DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

Hello everyone, I am new here and i have applied for the DAAD scholarship for postgraduate studies in the field of architecture. The deadline was sep 30th 2020

Since you all are applicants form last year, can you please give me an approximative date on when they start replying ?

btw my application status is paper copies received.

thanks a lot

Hi houyem,

I applied for DAAD schollarship for postgraduate studies for architecture 2021 as well,

My status is application submitted , I just stumbled across this thread , and I undersTand that sometimes they take too long to inform you that you got the funding (late april sometimes) 

Does that mean that In the mean time we should apply to the schools even if we re not sure we got the funding ?

And great luck to you !

well actually I have applied to some schools since last year and I have got some acceptance letters as well.
But for your case I guess you should start applying for some schools already (lots of schools are open to registration through Uni assist website.)

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone !

I have a question , If you already applied for the schorllarship, and you found another programm that you really like , how does that work ? If you ever happen to get the schollarship , can you switch programmes ?

FYI the new progamm can also be covered by the DAAD .

If you know how that works, please take the time to write an answer , thank you !

Hi Houyem & Lampioulou,

Even I have applied for DAAD scholarship for Architecture. My status just turned 'paper copies received' today. 

DAAD has specifically mentioned that you need to get admitted in one of 3 given universities mentioned in the application to use scholarship. I don't think we can switch programmes. 

Hello again,

I got this email from DAAD today. So I guess its a long waiting time till the results come out. Good Luck to Everyone.

Screenshot (25)_LI.jpg

Edited by Pratt

Hey everyone! I've also applied for the architecture programme 2021 and received this same message confirming that my application documents are ok!

@Lampioulou I've heard from a friend that you can receive a scholarship for a 4th course option, but only if you've not been accepted in your three main options. This is not an official source, so it's worth checking with DAAD!

About the applications, for most universities starting in October 2021, you can apply after the scholarship results are out. But if any of them have earlier deadlines, you should apply before!

I've already applied to one that starts in April. According to DAAD it's preferable that we choose courses starting in October, but courses starting in April can be a possibility.

Is anyone else applying for summer semester courses?

On 11/2/2020 at 2:08 PM, JJ2888 said:

Hey everyone! I've also applied for the architecture programme 2021 and received this same message confirming that my application documents are ok!

@Lampioulou I've heard from a friend that you can receive a scholarship for a 4th course option, but only if you've not been accepted in your three main options. This is not an official source, so it's worth checking with DAAD!

About the applications, for most universities starting in October 2021, you can apply after the scholarship results are out. But if any of them have earlier deadlines, you should apply before!

I've already applied to one that starts in April. According to DAAD it's preferable that we choose courses starting in October, but courses starting in April can be a possibility.

Is anyone else applying for summer semester courses?

Thank you very much , I will look into this,

Wish you great luck !

• 1 month later...

Hey, I applied for DAAD scholarship for postgraduate studies for architecture 2021 as well, I just wanted to know when do we get an official confirmation from them about the scholarship? Is it Febraury or later then that? 

Does anyone have any reference who have already received the scholarship before?

Good luck to everyone! ?

• 2 months later...

hi everyone, i have a question for those already having a DAAD scholarship. i'm already studying but now want to change universities within Germany, is it going to mess up my scholarship? Will they allow it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, Sasi93 said:

Hi! My status for the short term PhD grant is still "Application submitted", so no news there.

On Tuesday my status for the one year grant changed to "Selection made" and a few hours later I got a message via the portal saying that I got the grant and they were going to contact me at a later stage to send me the binding letter of award. For now the status of my one year grant application is still "Selection made".

Best of luck with your application! 

Hi there, I also received a mail from DAAD saying that i won the scholarship, my status is currently ''selection made'' and I am waiting for their letter of award. Could you tell me after how many days you received your letter of award?

On 6/12/2020 at 5:13 PM, Carla Sepulveda said:

That's great to hear, congrats!

Let's hope we will hear about the other one soon. And thanks for the good wishes ?

34 minutes ago, George Tsalas said:

Hi there, I also received a mail from DAAD saying that i won the scholarship, my status is currently ''selection made'' and I am waiting for their letter of award. Could you tell me after how many days you received your letter of award?

Hi! I received the letter of award 1 month after they communicated the results. Congratulations on your scholarship! :)

53 minutes ago, Sasi93 said:

Hi! I received the letter of award 1 month after they communicated the results. Congratulations on your scholarship! :)

Thank you so much, was kind of nervous :P.  So during that one month  you didn't had to gather any documents or accept their offer. The procedure continued after they sent you the letter of award right?

20 hours ago, George Tsalas said:

Thank you so much, was kind of nervous :P.  So during that one month  you didn't had to gather any documents or accept their offer. The procedure continued after they sent you the letter of award right?

No worries! If I remember correctly, I think I had to communicate to them via email that I accepted the scholarship before they sent me the binding letter of award, but not much else was needed from me at that stage.

29 minutes ago, Sasi93 said:

No worries! If I remember correctly, I think I had to communicate to them via email that I accepted the scholarship before they sent me the binding letter of award, but not much else was needed from me at that stage.

how did you communicate with them? because I sent them an email through daad portal 15 days ago but they haven't answered yet.

16 minutes ago, George Tsalas said:

how did you communicate with them? because I sent them an email through daad portal 15 days ago but they haven't answered yet.

I am sorry, it was one year ago and I do not remember very well :(

Hi guys! Can anyone clearly explain me the process of the daad funding. If i get the scholarship, I am automatically get offer from the University? Or we need to be admitted to the University after getting the scholarship?  

HI Guys I applied for masters degree, and already passed the 1st screening and interview and get admitted to the univerisity. is this a good sign or big possibility to get the scholarship or funding?

anxiety is real!!!! waiting time is killing me right. lol plsss help