DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

2 hours ago, Abootaleb said:

Hello Simo,

Does it mean that those who have not their funding period changed should lose their hope and are already failed? Mine has not changed, while that of a co-applicant has already changed?

Hey Aboo,

I wouldn't say so! My status hasn't changed. I believe that nothing is certain until finally decided. Fingers crossed for you! 

Best wishes!

So I got an e-mail today saying that I have a message on the portal. My heart was racing while I was opening the message, but it was only an aknowledgment of my submission. It says that the decision will be made at the meeting in March and they will let us know within three weeks after the meeting.

Funny that it takes them three months for an aknowledgment, the deadline was in November...

Edited by gmzo

1 hour ago, gmzo said:

So I got an e-mail today saying that I have a message on the portal. My heart was racing while I was opening the message, but it was only an aknowledgment of my submission. It says that the decision will be made at the meeting in March and they will let us know within three weeks after the meeting.

Funny that it takes them three months for an aknowledgment, the deadline was in November...

Hallo gmzo,

i received the acknowledgment of receipt in December. The said that the selection meeting will be in the February. I am still waiting. At the end of this month they will sent me inshaullah my result.

Rawo from Afg

Hi Everyone! I am from Peru and  I applied for the MSc Tropical Forestry at Technische Universität Dresden on October 2019. Two weeks ago (I guess) my status changed from application submitted to selection made, today it changed to BLANK, it says nothing. Also my funding dates changed to October 1st 2020 to Septembe 30 2020.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Best wishes to all of you!

Carlos

2 hours ago, gmzo said:

Hey, were they specific in the acknowledgment about when the meeting was going to take place in March? For mine, they specifically stated I would here from them after 8th of March

Hello everyone! 

Who else is applying for master in the field of Architecture? 

I am a bit lost here yet. My status at DAAD portal changed today to "Preselection made". What should I expect? I didn´t know there were other steps ahead... 

Thanks a lot! Good luck to us all!!! :)

8 hours ago, Melina Ceruks said:

Hello everyone! 

Who else is applying for master in the field of Architecture? 

I am a bit lost here yet. My status at DAAD portal changed today to "Preselection made". What should I expect? I didn´t know there were other steps ahead... 

Thanks a lot! Good luck to us all!!! :)

Hello! 

I am new here. I applied for master scholarship for all academic disciplines.

So preselection usually happens within your own country and if you pass your documents are sent to DAAD headquarters in Bonn where final decision is made. That is how I understand it at least.

After an interview I was told that results are going to be known by beginning of April.

Good luck to everyone! 

10 hours ago, Gyedu said:

Hey, were they specific in the acknowledgment about when the meeting was going to take place in March? For mine, they specifically stated I would here from them after 8th of March

No, there is no date in the message. Maybe it depends on your contact person, if she/he will give specific dates? When was your deadline?

1 hour ago, gmzo said:

No, there is no date in the message. Maybe it depends on your contact person, if she/he will give specific dates? When was your deadline?

end of October

Morning everyone,

This is to minimize your doubts regarding the funding period change. I received this message few minutes ago.

"Please note that this is a normal procedure. The scholarship should always start on the first of October each year and last for one year. All scholarship  holders shall apply for an annual extension for a nother year until the maximum of 4 years. In other words: the scholarship is given on the annual basis and is  exrtendable for another year up to 4 years. 
Only in case the applicants have already started their PhD studies in Germany, then the scholarship start date can be prior to October. 
Also please note that the results of your application will be sent to you in the beginning of March."

Cheers.

25 minutes ago, UselessSimo said:

Morning everyone,

This is to minimize your doubts regarding the funding period change. I received this message few minutes ago.

"Please note that this is a normal procedure. The scholarship should always start on the first of October each year and last for one year. All scholarship  holders shall apply for an annual extension for a nother year until the maximum of 4 years. In other words: the scholarship is given on the annual basis and is  exrtendable for another year up to 4 years. 
Only in case the applicants have already started their PhD studies in Germany, then the scholarship start date can be prior to October. 
Also please note that the results of your application will be sent to you in the beginning of March."

Cheers.

Hello UsefulSimo:d,

Did you ask a question or they sent this message by their own initiative? and if so, may I ask what was your question?

2 hours ago, Giolsi said:

Hello! 

I am new here. I applied for master scholarship for all academic disciplines.

So preselection usually happens within your own country and if you pass your documents are sent to DAAD headquarters in Bonn where final decision is made. That is how I understand it at least.

After an interview I was told that results are going to be known by beginning of April.

Good luck to everyone! 

Hi! 

Well, I don't think this first selection happened here in Brazil. That's not the information I had from the DAAD Brazil... and I sent documents to Germany...

So I am pretty sure that this part of selection was made there... the email I got from DAAD said the results are going to be known this week, which is 3 weeks after the selection meeting in Germany... 

Good luck!! 

2 hours ago, Melina Ceruks said:

Hi! 

Well, I don't think this first selection happened here in Brazil. That's not the information I had from the DAAD Brazil... and I sent documents to Germany...

So I am pretty sure that this part of selection was made there... the email I got from DAAD said the results are going to be known this week, which is 3 weeks after the selection meeting in Germany... 

Good luck!! 

Hi Melina,

i also send my Documents to Germany. they sent the same E-Mail to me. Is the selection meeting just for one week? They also said that ,, we will inform you after the selection meeting with in three weeks. When they would sent to us the result??? I think it’s that 3rd week or how?

best of luck

Rawo

52 minutes ago, CarlosgmPe said:

Hello everybody! My status just changed to "funding", does it mean anything? 

Today I recieved an email from DAAD saying they will be out of office until March 2nd for holidays...

Congratulations. Had your funding date changed when your profile changed to funding? Many thanks in advance 

6 minutes ago, Javid said:

Congratulations. Had your funding date changed when your profile changed to funding? Many thanks in advance 

Yes, it changed yesterday: from October 1st. 2020 to September 30 2022... but the status was BLANK... 

I prefer to be sure and wait for the email, maybe in March, I dont have experience applying for scholarships, so I dont know how it works 

Good luck!