DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

2 hours ago, Chebys said:

Sme of my friends got email frin daad on the final decision today. It seems daad are giving out final verdict this week for those who applied in october. Mistly african nations

Hi Chebys,

how about the Asia Candidates?? I also applied on the last week of August.

Rawo

1 hour ago, SashaGenau said:

Oh this is confusing... kind of hoping I'll find out soon then, although I fall under Asia-Pacific - but our application date was September.  Hope it went well for your friends!!

Hi SashaGenau,

where r u from? 

Hallo Friends,

i have some Questions. I hope to receive some replays and best answers as well as u can. My status is about  2 months  still not changed. It’s Acknowledgement of receipt. Is it good or something bad?

I think, that i didn’t singed the DAAD Application form. How about unsigned form??

Wish u all best of luck

Rawo 

Edited by Rawo

Hi guys

I just noticed that my funding period changed. It was from 2020 to 2024, but it changed to 2020 to 2021 now.

Does it mean anything? 

Please sure your experience, I am really nervous now.

1 hour ago, Nasi said:

Hi guys

I just noticed that my funding period changed. It was from 2020 to 2024, but it changed to 2020 to 2021 now.

Does it mean anything? 

I believe it theoretically means that if you got it, the DAAD would have to approve it’s renewal each year. For eg, if you seem to be mucking around/not using the money properly, they’ll revoke funding. If you’re doing well, it renews. 

2 minutes ago, SashaGenau said:

I believe it theoretically means that if you got it, the DAAD would have to approve it’s renewal each year. For eg, if you seem to be mucking around/not using the money properly, they’ll revoke funding. If you’re doing well, it renews. 

Could it be a sign that I will get the scholarship? or the change in the date has nothing to do with getting the scholarship?

1 hour ago, Nasi said:

Hi guys

Does it mean anything? 

Hi, 

I think that is a great sign. Mine has not changed and I am just freaked-out. 

2 hours ago, Nasi said:

Hi guys

Does it mean anything? 

Hallo Nasi, 

it means that right now DAAD support you till 2021. And after of that it will be automatically changed to 2024. 

هر کس میخواهد اپلای کند، دااد اون شخص را فقط برای یک سال حمایت می کند. بعدش میبیند، که آیا این شخص لایق بود یا خیر؟؟؟؟؟ اگر لایق بودید، بعد از طی یک سال وقت حمایت مالی تان زیاد می‌شود. 

آیا شما تائیدی دریافت نمودید؟؟؟؟؟

Rawo

3 hours ago, Nasi said:

Could it be a sign that I will get the scholarship? or the change in the date has nothing to do with getting the scholarship?

I would take it 'with a pinch of salt' so to speak. Mine changed ages ago and honestly I don't think its worth getting too hyped anyway unless we know for sure - it'll be incredibly disappointing otherwise.

On 2/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, carlw16 said:

Hi everyone,

I submitted an application for the DAAD Master's scholarship at the beginning of January. I was subsequently contacted to provide some additional documents, but I haven't heard anything back since. My application status has not changed from "Application submitted."

Does anyone know how long the decision process usually takes? I am applying from Ireland and the application deadline was 10th January.

Thanks,

Carl

Hello,

The exact same happened to me, additional documents and all. My application also still says Application Submitted. 

I read on the FAQs that it takes generally 10 weeks from the deadline date to hear back so still some ways to go.

Good luck to you!

18 hours ago, Rawo said:

Hallo Nasi, 

it means that right now DAAD support you till 2021. And after of that it will be automatically changed to 2024. 

هر کس میخواهد اپلای کند، دااد اون شخص را فقط برای یک سال حمایت می کند. بعدش میبیند، که آیا این شخص لایق بود یا خیر؟؟؟؟؟ اگر لایق بودید، بعد از طی یک سال وقت حمایت مالی تان زیاد می‌شود. 

آیا شما تائیدی دریافت نمودید؟؟؟؟؟

Rawo

Hello Rawo

Thank you for your explanation.

My status is still "pre-selection made", and I haven't any confirmation.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:45 PM, Chebys said:

Sme of my friends got email frin daad on the final decision today. It seems daad are giving out final verdict this week for those who applied in october. Mistly african nations

1 hour ago, Nasi said:

Hello Rawo

Thank you for your explanation.

My status is still "pre-selection made", and I haven't any confirmation.

Hello everyone, 

I would like know if there is any candidate from Nigeria who applied for PhD research grant?

Thank you

With love 

Best of luck to every one 

Hello everyone,

I am a PhD applicant from Morocco (Political Science and Sociology in Frankfurt). I sent in my application back in August (deadline was September 2nd). I've had my interview at the embassy last November. Now I am already enrolled in a PhD program. Here are few remarks:

- I was told that results for the current step would be early 2020 (between March and April)

- My status had changed to 'Paper Copies Received' a while ago and it remains the same until now.

- My funding period is initially October 2020 to June 2024, but similarly to many of you, it has changed to October 2020 to September 2021 (one year exactly). According to DAAD, funding is awarded initially for one year then renewed upon meeting some requirements. 

- For those who are yet to have an interview, just be honest and confident with your answers. Mine was a little bad since a Moroccan professor misinterpreted the Italian word "Ammesso" (for an oral interview at an Italian uni) and insisted I am enrolled in it. It took minutes off my interview time. 

- I think it all depends on heavy bureaucracy and it takes plenty of time. Be patient! 

Any applicants from Morocco/North Africa? 

On 2/17/2020 at 3:36 PM, Abootaleb said:

Hi, 

I also applied from Iran. Today I noticed something in my DAAD profile that I thought maybe has a positive meaning. When I enter in "personal funding" section and go to "application" part, I see a big green thick in front of "funding programme" section. When I take the cursor upon the tick it says successful. Is your profile the same?

Hi Abootaleb, i have also observed the same in application part. but like nasi i didnt ever check it before. Are you sure that you observe this change today?

Just now, kanwal said:

Hi Abootaleb, i have also observed the same in application part. but like nasi i didnt ever check it before. Are you sure that you observe this change today?

Hi Kanwal,

I also don't remember if it was like this before yesterday or not. I think we should not count on it.

Good luck

22 minutes ago, UselessSimo said:

Hello everyone,

I am a PhD applicant from Morocco (Political Science and Sociology in Frankfurt). I sent in my application back in August (deadline was September 2nd). I've had my interview at the embassy last November. Now I am already enrolled in a PhD program. Here are few remarks:

- I was told that results for the current step would be early 2020 (between March and April)

- My status had changed to 'Paper Copies Received' a while ago and it remains the same until now.

- My funding period is initially October 2020 to June 2024, but similarly to many of you, it has changed to October 2020 to September 2021 (one year exactly). According to DAAD, funding is awarded initially for one year then renewed upon meeting some requirements. 

- For those who are yet to have an interview, just be honest and confident with your answers. Mine was a little bad since a Moroccan professor misinterpreted the Italian word "Ammesso" (for an oral interview at an Italian uni) and insisted I am enrolled in it. It took minutes off my interview time. 

- I think it all depends on heavy bureaucracy and it takes plenty of time. Be patient! 

Hello Simo,

Does it mean that those who have not their funding period changed should lose their hope and are already failed? Mine has not changed, while that of a co-applicant has already changed?

1 hour ago, UselessSimo said:

Hello everyone,

My application deadline was the 15th of November (also PhD) and the dates haven't changed so far.. I am from Caucasus region. Is anyone from here with the same issue?