DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

On 4/4/2020 at 1:12 AM, Mariam_Gev said:

I applied for the Master's degree from Armenia.

Good luck to yo as well

In the letter you received, did they advice you to apply now for admission to the university? 

On 4/4/2020 at 7:08 PM, elianacvd said:

Hi Carlos, I applied too for the EPOS they contacted me last week to send all the documents to the platform, seem I got it? Haha, I think later I may have some questions, any tips? 

Congrats!!!

If you got the documents, you just need to upload the Dec. of Acceptance and the Health Insurance to tell them you are accepting the scholarship, thats it :)

Hallo!

Someone applied to TUD?? They ask for registration to the university via SELMA Portal, they want us to download a Selma Formular and I cant find it, if someone could help me I would appreciate it too much!

Carlos

On 4/8/2020 at 4:16 AM, CarlosgmPe said:

Congrats!!!

If you got the documents, you just need to upload the Dec. of Acceptance and the Health Insurance to tell them you are accepting the scholarship, thats it :)

Hi Carlos,

I just got my scholarship documents yesterday! So much info to go through and digest.

My understanding is that we just have to upload the declaration of acceptance, no signature is required, am I right?

And we only need to fill in the consent to medical data processing form and sign, then upload onto the portal. Is that right?

Thanks!

Regards

Adeline

10 hours ago, apcn20 said:

Hi Carlos,

I just got my scholarship documents yesterday! So much info to go through and digest.

My understanding is that we just have to upload the declaration of acceptance, no signature is required, am I right?

And we only need to fill in the consent to medical data processing form and sign, then upload onto the portal. Is that right?

Thanks!

Regards

Adeline

Hallo,

Yes, both are right, in the left part of the Portal you can see where to upload the not necessary signed Dec. of Acceptance and where to upload the signed Consent of Processing Medical Data.

BR,

Carlos

11 hours ago, CarlosgmPe said:

Hallo,

Yes, both are right, in the left part of the Portal you can see where to upload the not necessary signed Dec. of Acceptance and where to upload the signed Consent of Processing Medical Data.

BR,

Carlos

Thanks Carlos for your reply!

Have you signed up for the DUO online course? I was wondering if we could choose whichever program that we like or there's a limit to it? I couldn't find much instruction in the documents.

Thanks.

Regards,

Adeline

13 hours ago, apcn20 said:

Thanks Carlos for your reply!

Have you signed up for the DUO online course? I was wondering if we could choose whichever program that we like or there's a limit to it? I couldn't find much instruction in the documents.

Thanks.

Regards,

Adeline

Yes, my course started on April 1st, I registered in the DUO webpage with my scholarship holder code number and then sent them an email saying I had no previous knowledge of German, then they booked for me the course A1.1.

BR,

Carlos

17 hours ago, apcn20 said:

Also my language course in August will be in Berlin, who else got Berlin??

Hello, my language course is also in August. We should make a whatsapp group or something so we can talk and get together in Berlin.

Anyone else in the US still waiting to hear about 1 year doctoral research grants? My application status has changed (noticed on April 9), but still no sign of an official communication... how long does it typically take?

Fingers crossed and good luck to all others still waiting!

Happy another-waiting-week to everyone ? My status haven't even been changed, still "application submitted". I have the impression that the section ST22 (Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia) is not working at all ?

On 4/13/2020 at 9:26 PM, Sorrel said:

Anyone else in the US still waiting to hear about 1 year doctoral research grants? My application status has changed (noticed on April 9), but still no sign of an official communication... how long does it typically take?

Fingers crossed and good luck to all others still waiting!

In the same boat! US applicant to the 1 year doctoral research grant. My status changed to funding almost two weeks ago now, but haven’t received any other info yet either.

9 hours ago, Transport said:

In the same boat! US applicant to the 1 year doctoral research grant. My status changed to funding almost two weeks ago now, but haven’t received any other info yet either.

Hi, when does your research project start? I indicated the start of my research as July 1.I wonder if it may lead to rehection, or if they decide to fund my project, they will offer to postpone the start 

Hello everyone,

Is there applicant from Central Asia? 

Did you have an interview, please?

Since Nov'19 I did not received any notification and did not have an interview as well. Is your situation same, too?   

Edited by robsen

5 minutes ago, robsen said:

Hello everyone,

Is there applicant from Central Asia? 

Did you have an interview, please?

Since Nov'19 I did not received any notification and did not have an interview as well. Is your situation same, too?   

Hi,

I am from Armenia, but we are in the same DAAD section:) Which program have you applied for?

For example, I have applied for a research grant which does not require any interview. But the situation is the same, have not got any notification since the day I applied (Nov. 14), the status is still "application submitted".

5 hours ago, Hakob said:

Hi, when does your research project start? I indicated the start of my research as July 1.I wonder if it may lead to rehection, or if they decide to fund my project, they will offer to postpone the start 

Did you apply for the same grant type? The specific grant I applied for was only for US and Canadian citizens, and it could start no earlier than Oct. 1, so that was my start date.

10 minutes ago, Transport said:

Did you apply for the same grant type? The specific grant I applied for was only for US and Canadian citizens, and it could start no earlier than Oct. 1, so that was my start date.

No, my program is a three month research grant which could start from July 1, so I chose the first possible day ? 

Hello! Anyone that got the EPOS scholarship? I got acceptance letter and was ask to upload the documents to the DAAD portal last week. Any idea how long do I have to wait for the final decision? I´m a little nervous because I´m confused, when the university nominated you, it meas that you got it? or is is possible for them to say no after submitting the documents to the portal? Thanks! 

8 hours ago, Hakob said:

18 hours ago, Transport said:

Hi Hakob! Good point—I read someone commenting here a little while ago that DAAD replied to their query saying they won't cancel funding, but might postpone. Fingers crossed that remains true!

Transport, not sure about you but my start date is October 1. (And my status also changed to "funding"). I wonder if they are just delayed like everyone/everything else, or if they're waiting for reasons Hakob brought up... Where in Germany is your application to?