DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

I felt like it's time to start a forum for DAAD 2020. Who else just got finished with the application process for DAAD graduate scholarship? Is it just me or is it too soon to freak out about the waiting time for the results??

• 2 weeks later...

I have applied for DAAD bi national fellowship programme fall 2020. the deadline for application is over. status is application submitted. What next? when do they call for interview? how selection is done

Hi all,

I have a few questions about DAAD scholarships/grants:

Is the DAAD short term research grant less competitive than the long term research grant?

Can a DAAD Masters Study Scholarship be used to support transferring from an MA one is currently in? 

Will I be rejected automatically from the DAAD Masters Study Scholarship because I'm currently enrolled in an MA?

Can I apply to any of the short term research grant, and the long term research grant, and a Masters Study Scholarship, at the same time? (To hedge bets against one being more competitive than the other, and because I'm not completely sure what I want to do next year yet.)

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Edited by Kropotkoid

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I applied for this scholarship last year being shortlisted between the last 150 applicants, so I know a bit of how the process works, right now I can tell you that my application has been received as well as my documents, if you have any questions, let me know, I am here to help you!

Hi everyone! It's good to have other people to freak out with rather than freaking out alone.?

I applied for the DAAD Study in the field of Architecture Scholarship program.

My status changed to Paper copies received a couple of days ago. What about everyone here?

I was going through last year's DAAD thread and it looks like we all will have to wait till March or April for the results to be out. ?

Does anyone here have any idea whether they take an interview for Master's Scholarships also? I've heard there's an interview for the PhD applicants, but is it the same for the Master's applicants as well?

On 10/18/2019 at 3:04 PM, neelkant said:

I have applied for DAAD bi national fellowship programme fall 2020. the deadline for application is over. status is application submitted. What next? when do they call for interview? how selection is done

On 10/6/2019 at 4:15 PM, KevinC. said:

Hi, Nikita. Thanks for starting this thread. I just recently submitted my application for the MADM programme at Ruhr-University Bochum. May I know which programme you applied to?

Hi Kevin ! I applied for DAAD Study in the field of Architecture. 

On 11/5/2019 at 8:47 PM, Luis Rivero said:

Hi guys, I applied for this scholarship last year being shortlisted between the last 150 applicants, so I know a bit of how the process works, right now I can tell you that my application has been received as well as my documents, if you have any questions, let me know, I am here to help you!

Yessss please! What program did you apply for? Master's or PhD? Do they call for an interview for a Master's program? If yes, what do they look for in the interview from the candidate, as in what kind of questions do they ask?

On 10/23/2019 at 1:58 AM, Barbs_gh said:

I don’t think it is too soon to start a forum.. I just finished applying and I read about the scholarship process almost everyday.. Best of luck to us all?

Thankyou. Best of luck to all of us here. ☺️

On 11/4/2019 at 8:50 PM, CalvinMusewe said:

How does one join the WhatsApp group?

Hello. Which program and school did you apply for? The whatsapp group we have are for DAAD Helmut Willy Brandt School applicants.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:10 PM, Nikita Kamboj said:

Me too. What's your target institution?

TU Berlin, BTU Cottbus and Bauhaus Weimar. What about you?
Cool that your status at least changed to "Paper copies received". How much time it took after you applied? 
I'm freaking out now haha, i'm still having "Application submitted"

Good luck !

On 11/13/2019 at 4:48 PM, Modulor said:

TU Berlin, BTU Cottbus and Bauhaus Weimar. What about you?
Cool that your status at least changed to "Paper copies received". How much time it took after you applied? 
I'm freaking out now haha, i'm still having "Application submitted"

Good luck !

My application reached on the last day of the deadline. It was pretty close. And I got the Paper copies received notification about 2 weeks ago. I've read a lot of previous threads on DAAD and apparently the status doesn't change for everyone at the same time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. So there's nothing to worry about. 

I'm targeting Anhalt Dessau, Bauhaus Universität and University of Stuttgart.

BTW, do you have any idea if they take an interview for Master's Scholarship?

Hope to see you on the other side. 

Good luck to you too man. ?

Edited by Nikita Kamboj
Forgot to add a question before.

Hey guys! 

I applied for DAAD Master Study Scholarship - All Study Disciplines (I'm in the field of Psychology). The deadline is today (15 November) and I have a lot of waiting to do, but I'm already starting to obsess. 
I'm really happy I found this forum, tho. 

On 11/15/2019 at 7:18 PM, Pschenock said:

Hey guys! 

I applied for DAAD Master Study Scholarship - All Study Disciplines (I'm in the field of Psychology). The deadline is today (15 November) and I have a lot of waiting to do, but I'm already starting to obsess. 
I'm really happy I found this forum, tho. 

Hi ! Goodluck to you too man ! ?

On 11/6/2019 at 2:09 PM, Nikita Kamboj said:

Yessss please! What program did you apply for? Master's or PhD? Do they call for an interview for a Master's program? If yes, what do they look for in the interview from the candidate, as in what kind of questions do they ask?

Hi there! I applied for a Master´s programme, no they did not call for an interview for this scholarship if that is what you meant, the results are sent to each participant at the end of february.