NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

20 hours ago, 3st3rb said:

Well if it gives any of you a nice giggle today, I was looking through the documents I submitted and realized that I legit left "Sometime next decade" on there for NDSEG. LOL

image.png.1c487acc193d109ab805fb91d14fb92a.png

LOL at least with you they know it will be a long term investment

Hello! Just joined to add another data point. I’m also 2/28 for Biosciences. If this does mean something, I’m a little surprised. The worst part of my app is my GRE score; however, I’m already in grad school. Everything else is more solid, but going off of merit, I felt having that lower score may not get me very far. 

Wishing everyone the best and hoping to end the wait soon?

On 3/31/2020 at 3:51 PM, 3st3rb said:

Okay here's what I have so far for the 2020 updates: (Apologies for any misspelled usernames)

SFS: Physics, 02/28

Scavanaugh: Civil & Environmental Eng., 2/28 (ARO)

StPolarBear: 02/19

Redox9797: ChemE, 01/27

Curie 2020: MatSci 02/28/20

Thel: Cog., Neural, Behavioral, 02/28

SomethingSimple: Bio Sciences, 02/28 (ARO)

Momo1111: 02/26 (ARO)

3st3rb: Electrical Eng, 02/28 (ARO)

For Dec updates:

Surface4: Geosciences 12/6

PhysicsIsPhysics: Physics, 12/24 (AFRL)

ScienceGeek: Comp. Sci., 12/6, (ARO)

BCHgang: MechE, 12/24 (ARO)

UrMum: Comp. Sci., 12/23 (AFRL)

CellBioGal: 12/20 (ARO)

Cri3Times: Physics, 12/20 (AFRL)

clb21565: Life & Bio Sciences, 12/6

My friend and I both applied for "Computer and Computational Sciences" for AFOSR and we both have 12/23/19 for last update (same as @urmum). My friend won GRFP, so they're definitely a strong applicant. Based on the data above, it looks like the date is based on your discipline and choice of BAA.

Edited by GradNt

3 hours ago, GIIC said:

Hello! Just joined to add another data point. I’m also 2/28 for Biosciences. If this does mean something, I’m a little surprised. The worst part of my app is my GRE score; however, I’m already in grad school. Everything else is more solid, but going off of merit, I felt having that lower score may not get me very far. 

Wishing everyone the best and hoping to end the wait soon?

I don't think GRE scores matter that much tbh. So long as you didn't do *horribly* on it, and by that, I mean like 40th percentile or something crazy like that, I think you're fine.

2 hours ago, fl1989 said:

just made an accnt to add a data point. I applied under bioengineering to the ARO. Up until today my last application update was 02/28. However, I checked my account this morning and now it says the last update was on 04/03. Hopefully we find out soon.

Same situation -- mine was also just updated on 04/03.

Just now, curie2020 said:

Same situation -- mine was also just updated on 04/03.

I think my next paper is going to be "On the variation of `Just Updated Dates` in graduate-student grant applications for defense-related fellowships"

In all seriousness though, looks like we should be hearing back soon.

2 hours ago, fl1989 said:

just made an accnt to add a data point. I applied under bioengineering to the ARO. Up until today my last application update was 02/28. However, I checked my account this morning and now it says the last update was on 04/03. Hopefully we find out soon.

Mine changed too, also ARO. 

6 minutes ago, GradNt said:

how cryptic...

@3st3r @curie202 @fl1989 did you all apply ARO?

I did and from fl1989's message so did they. Unsure about Curie. My guess it's going to be branch dependent and they're updating as new info from each branch comes in?

Edited by 3st3rb

lol is everyone just up late or are you all in a reasonable timezone? I'm stuck on my campus and the panic is hitting hard right now, so I'm fixating on this like crazy. I had completely forgotten about NDSEG until this week and now I can't stop thinking about it.

@GradNt SLC for me, so it's reasonable for a Friday here. ARO for me, still saying 2/28 on my end. I'll update tomorrow if it changes...Gonna try to get some sleep, haven't been able to get a good rest the past few nights now that I know this is getting announced soon..

Edited by scavanaugh

1 minute ago, scavanaugh said:

@GradNt SLC for me, so it's reasonable for a Friday here. ARO for me, still saying 2/28 on my end. I'll update tomorrow if it changes...Gonna try to get some sleep, haven't been able to get a good rest the past few nights now that I know this is getting announced soon..

Pacific time zone here, but yeah, I'm simultaneously obsessing and prepping for quals. Stress galore