NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

Just now, justanothergradstudent said:

ARO. Neuro. 12/23 date. No update.

I'm out, yeah?

Likewise. 12/24 here. It's like we never proceeded past the first round of selection. That's what I'm trying to say. They pick the first 30% and then send them off the relevant dod people  Hence no updated application date.

1 minute ago, BCHGang said:

Likewise. 12/24 here. It's like we never proceeded past the first round of selection. That's what I'm trying to say. They pick the first 30% and then send them off the relevant dod people  Hence no updated application date.

Okay it's kind of weird though.. I'm not trying to talk myself up, but I think on paper I'm incredibly competitive. If anything, I expected to get cut later because my essay/proposal weren't compelling enough. Or I just didn't realize how steep the competition is.

Edited by justanothergradstudent

21 minutes ago, justanothergradstudent said:

Okay it's kind of weird though.. I'm not trying to talk myself up, but I think on paper I'm incredibly competitive. If anything, I expected to get cut later because my essay/proposal weren't compelling enough. Or I just didn't realize how steep the competition is.

My GPA wasn't the best, nor my GRE. Ihey weren't stellar, but weren't terrible either. I will say that my essay and proposal, I worked my butt off. But idk. It's a black box. 

Edited by BCHGang
Grammar

10 minutes ago, BCHGang said:

My GPA wasn't the best, nor my GRE. Ihey weren't stellar, but weren't terrible either. I will say that my essay and proposal, I worked my butt off. But idk. It's a black box. 

Same boat. My GPA from UG was decent, my Grad one less so, and my GRE is like 5+ years old at this point so I'm really not sure how that helps anyone here.  I kinda wish we could get feedback like we do for GRFP.

Here to add another datapoint.

Electrical Engineering, ARO. Originally had 2/28 as my last updated date but like so many others it changed to 4/3 yesterday.

Is there anyone who had a 2/28 who did not have a 4/3 update? Or anyone who did not have a 2/28 update who had a 4/3 one? Just trying to figure out what these updates might represent.

14 minutes ago, hopefulstudent1997 said:

Or anyone who did not have a 2/28 update who had a 4/3 one?

I'm curious about this. I think no one had this situation. Because if you weren't updated in February, then that means that you didn't get past the first round of submissions. Organization and BAA mean nothing.

8 minutes ago, BCHGang said:

I'm curious about this. I think no one had this situation. Because if you weren't updated in February, then that means that you didn't get past the first round of submissions. Organization and BAA mean nothing.

Mine was last updated 02/28, and hasn't changed. 

6 minutes ago, ScienceGeek said:

I think we're all speculating and can't say anything definitive about the dates or the BAA because results haven't been posted. We just need to be patient haha

This is probably the best idea! 

31 minutes ago, ScienceGeek said:

I think we're all speculating and can't say anything definitive about the dates or the BAA because results haven't been posted. We just need to be patient haha

Even day trading crypto doesn't give me this much anxiety haha