DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

4 hours ago, Rawo said:

Hi Melina,

i also send my Documents to Germany. they sent the same E-Mail to me. Is the selection meeting just for one week? They also said that ,, we will inform you after the selection meeting with in three weeks. When they would sent to us the result??? I think it’s that 3rd week or how?

best of luck

Rawo

Hey Rawo. 

So I am as much as lost as you are... They said they would inform the result after 3 weeks from the meeting date, which was done in Jan. 27th. I didn´t receive any result yet. Just the Application Status changed on DAAD Portal. I asked DAAD Brazil about it, but didn´t get an answer from them either... 

How is you application status on the DAAD Portal? 

Dear fellow Phd applicants:

Based on my previous experience, I can say there is not a pattern or a correlation regarding change in dates or status and the result of your application. Both of them could change or remain the same and at the end the application could be either rejected or accepted. And normally, they communicate the final resolution from the first week of March on.

For those of you who get the status changed into "Funding", it really means you've got the scholarship. Contrats! You just have to wait for the official letter from DAAD with further instructions.

Best regards,

Esteban A.

5 hours ago, Melina Ceruks said:

Hey Rawo. 

So I am as much as lost as you are... They said they would inform the result after 3 weeks from the meeting date, which was done in Jan. 27th. I didn´t receive any result yet. Just the Application Status changed on DAAD Portal. I asked DAAD Brazil about it, but didn´t get an answer from them either... 

How is you application status on the DAAD Portal? 

Hallo Melina

my status is still Acknowledgement of receipt. They sent me this email late December 2019. They said literally.

EF3E6706-1AA5-4152-A642-F8F0C7AA2774.jpeg.a0e804791f3a83eab28e9257e9080318.jpeg

3 hours ago, Esteban Arias said:

Dear fellow Phd applicants:

Based on my previous experience, I can say there is not a pattern or a correlation regarding change in dates or status and the result of your application. Both of them could change or remain the same and at the end the application could be either rejected or accepted. And normally, they communicate the final resolution from the first week of March on.

For those of you who get the status changed into "Funding", it really means you've got the scholarship. Contrats! You just have to wait for the official letter from DAAD with further instructions.

Best regards,

Esteban A.

Hola Esteban! Tiene alguna idea de cuántas personas en promedio reciben becas del DAAD en Costa Rica (o América Central)??

Saludos hermano. Pura vida

5 hours ago, DagoCR said:

Hello! I am form Costa Rica. Anyone applying to NHRE in Weimar with any news?? Do you know how many people do they grant with a scholarship in Central America?

Best regards,

Good morning,Am also an applicant at Bauhaus Weimar,am from Nigeria,I only got the admission update last week Friday but the scholarship update wasn't included,so am patiently waiting for the scholarship update.... You can reach me on WhatsApp on +2348051075598

Hi all, anyone is applying for the DAAD EPOS scholarship scheme? I applied directly through the school so I am not required to create a DAAD portal. Just last week I had an interview with the Master's program administration director and was informed about 3 days ago that I made it on the recipient list that they are going to propose to the DAAD. But nothing is finalized yet until the selection meeting on 3 March 2020. I am not sure how long we need to wait after the selection meeting to know the final results! this wait is killing me! haha

17 minutes ago, apcn20 said:

Forgot to mention, I'm applying for the LLM program in Munich :) If anyone is also going to Munich, give a shout out please :)

Hi apcn

I have applied for a PhD grant to study at the LMU Munich, so I am going to Munich too if I win the  scholarship.

Good Luck

7 hours ago, apcn20 said:

Hi all, anyone is applying for the DAAD EPOS scholarship scheme? I applied directly through the school so I am not required to create a DAAD portal. Just last week I had an interview with the Master's program administration director and was informed about 3 days ago that I made it on the recipient list that they are going to propose to the DAAD. But nothing is finalized yet until the selection meeting on 3 March 2020. I am not sure how long we need to wait after the selection meeting to know the final results! this wait is killing me! haha

Hello,

I applied for DAAD EPOS for a MSc in TU Dresden, I applied directly to the university and then I had my interview on december. On january 30 I recieved an email from DAAD to register in the Portal and upload all the documents I sent to the university plus a blue application form (addiotional to the green one). My application status changed from application submitted to selection made and then it was blank, yesterday it changed to funding and, a couple of hours later, I recieved a new message in my email to check the Portal, they sent me all the documents of the scholarship :D (Letter of Award, Declaration of Acceptance, btw others). I noticed that the dates are different from country to country and from program to program, so be patient and optimistic! 

best wishes!

1 hour ago, CarlosgmPe said:

Hello,

I applied for DAAD EPOS for a MSc in TU Dresden, I applied directly to the university and then I had my interview on december. On january 30 I recieved an email from DAAD to register in the Portal and upload all the documents I sent to the university plus a blue application form (addiotional to the green one). My application status changed from application submitted to selection made and then it was blank, yesterday it changed to funding and, a couple of hours later, I recieved a new message in my email to check the Portal, they sent me all the documents of the scholarship :D (Letter of Award, Declaration of Acceptance, btw others). I noticed that the dates are different from country to country and from program to program, so be patient and optimistic! 

best wishes!

Congratulations to you :) 

1 hour ago, CarlosgmPe said:

Hello,

best wishes!

Congratulations! 

15 hours ago, CarlosgmPe said:

Hello,

best wishes!

Hi first of all congratulations!

Oh we need to upload all of the document submitted to the university on the online portal? Oh dear, I've forgotten to make a copy of the documents that I've submitted, would that be a problem? I only have documents like resume, letter of motivation, certificates of degrees, employment letter, etc, but not documents like letters of recommendation, application form, etc.

Do you think that would pose a problem for me? Thank you

Regards,

Adeline

Hello!

I'm interested to get in touch with those who have got the DAAD EPOS scholarship this year so that we can figure out certain things together. Is there a Facebook/WhatsApp group for this already? If not, would anyone be interested to join one? 

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the results! 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, MM7 said:

Hello!

I'm interested to get in touch with those who have got the DAAD EPOS scholarship this year so that we can figure out certain things together. Is there a Facebook/WhatsApp group for this already? If not, would anyone be interested to join one? 

Thanks!

Hi! Yes, count me in. I've applied from India and would like to get in touch with others who are going as well.

2 hours ago, MM7 said:

Hello!

Thanks!

Hi, would like to connect. Will be attending language class in Dusseldorf this August.

23 hours ago, apcn20 said:

Hi first of all congratulations!

Oh we need to upload all of the document submitted to the university on the online portal? Oh dear, I've forgotten to make a copy of the documents that I've submitted, would that be a problem? I only have documents like resume, letter of motivation, certificates of degrees, employment letter, etc, but not documents like letters of recommendation, application form, etc.

Do you think that would pose a problem for me? Thank you

Regards,

Adeline

Hi Adeline. You will need to upload the soft copy of the requirements, except the recommendation letters from your supervisor/employers. Also, there's a green DAAD form that you need to fill out so i think you will be fine.

11 hours ago, MM7 said:

Hello!

Thanks!

Hi, please count me in! I've applied from India and will be attending the language course in August.

5 hours ago, Greta Gonzaga said:

Hi Adeline. You will need to upload the soft copy of the requirements, except the recommendation letters from your supervisor/employers. Also, there's a green DAAD form that you need to fill out so i think you will be fine.

Hi Greta,

Thank you so much for your reply!

May I know which university are you going to?

Again, thank you.

Kind regards,

Adeline

51 minutes ago, apcn20 said:

Hi Greta,

Thank you so much for your reply!

May I know which university are you going to?

Again, thank you.

Kind regards,

Adeline

Hello Adeline,

No problem.    

Got admitted in the BIGS-DR at the University of Bonn

Edited by Greta Gonzaga

7 hours ago, SashaGenau said:

Hi greta - just wondering if you know why they picked Dusseldorf?

Hello, possibly, it's because of the proximity of the city to Bonn. am not really sure about this. But based on last year's thread, language classes depend on the region of your university and scholarship program. Others even had their classes online.

23 hours ago, Greta Gonzaga said:

Hello Adeline,

No problem.    

Got admitted in the BIGS-DR at the University of Bonn

Hello Greta. I am Kevin. I saw here that you got accepted for the DAAD scholarship and that you are from the Philippines. Congratulations! I got accepted too under the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Program and I am Filipino too. May I know when does your language program start and if you have applied for a visa already?

1 hour ago, KevinC. said:

Hello Greta. I am Kevin. I saw here that you got accepted for the DAAD scholarship and that you are from the Philippines. Congratulations! I got accepted too under the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Program and I am Filipino too. May I know when does your language program start and if you have applied for a visa already?

Hello Kevin, congrats. Hope to hangout with you and other filipino scholars in Germany in the future. Have already scheduled for a visa appointment this June. Language class will start in Aug 3.

How 'bout you?