DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

On 4/24/2020 at 2:01 AM, Hakob said:

Hi, congrats;)

you have to wait:) Along with the award letter they will send the declaration of acceptance which you should upload into the portal. Now you have nothing to upload, so just wait for the docs:)

hii congrats,,, 
finally you got it...

I have been waiting since 2 months ago, I did not get any email from DAAD concerning my application
and my application statue is still submitted with out any change. So does that mean I got reject? because 
I am too worry about my situation at this moment.

Hi people, those of you who received the DAAD EPOS how much time passed since you upload the application to the portal to receive the award letter and all the documentation? Thanks, stay safe!

16 hours ago, Shiva Singh said:

Hi Any one from India applied for research grants for phd 2020-21

any updates as my portal is still showing application submitted.

Hey Shiva, I'm also from India patiently waiting for Phd resuls and I also got the mail from the Delhi office. Lets's hope for the best.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:26 AM, Transport said:

@Sorrel Recieved my acceptance this morning as well, officially! Looking forward to potentially meeting! Not sure if they do any sort of orientation for this grant type (doesn't seem so, but you never know). Feeling good about the word "postponement" as well - reasonable - but they aren't guessing what it'll look like then. TUM is considering starting their winter semester Nov. 1, instead of Oct. 1, so a postponement like that would be totally reasonable.

@Hakob Congratulations!! That's amazing! What a rollercoaster for you!!

Congrats Transport and Hakob!! (What a relief, after all that!). It would be great to meet up-- what's a good way for people going this year (knock wood) to connect outside the gradcafe? 

Edited by Sorrel

3 hours ago, robsen said:

yes, it was rejection :(

Oh, I am so sorry(( The rejection rate is too high this year due to this crisis ? You definitely should try again. Never give up ;)

2 hours ago, Sorrel said:

Congrats Transport and Hakob!! (What a relief, after all that!). It would be great to meet up-- what's a good way for people going this year (knock wood) to connect outside the gradcafe? 

Thank you, @Sorrel, so nice of you ☺️ Yep, we should definitely do that. Which city are you going to, guys? If it is Munich, I'll come for a visit for sure. Was there in 2014, miss that wonderful city so much))

Hi all, my status has changed to "Funding" since February, but up till now, I am yet to receive any official award letter or other documents, although the DAAD representative wrote me on the portal, saying that due to the COVID-19 situation, it is not possible to get my award letter processed, therefore, I should be patient.

However, when I contacted the DAAD representative through the portal again at the beginning of April, he made mention of some "Technicalities that needs to be sorted out before I can receive my award letter". My question now is who else is experiencing similar thing and what are these technicalities they are talking about?

I am from Africa, Nigeria to be precise.

10 minutes ago, Shiva Singh said:

which university you are going to visit and the area of interest?

I had applied to Uni of Wurzburg and area of broad interest is Political Science, I have also applied to other unis in different countries but the current covid-19 situation has made things highly uncertain. What about you?

Hi all!

I am doing my PhD in the UK and I have applied for a DAAD One-Year research grant 2020/2021 and a Short-term research grant 2020. On March 6 I was told that I was shortlisted for the One-Year grant but due to the COVID-19 emergency the interviews were not going to take place, and the evaluations were going to be paper based. A month later, they told us that decisions were further delayed due to the emergency, which is understandable. Has anybody else from the UK received updates after April 9? Thanks! 

On 4/28/2020 at 8:56 AM, Possibility-1 said:

Hi all, my status has changed to "Funding" since February, but up till now, I am yet to receive any official award letter or other documents, although the DAAD representative wrote me on the portal, saying that due to the COVID-19 situation, it is not possible to get my award letter processed, therefore, I should be patient.

However, when I contacted the DAAD representative through the portal again at the beginning of April, he made mention of some "Technicalities that needs to be sorted out before I can receive my award letter". My question now is who else is experiencing similar thing and what are these technicalities they are talking about?

I am from Africa, Nigeria to be precise.

I got the exact message from the portal. The wait is killing. I keep checking my DAAD page to see if there is an update since February but nothing. I am from Nigeria BTW.

I think I will write them now, perhaps I will get the 'technicalities' email.

22 hours ago, Earlric said:

I finally got my award letters. Good luck guys

Congrats)) Did they send the declaration of acceptance as well? I got the official letter about the results of scholarship more than a week ago, but still no news of the rest of documents:)

hello everyone, I have received the award letter around 15 March (PhD), the 4 Month language courses was supposed to begin on 1st July, today DAAD Contacted me throught the portal to inform me that the whole 4 Month language courses will take place in my home country online, which is impossible because of the slow internet in my home country (Algeria).

Did anyone received the same message, ? what is the solution now  

On 4/28/2020 at 11:24 PM, atavist13 said:

I had applied to Uni of Wurzburg and area of broad interest is Political Science, I have also applied to other unis in different countries but the current covid-19 situation has made things highly uncertain. What about you?

I am applying for University of Hanover my area of interest in chemistry. Let me know if you get any update i'll let you know if i get any update from my side.

4 hours ago, sido said:

Did anyone received the same message regarding the online German language courses?

Im supposed to have the English course in Berlin in August-October, but there is still no info on how its gonna be conducted: on-line or face to face