DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

On 3/9/2020 at 10:05 PM, Rolland said:

Nothing so far. Dates haven't changed and the application status is still "application submitted". My local office said that we'd get results in late April or May. 

I am from Caucasus region.

The same here:) Nothing has changed. I am from Armenia :) I was awarded DAAD grant 2 times back in 2014 and 2017 and in both cases I was informed about it in mid April (11 and 14).

Anyway since I am concerned about the situation with COVID-19, I wrote them if is it possible that the results will be revealed later? I'll let you know if they answer:)

On 3/9/2020 at 8:46 PM, CarlosgmPe said:

Hello friends, I hope you all are doing well! I am a little bit nervous, I recieved my Letter of Award, Health Insurance, Declaration of Acceptance and other documents on Feb. 22, they asked me to upload my Dec. of Acceptance and my Health Insurance to confirm that I accept the scholarship (MSc.) and few days later they sent me the health insurance complete documents, but they said nothing about the declaration of acceptance or anything else, anyone in the same situation or something? Thank you in advance!

Carlos

Hi, 

I have also got the funding and received the health insurance documents a few days ago. Like in your case, I haven not received any other communication regarding the Declaration of Acceptance. But reading the scholarship booklet they sent with the letter of award, I think the health insurance documents are only sent after one submits the consent for processing medical data and accepts the scholarship. There is nothing else written about the Declaration of Acceptance. So I think it is fine. 

Just one question - did you put a tick mark or something to each point in the Declaration of Acceptance before you uploaded it? Asking since the booklet says no changes/additions are to be made to the Declaration and so I uploaded the document as it is, but a little worried if it is okay. 

Best,

3 hours ago, Earlric said:

Hello guys. Thanks for all the contributions.

I checked my DAAD portal. My status has changed to funding. I also received an email that I have been enrolled for German as foreign language class. However, I do not know what next to do. Can you advice me?

Which scholarship did you apply for? Congratulations!! I believe from other posts here you have to wait for the formal email / message notification and paperwork, but I would advise emailing your local DAAD office. 

DAAD Armenia reports that all the summer courses have been cancelled due to the Coronavirus crisis((

Still no news concerning the research stays and grants, but I hope they won't be cancelled, despite the fact that I have applied for the summer months:(

Hey everyone,

I am from Berlin and received a DAAD scholarship for my Masters in the US. As I am working abroad right now, I cannot say too much about the IRL situation in Germany, but I hope all incoming students are aware of the travel restrictions and severe situation in everyday life and academia.

The DAAD website states that most programs for this summer are cancelled or deferred. My home university (TUB) is struggling with organizing the upcoming semester as well and my personal admission timeline looks bleak as well.

However, all Fall 2020 incomings should wait for further announcements from the DAAD and  their host university before jumping into a cycle of worry and fear.

If anyone else here received a scholarship from the DAAD (outgoing or incoming) or is planning their studies in the US / Germany (especially Berlin), please feel free to send me a message. I am eager to help where I can.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:36 PM, Catie2406 said:

Hi, everyone! Is there anyone, applying to DAAD All Masters from central Europe (e.g. Netherlands)? Did you hear anything back?

I'm also applying from Europe ( Italy as far as it's concerned) and three days ago I received a message from DAAD where they informed us that it won't be any further communication until first days of May because of the Covid19.

So, we won't go through any interview and the scholarship will be only assigned based on the documents submitted.

I'm very worried

15 hours ago, Ramy said:

I'm also applying from Europe ( Italy as far as it's concerned) and three days ago I received a message from DAAD where they informed us that it won't be any further communication until first days of May because of the Covid19.

So, we won't go through any interview and the scholarship will be only assigned based on the documents submitted.

I'm very worried

Hey, Ramy! Yesterday, I received results(20.02). Check your portal, maybe you too have them.

17 hours ago, Catie2406 said:

Hey, Ramy! Yesterday, I received results(20.02). Check your portal, maybe you too have them.

Congratulations! 

Could you please tell me what program did you apply for and when did you have your interview?

19 hours ago, Catie2406 said:

Hello Catie, 

I checked but nothing changed :( I guess even if we are from Europe the program is different.

I think the Netherlands are counted in Central Europe and Italy in Southern Europe.

In Italy, due to the Covid19, we won't have any interview. 

This is why they will let us know in May

Hi guys, 

I applied for the "Research Grants - One-Year Grants for Doctoral Candidates" and got a rejection letter today.

They said that they had to decide between 30 applications and were able to award 8 scholarships. 

I am truly sorry because I was really excited about this.. I hope it will turn out better for you guys.

1 hour ago, gmzo said:

Hi guys, 

I applied for the "Research Grants - One-Year Grants for Doctoral Candidates" and got a rejection letter today.

They said that they had to decide between 30 applications and were able to award 8 scholarships. 

I am truly sorry because I was really excited about this.. I hope it will turn out better for you guys.

Sorry to hear that:( Don't give up, you'll get it next time:)

Which region are you from? My status is still "application submitted" ?

6 hours ago, gmzo said:

Hi guys, 

That’s a bummer! Ugh. Sounds like it was really competitive.

I applied for the same one out of the USA, and my application status just changed to selection made, but no update for me yet...

On 3/26/2020 at 4:13 PM, Transport said:

That’s a bummer! Ugh. Sounds like it was really competitive.

I applied for the same one out of the USA, and my application status just changed to selection made, but no update for me yet...

Selection made means you got it

@Chebys Thanks for the reply and info! I wasn't sure, as I looked at previous years on GradCafe here and it seems it depends on the country/app type? Are you sure?

Nonetheless, appreciate the positive reply :)

Update: My application status is now blank. Just for those future years of applicants checking out this thread, to know the process. Will update when I get the final status.