NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

On 12/24/2019 at 4:41 AM, mjsharif said:

Did you receive an initial email when you submitted, and then this email on top of that?

I only received one email. I'm worried now that my app wasn't sent thru the eval process, but on the website portal it reads "under evaluation." I'm going to email admin after the holiday.

Did you ever reach out/hear back? I have the same situation. 

On 12/24/2019 at 2:41 AM, mjsharif said:

Did you receive an initial email when you submitted, and then this email on top of that?

I only received one email. I'm worried now that my app wasn't sent thru the eval process, but on the website portal it reads "under evaluation." I'm going to email admin after the holiday.

I did receive two separate emails. One on Dec 5th saying - 'Thank you for applying....if your application is complete, it will be validated to continute...if modifications and/or clarifications are required.. etc.' 

Then a second, separate email, on Dec 16th saying 'Your application has been validated and is eligible to continue..' 

It'd probably be best to email/call them to see. It may be that they just haven't gotten to yours yet; I submitted mine a day early. 

Best of luck :)

On 12/24/2019 at 1:41 AM, mjsharif said:

Let me know if you hear anything. I also did not receive anything after the initial email!

4 hours ago, biomed_gal said:

Let me know if you hear anything. I also did not receive anything after the initial email!

On 1/2/2020 at 4:21 PM, jjvamd47 said:

Did you ever reach out/hear back? I have the same situation. 

On 1/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, scavanaugh said:

I did receive two separate emails. One on Dec 5th saying - 'Thank you for applying....if your application is complete, it will be validated to continute...if modifications and/or clarifications are required.. etc.' 

Then a second, separate email, on Dec 16th saying 'Your application has been validated and is eligible to continue..' 

It'd probably be best to email/call them to see. It may be that they just haven't gotten to yours yet; I submitted mine a day early. 

Best of luck :)

Hi guys, I did reach out to admin and I received a response, this is the meat of it:

"On 13 December 2019, approximately halfway through the validation process, all emails to the applicants stopped, as there was no further action that could be taken by applicants.

The validation process is complete, and all validated applications have been forwarded to the panel. You won't see any additional status updates beyond 'Submitted' on the application until the selection is made in April 2020, at which time all applicants will receive a notification of their selection status.

If additional materials are required for your application, we will contact you directly to request them. Please note that the panelists will not contact you for any reason."

It calmed my nerves quite a bit. It basically sounds like there was a technical limitation after December 13th of some kind that meant applicants could no longer access the application portal. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to rectify any unintended application discrepancies because I didn't receive that second email, but the last line: "If additional materials are required for your application, we will contact you directly to request them."

Best of luck to all of you, and Happy New Year!

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, /pol/ said:

I wonder if it will be delayed due to the Coronavirus issue. I think the chances of it are less, since they probably could work from home. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed. Oh well. I will have waited for a few months, so I can wait another.

Hopefully it isn't delayed! I know the GRFP reviews are all virtual -- maybe it's the same with the NDSEG?

Edited by Physicsisphysics

On 3/21/2020 at 7:24 PM, Physicsisphysics said:

Hopefully it isn't delayed! I know the GRFP reviews are all virtual -- maybe it's the same with the NDSEG?

Seems like it isn't ! Looks like the website itself says April 2020. Has anyone received any email communications yet? It seems very silent out there...

26 minutes ago, SFS said:

Curious to see if anyone else sees this too, application updated last 2/28/20. Could mean nothing at all but dang, its hard to wait.

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 6.23.09 PM.png

Mine says the same, 2/28/2020.

I have 12/24/2019, which is my submission date. Given that, I doubt I got really far in the application process. It's a bummer since I really did my best on the application. I won't keep my expectations super high, but it is a blow. :-(

1 hour ago, SFS said:

Curious to see if anyone else sees this too, application updated last 2/28/20. Could mean nothing at all but dang, its hard to wait.

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 6.23.09 PM.png

Did you have anything missing from your application? Did you receive an email on that date from them? I guess probably not. But chances are you got it ! :D

2 minutes ago, /pol/ said:

Did you have anything missing from your application? Did you receive an email on that date from them? I guess probably not. But chances are you got it ! :D

Here are the emails I was sent:

10 AM on 12/6/19 "Application Submission Confirmation"

12:30 PM on 12/10/19 “Application has been Validated”

Nothing more besides that. In the portal my application reads "Under Evaluation"

19 minutes ago, SFS said:

Here are the emails I was sent:

10 AM on 12/6/19 "Application Submission Confirmation"

12:30 PM on 12/10/19 “Application has been Validated”

Nothing more besides that. In the portal my application reads "Under Evaluation"

Mm, those are the two emails I've received as well. I guess we will have to wait and see. But, knock on wood, I have a promising feeling about your application !