DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

On 2/23/2020 at 7:38 AM, apcn20 said:

Hi Greta,

Thank you so much for your reply!

May I know which university are you going to?

Again, thank you.

Kind regards,

Adeline

Hi Adeline,

Im not sure about that, try to contact the people that gave you recomendation letters, when DAAD sent me the first email asking me for registering in the Portal, they literally said:

Kindly note that all of the following documents have to be submitted as attachments in addition to the (blue) application form that you can download via the portal in order to complete your application:

- DAAD (green) application form for research grants and study
- Personally signed motivation letter with date of issue and statement regarding other applications (if applicable)
- Personally signed full curriculum vitae with date of issue
- Certified translation of university degree (bachelor)
- Certified translation of university transcripts (an explanation of the grading system has to be attached, too)
- Recent language certificates (English)
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors and/or current or former   employers of current date, supplemented by signature, official letterhead, stamp

Wish you the best and I strongly recomend you to go for those letters!

Carlos

11 hours ago, KevinC. said:

Hello Greta. I am Kevin. I saw here that you got accepted for the DAAD scholarship and that you are from the Philippines. Congratulations! I got accepted too under the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Program and I am Filipino too. May I know when does your language program start and if you have applied for a visa already?

9 hours ago, Greta Gonzaga said:

Hello Kevin, congrats. Hope to hangout with you and other filipino scholars in Germany in the future. Have already scheduled for a visa appointment this June. Language class will start in Aug 3.

How 'bout you? 

Hi Kevin and Greta,

Are you both PhD or MSc applicants? It appears to me that i am the only one who did not received any result yet. I applied for PhD Research Grant in Kiel University. Also, is Nathali Bursinski your DAAD contact person?

Congrats to both of you kababayan!

Wilbert

Edited by Wilbert ST34

9 hours ago, CarlosgmPe said:

Hi Adeline,

Im not sure about that, try to contact the people that gave you recomendation letters, when DAAD sent me the first email asking me for registering in the Portal, they literally said:

Kindly note that all of the following documents have to be submitted as attachments in addition to the (blue) application form that you can download via the portal in order to complete your application:

- DAAD (green) application form for research grants and study
- Personally signed motivation letter with date of issue and statement regarding other applications (if applicable)
- Personally signed full curriculum vitae with date of issue
- Certified translation of university degree (bachelor)
- Certified translation of university transcripts (an explanation of the grading system has to be attached, too)
- Recent language certificates (English)
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors and/or current or former   employers of current date, supplemented by signature, official letterhead, stamp

Wish you the best and I strongly recomend you to go for those letters!

Carlos

Hello Carlos, got the same email but mine has a note that says:

'If your academic and professional letters of recommendation have been sent directly to University of Bonn, you do not need to upload them on the DAAD portal.'

I also applied for the EPOS program so I don't have a copy of my recommendation letters. The letters were confidential and directly sent by my previous professors to the university.

hope this helps.

Edited by Greta Gonzaga

1 hour ago, Greta Gonzaga said:

Hello Carlos, got the same email but mine has a note that says:

'If your academic and professional letters of recommendation have been sent directly to University of Bonn, you do not need to upload them on the DAAD portal.'

I also applied for the EPOS program so I don't have a copy of my recommendation letters. The letters were confidential and directly sent by my previous professors to the university.

hope this helps.

Thank you Carlos and Greta for your input!

Yeah I'm the same as you, Greta, I submitted my application directly to the university.

Thank you again guys :)

Adeline

14 hours ago, Greta Gonzaga said:

Hello Kevin, congrats. Hope to hangout with you and other filipino scholars in Germany in the future. Have already scheduled for a visa appointment this June. Language class will start in Aug 3.

How 'bout you? 

I applied for the national visa on February 7. My language program will be in Berlin starting on April 1.

Yes, let's meet up there. Keep in touch.

2 minutes ago, KevinC. said:

I applied for the national visa on February 7. My language program will be in Berlin starting on April 1.

Yes, let's meet up there. Keep in touch.

Oh, everything seems so fast for you. Good luck and wish you all the best.

Do we have any FB group or something that we could connect?

5 hours ago, Wilbert ST34 said:

Hi Kevin and Greta,

Are you both PhD or MSc applicants? It appears to me that i am the only one who did not received any result yet. I applied for PhD Research Grant in Kiel University. Also, is Nathali Bursinski your DAAD contact person?

Wilbert

Hi, Wilbert. I am taking Master of Public Policy at Erfurt University under the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Program. My DAAD contact person is different. Best of you luck to you!

12 minutes ago, Greta Gonzaga said:

Oh, everything seems so fast for you. Good luck and wish you all the best.

Do we have any FB group or something that we could connect?

I know. But under my program, results have been since early December since our language course starts early of the year. I don't know if there is an existing FB group.

10 hours ago, Wilbert ST34 said:

Hi Kevin and Greta,

Wilbert

Hello Wilbert. Salamat!

I'm applying for a PhD program and my DAAD contact person is different.

I guess each scholarship scheme has their own timeline in rolling out the results. 

Stay positive!

On 2/19/2020 at 2:51 PM, UselessSimo said:

Hello everyone,

I am a PhD applicant from Morocco (Political Science and Sociology in Frankfurt). I sent in my application back in August (deadline was September 2nd). I've had my interview at the embassy last November. Now I am already enrolled in a PhD program. Here are few remarks:

- I was told that results for the current step would be early 2020 (between March and April)

- My status had changed to 'Paper Copies Received' a while ago and it remains the same until now.

- My funding period is initially October 2020 to June 2024, but similarly to many of you, it has changed to October 2020 to September 2021 (one year exactly). According to DAAD, funding is awarded initially for one year then renewed upon meeting some requirements. 

- For those who are yet to have an interview, just be honest and confident with your answers. Mine was a little bad since a Moroccan professor misinterpreted the Italian word "Ammesso" (for an oral interview at an Italian uni) and insisted I am enrolled in it. It took minutes off my interview time. 

- I think it all depends on heavy bureaucracy and it takes plenty of time. Be patient! 

Any applicants from Morocco/North Africa? 

Hello Simo; 

I am from north Africa as well, Appling for a PhD program as well.

do you have any significant changes in your portal ?? 

I was told that the results will be anounced end of this month when I called the DAAD office, but nothing yet !!

33 minutes ago, Mervey said:

Hello Simo; 

I am from north Africa as well, Appling for a PhD program as well.

do you have any significant changes in your portal ?? 

I was told that the results will be anounced end of this month when I called the DAAD office, but nothing yet !!

Hey Mervey,

I hope you are doing well. 

I was told it would be early March. So I am nervously waiting. My status is still "Paper Copies Received". Let's just be patient! ?

Where did you apply? And how's the (very long) visa procedure going ✌?.

Best wishes,

Simo

Edited by UselessSimo

1 hour ago, UselessSimo said:

Hey Mervey,

I hope you are doing well. 

I was told it would be early March. So I am nervously waiting. My status is still "Paper Copies Received". Let's just be patient! ?

Where did you apply? And how's the (very long) visa procedure going ✌?.

Best wishes,

Simo

Hey there; 

I am not doing so fine with this undless wating :( !! how are you holding back there? 

yeah let's hope for the best and wish the good luck, mine too is still Paper copies received!!!! 

I applied at Marburg univesitat 

Visa ??? did you already stated the visa procedure ? shouldn't we wait for the acceptance first ? 

thanks, same for you 

mervey

Hi everyone!

Anybody from Latin America who has already received the scholarship documents? Have you already started your visa application? As I understood, DAAD must send us some documents before we send our confirmation in Declaration of Acceptance...

In addition, my MSc programme will take place in Dresden, but my German language course will be in Leipzig, so.. where to apply in the visa form? Is any facebook group created related to those topics?

Thank you in advance.

Carlos

1 hour ago, Mervey said:

Hey there; 

I am not doing so fine with this undless wating :( !! how are you holding back there? 

yeah let's hope for the best and wish the good luck, mine too is still Paper copies received!!!! 

I applied at Marburg univesitat 

Visa ??? did you already stated the visa procedure ? shouldn't we wait for the acceptance first ? 

thanks, same for you 

mervey

Hello again,

I am already enrolled at Goethe Uni and Ive already started my research à distance. Visas to Germany from Morocco take up to 7-8 months, 5 months to get an appointment. So I already started getting my papers ready. 

I am super nervous but hopeful. I expect results in max two weeks, but I check the portal every hour.

Let me know if you have any results. ❤?

Best,

Simo

52 minutes ago, UselessSimo said:

Hello again,

I am already enrolled at Goethe Uni and Ive already started my research à distance. Visas to Germany from Morocco take up to 7-8 months, 5 months to get an appointment. So I already started getting my papers ready. 

I am super nervous but hopeful. I expect results in max two weeks, but I check the portal every hour.

Let me know if you have any results. ❤?

Best,

Simo

Bonsoir 

Ah okay cool, and the Goethe uni is in Germany or back in Marroco.? 

Désolé pour la question mais si il ya une possibilité de commencer ma thèse plus tôt sa sera bien pour savoir comment ?

En fait, parceque j'ai réalisé un stage dans le même groupe que je compte faire ma thèse avec.

Moi aussi je dirais deux semaines maximum.

Bonne chance pour vous. 

Keep me in touch and I'll do the same ?

Best wishes.

Mervey.

5 minutes ago, Mervey said:

Bonsoir 

Ah okay cool, and the Goethe uni is in Germany or back in Marroco.? 

Désolé pour la question mais si il ya une possibilité de commencer ma thèse plus tôt sa sera bien pour savoir comment ?

En fait, parceque j'ai réalisé un stage dans le même groupe que je compte faire ma thèse avec.

Moi aussi je dirais deux semaines maximum.

Bonne chance pour vous. 

Keep me in touch and I'll do the same ?

Best wishes.

Mervey.

Bonsoir, 

Goethz uni is in Frankfurt. I am still in Morocco nevertheless and waiting my visa appointment. 

Starting your dissertation depends on how you agree with your supervisor (timeline, logistics...etc). My PhD is entirely research-based and has no courses or exams. That's why it was easy to agree on the topic and what/when to write. So it depends entirely on your communication with your supervisor. 

Bonne chance a nous. En reste en contact pendant cette période ✌??

Meilleurs vœux,

Simo! 

42 minutes ago, UselessSimo said:

Bonsoir, 

Goethz uni is in Frankfurt. I am still in Morocco nevertheless and waiting my visa appointment. 

Starting your dissertation depends on how you agree with your supervisor (timeline, logistics...etc). My PhD is entirely research-based and has no courses or exams. That's why it was easy to agree on the topic and what/when to write. So it depends entirely on your communication with your supervisor. 

Bonne chance a nous. En reste en contact pendant cette période ✌??

Meilleurs vœux,

Simo! 

Ah okay I see, so you started studying language online 

That great, well done.

Merciii a vous aussi 

Mervey