DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

On 12/26/2019 at 4:56 AM, Maka said:

For DAAD masters scholarship, today i received invitation for interview by mail ? 

Would you share your interview experience?

Hello there! I have applied for Master Studies of All Disciplines grant. Yesterday I noticed that my status changed to 'paper copies received'. Back to obsessively checking my mail again, I guess ?

On 1/6/2020 at 4:17 PM, lachasseuse said:

Hello! We've started a group chat here, on the GradCafe? Please tell me if you wanna join!

I would love to join it!

On 1/6/2020 at 2:17 PM, lachasseuse said:

Hello! We've started a group chat here, on the GradCafe? Please tell me if you wanna join!

Hey! Is there a WhatsApp group for the PhD applicants? I will be glad to join...

Edited by LAWEMMA-1
Typo in the earlier one

45 minutes ago, LAWEMMA-1 said:

Hey! Is there a WhatsApp group for the PhD application? I will be glad to join...

Hi All, if there is a WhatsApp group for the PhD application, I want to join as well. Please, Any one can add us

On 1/6/2020 at 4:17 PM, lachasseuse said:

Please, could you add me to the group

On 1/7/2020 at 5:52 PM, dashaku said:

I would love to join it!

On 1/8/2020 at 12:48 AM, Maka said:

Yes please

On 1/9/2020 at 3:47 PM, laween said:

Please, could you add me to the group

14 hours ago, Th4tGuy said:

Hi could you add me too. thanks

Hello, fellow applicants! Tha GradCafe has a limit of just five people in a group conversation, so right now we are thinking about the alternatve, like WhatsApp or Telegram. If you have the best option on mind, you are free to start a group chat somewhere and invite all of us yourself?

Hi everyone, 

Yesterday my status changed to preselection made. However, I did not receive any email from DAAD yet.

What does it mean?

Is it sure that i will be invited to the second round?

Thank you for your answers.

8 hours ago, SashaGenau said:

I’ve already had my interview back in November if anyone wants to ask any specific questions! 

Hi! Can you please join the facebook group (I posted a link above) because there are people there who wants to know! Thanks :)

10 hours ago, SashaGenau said:

I’ve already had my interview back in November if anyone wants to ask any specific questions! 

Did you apply for PhD program or Masters?

11 hours ago, Mr.0812 said:

Hi everyone, 

Yesterday my status changed to preselection made. However, I did not receive any email from DAAD yet.

What does it mean?

Is it sure that i will be invited to the second round?

Thank you for your answers.

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, but mine also did, and so did for a few of my friends and we all got an invitation, 5-6 days later. So it may be :) good luck! 

Hello everyone! I see a lot of people are freaking out up here. This is the third time I am applying for DAAD PhD Grant so I suppose I have some experience. There are few things that some of you should probably take note of; 

1. 'Selection Made' and 'Pre-Selection Made' means nothing. This is how the steps work. Application Submitted then to Selection/Pre-Selection Made then to two options, either Funding or Application Rejected. Sometimes, it moves straight from Application Submitted to either Funding or Application Rejected WITHOUT seeing 'Selection/Pre-Selection Made'. Others may not even see a response on that section where 'Application Submitted' is for days. 

2. There is no need to panic especially at this time. 70 to 80% of the selection meeting will be done in Bonn in the first week of February. After that it takes several weeks, sometimes months for them to key in responses to all applicants. You can imagine, as a result of the number of application they receive in a year, require them to do a lot of work. Sometimes there are a whole lot of bureaucracy that needs to go along too (The father of Bureaucracy (Max Weber) is a German you know) including sending the results to your home country etc. 

3. Each and everyone of us is well qualified for a scholarship and its probably not an easy task deciding on as many qualified applicants as this one. Last year (or so) and guy was so pissed off for being rejected he started accusing DAAD of racism and all those stuff. It wasn't healthy. In order to prevent a complete breakdown I suggest you look for other options JUST IN CASE. If you are really interested in studying in Germany, you could look for other options in the form of scholarships from other foundations, own funding etc. That will help BELIEVE ME!. We are all gonna get a response but it will take some time. 

5. I wish all of us the very best of luck.

Edited by Gyedu

32 minutes ago, Gyedu said:

Hello everyone! I see a lot of people are freaking out up here. This is the third time I am applying for DAAD PhD Grant so I suppose I have some experience. There are few things that some of you should probably take note of; 

1. 'Selection Made' and 'Pre-Selection Made' means nothing. This is how the steps work. Application Submitted then to Selection/Pre-Selection Made then to two options, either Application Accepted or Application Rejected. Sometimes, it moves straight from Application Submitted to either Application Accepted or Application Rejected WITHOUT seeing 'Selection/Pre-Selection Made'. Others may not even see a response on that section where 'Application Submitted' is for days. 

2. There is no need to panic especially at this time. 70 to 80% of the selection meeting will be done in Bonn in the first week of February. After that it takes several weeks, sometimes months for them to key in responses to all applicants. You can imagine, as a result of the number of application they receive in a year, require them to do a lot of work. Sometimes there are a whole lot of bureaucracy that needs to go along too (The father of Bureaucracy (Max Weber) is a German you know) including sending the results to your home country etc. 

3. Each and everyone of us is well qualified for a scholarship and its probably not an easy task deciding on as many qualified applicants as this one. Last year (or so) and guy was so pissed off for being rejected he started accusing DAAD of racism and all those stuff. It wasn't healthy. In order to prevent a complete breakdown I suggest you look for other options JUST IN CASE. If you are really interested in studying in Germany, you could look for other options in the form of scholarships from other foundations, own funding etc. That will help BELIEVE ME!. We are all gonna get a response but it will take some time. 

5. I wish all of us the very best of luck.

Thank you for your complete explanation, you taught us whatever we wanted to know about the process. I wish everyone a big good luck