFU.

3 hours ago, xttr said:

congratulations ! Are you from B.C. btw?