DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

4 hours ago, Great One said:

A whatsapp linkage for Daad PhD application 2020/2021 for Kenya has been formed. Any Kenyan here who want to be added? drop your contact! 

Could you add me plse. I am from EAC

Edited by Heisler

22 hours ago, UselessSimo said:

Yes, I was awarded. I did my interview in the 5th of November. You are associated with a different office than mine, so I believe you should just wait and see. 

Goodluck! ?

Congratulations times a million Simo! Brilliant job! So excited - will you be off to Germany then / doing a language course? 

4 hours ago, SashaGenau said:

Congratulations times a million Simo! Brilliant job! So excited - will you be off to Germany then / doing a language course? 

Hey Sasha! 

Thank you so much. I hope you heard good news too. And yes, Germany as soon as my visa is processed in few weeks/months since I already started my PhD a distance, and of course the language courses. 

How about you? Moving there soon?

2 hours ago, UselessSimo said:

Hey Sasha! 

Thank you so much. I hope you heard good news too. And yes, Germany as soon as my visa is processed in few weeks/months since I already started my PhD a distance, and of course the language courses. 

How about you? Moving there soon?

I haven’t found out yet! If I am successful though I do want to move there as soon as possible - I’ve already been learning German for over six months here. The visa situation is also relatively easy - I do hope they are able to move quickly with yours!

Edited by SashaGenau

4 hours ago, SashaGenau said:

I haven’t found out yet! If I am successful though I do want to move there as soon as possible - I’ve already been learning German for over six months here. The visa situation is also relatively easy - I do hope they are able to move quickly with yours!

Goodluck! I hope you hear good news too! If anything, patience is important. I've gotten my results almost exactly 6 months after applying, and it took me about 6 months to get my application ready.

My Visa take a lot (5 months only to receive an appointments). But I'm halfway there I guess. 

Best wishes

On 2/27/2020 at 4:53 AM, Wilbert ST34 said:

Hi Simo and Fernd,

first of all congratulations!

so this means that there's already a result for PhD Research Grant.

i have not received any result nor changes in the portal as what others in this thread was claiming.

I'm becoming hopeless day by day but have to continue having a positive outlook towards this whole thing.

cheers to everyone who are still patiently waiting

Hey I just saw this,

Results depend on regions, and generally take time. I wish you the best of luck!

Congratulations to the ones who have gotten the scholarship. Hope you all succeed once in Germany.

So far there are news only from North Africa and the Middle East. Has anyone heard something from Asia, Latin America, etc?

Edited by Esteban Arias

On 2/28/2020 at 5:42 AM, UselessSimo said:

Goodluck! I hope you hear good news too! If anything, patience is important. I've gotten my results almost exactly 6 months after applying, and it took me about 6 months to get my application ready.

My Visa take a lot (5 months only to receive an appointments). But I'm halfway there I guess. 

Best wishes

You can call the DAAD office and tell them about your appointment problem they will interfere as far as I was told.

3 hours ago, Mervey said:

Yeah, it's a yes for me too congratulations for you 

Did you receive any thing new? 

Hey! Félicitations ❤❤

I'm happy for you! And no, I just messaged them my confirmation. As for the visa, I'll call Monday and see!

Congrats again! If I receive anything I'll let you know. 

Best wishes

8 hours ago, UselessSimo said:

Hey! Félicitations ❤❤

I'm happy for you! And no, I just messaged them my confirmation. As for the visa, I'll call Monday and see!

Congrats again! If I receive anything I'll let you know. 

Best wishes

Thanks congratulations for you too.

Just one more question please, do you know when to start the language course? And where it could be? 

I will start in June as written in their letter.

2 hours ago, Mervey said:

Thanks congratulations for you too.

Just one more question please, do you know when to start the language course? And where it could be? 

I will start in June as written in their letter.

As per the letter, the language course starts June 1st and ends September 30th. If you have more questions text me on Instagram (same id as here).

9 hours ago, UselessSimo said:

As per the letter, the language course starts June 1st and ends September 30th. If you have more questions text me on Instagram (same id as here).

Is it in Germany or your country?