DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

7 hours ago, Hakob said:

Hi,

I am from Armenia, but we are in the same DAAD section:) Which program have you applied for?

For example, I have applied for a research grant which does not require any interview. But the situation is the same, have not got any notification since the day I applied (Nov. 14), the status is still "application submitted".

Hi,

I applied for PhD program. The situation same as yours. My status "application submitted"

18 minutes ago, robsen said:

Hi,

I applied for PhD program. The situation same as yours. My status "application submitted"

Yep, it seems the selection isn't really made yet ? I contacted the German professor who had sent the invitation, he thinks DAAD is still waiting to see if the number of new Corona patients is definitely declining to be able to make a decision. So probably we'll have to wait for a couple of weeks to get any answer:(

As for the interview, I think the decision will be made based on your documents without any interview. Wish you good luck:)

Edited by Hakob

Hello all - a few days ago, my status in the portal changed from "Selection Made" to blank. Today, it changed to "Funding." I applied to the MA Study Scholarship, all disciplines, from the US.

I haven't received any email yet confirming the award or not. If anyone else has, or if anyone has heard about updates around how COVID-19 might impact scholarships/timing, eager to know! Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

4 hours ago, unfalsifiable said:

Hello all - a few days ago, my status in the portal changed from "Selection Made" to blank. Today, it changed to "Funding." I applied to the MA Study Scholarship, all disciplines, from the US.

I haven't received any email yet confirming the award or not. If anyone else has, or if anyone has heard about updates around how COVID-19 might impact scholarships/timing, eager to know! Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Hey not very helpful but I applied to all Master's from Canada and had the exact same thing happen! Hopefully we hear more soon!

10 hours ago, Sorrel said:

Hi Hakob! Good point—I read someone commenting here a little while ago that DAAD replied to their query saying they won't cancel funding, but might postpone. Fingers crossed that remains true!

Transport, not sure about you but my start date is October 1. (And my status also changed to "funding"). I wonder if they are just delayed like everyone/everything else, or if they're waiting for reasons Hakob brought up... Where in Germany is your application to?

Oct 1 start date here as well! Congrats on the (hopefully) funded project as well! ? My application is to Munich, the Technical University of Munich specifically.

What about yourself?

11 hours ago, Hakob said:

Yep, it seems the selection isn't really made yet ? I contacted the German professor who had sent the invitation, he thinks DAAD is still waiting to see if the number of new Corona patients is definitely declining to be able to make a decision. So probably we'll have to wait for a couple of weeks to get any answer:(

As for the interview, I think the decision will be made based on your documents without any interview. Wish you good luck:)

I think so, thank you. I am just checking the portal every 2 hours and its really bothers me :)

10 hours ago, Transport said:

Oct 1 start date here as well! Congrats on the (hopefully) funded project as well! ? My application is to Munich, the Technical University of Munich specifically.

What about yourself?

Sounds great! I applied to the Humboldt University in Berlin. Fingers crossed!

General update for all still waiting: I contacted the DAAD through the portal and asked when we might expect to receive official word from them. I got a very friendly prompt answer saying: "I hope to give you an answer in a few days" Not sure if "a few days" is for an official answer, or for an estimate for an official answer... ? Seems like things are really still up in the air, there. Probably all who say we're waiting for virus trends are right... keep safe, stay busy, try not to check the portal too often! ; ) 

20 hours ago, Abedalmoneim Adam said:

hiii I just need your help
I have gotten  this (Consent processing medical data) since weeks ago  in my  application menu
and my application status is still submitted, so what I shall do in this case?

I think that was always there... or not!!

5 hours ago, Soli1 said:

Hi all! I applied for a Masters scholarship from the US (all disciplines). My application status is "funding," and there's an option in the portal to submit the "declaration of acceptance," but I still haven't gotten an acceptance or rejection email. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks! :)

It means your application is accepted and the only thing you have to do is to wait for the official letter:)

My sister living in Germany called them to ask about my results, they said almost all the DAAD office workers are working from home and are busy to bring home the German students from abroad, this is why the results announcment is delaying. We should be more patient. Good luck to all of us:)

On 4/19/2020 at 10:45 AM, Soli1 said:

Hi all! I applied for a Masters scholarship from the US (all disciplines). My application status is "funding," and there's an option in the portal to submit the "declaration of acceptance," but I still haven't gotten an acceptance or rejection email. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks! :)

Got the same situation.

I was wondering if this is a sign that I got the scholarship and just have to wait for an official mail or there still can be a rejection?

Maybe someone had this before and already knows... Good luck to everyone!

Edited by applicant1

Today I was contacted from the local DAAD office. They asked if I got a message from Bonn. I said that I have not got any message and my status has not even been changed, and she answered "don't worry, everything will be fine, the status will change soon":) 

She didn’t say anything concrete, but I had the feeling that she knew more than she was saying)) Does anyone know if the local offices get the results sooner than us?:)

On 4/19/2020 at 3:45 AM, Soli1 said:

9 hours ago, applicant1 said:

Got the same situation.

I was wondering if this is a sign that I got the scholarship and just have to wait for an official mail or there still can be a rejection?

Maybe someone had this before and already knows... Good luck to everyone!

Same but from Canada! Based on previous posts in this thread, it looks like good news! Hopefully not too early to say congrats :) 

Edited by Somethingeasytoremember

10 minutes ago, robsen said:

So sorry... Don't give up... 

I think, It means that I will hear my results soon

Good luck to you:)

The funny thing is the local DAAD office worker says according to her information yesterday they were about to send a letter to know if I agree to change my application dates? ? Probably the whole program could be cancelled :(

Edited by Hakob

1 hour ago, Hakob said:

My status changed into "application rejected":( No any official letter yet:(

I'm sorry, Hakob! All the best to your future work!

Just wanted to say that my portal still says "funding," so I don't think they are cancelling the whole program.

Just now, Transport said:

I'm sorry, Hakob! All the best to your future work!

Just wanted to say that my portal still says "funding," so I don't think they are cancelling the whole program.

Thanks, dear:)

This is crazy. It turned into "selection made" now ?

27 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

What a rollercoaster! sorry to hear this Hakob! Hope you hear for sure soon, and that it's possible to continue your work no matter what! 

Exactly!) Thanks so much for your kind words:) I'll let you know about the outcome:)

In case of happy end probably we all can meet in Germany)) Finger crossed☺️