DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

Dear Shwapneel...

Yes, notification of official result/update in DAAD portal or personal email from head office 

---------------------------------------------

Dear PhD applicants from Indian region,

Did you get any notification of official result/update in DAAD portal or personal email from head office yet? Any idea whether they will release official results within this month?

Thanks.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:14 PM, shwapneel said:

Dear PhD applicants from Indian region,

Did you get any notification of official result/update in DAAD portal or personal email from head office yet? Any idea whether they will release official results within this month?

Thanks.

HIII..

Yes....Got Official result @ First week of July ..

On 7/14/2020 at 11:17 PM, Amruth said:

Hii ALL.

Dear DAAD PhD applicants from Indian region,

Any one Got Selected for DAAD PhD Fellowships ..

Thanks.

Hello, 

I have been waiting for the result for so long but couldn't see any changes on the portal. The status remained "Application submitted".  Can you please share where the result was declared? I tried to reach out to the contact person and i was informed to check my portal but nothing again, status remained same and no personal message. Does that mean rejection???

On 7/22/2020 at 9:08 AM, Mariam_Gev said:

Hey guys)

Has anyone from reserve candidates received any news from DAAD?

Dear Mariam,

I have received a message from DAAD that I have been selected and they will award me the scholarship :)

I hope you hear from them soon and wish you luck.

Looking forward to see your post here as a awarded student ?

Am Emmanuel from Nigeria, I applied for DAAD In-region/ in-country scholarship for PhD program in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources Malawi, Sometimes in May, and have been Pre- selected . Please any information about the exact date on the outcome of the final  selection by DAAD. Thanks

16 hours ago, Emmafish said:

Am Emmanuel from Nigeria, I applied for DAAD In-region/ in-country scholarship for PhD program in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources Malawi, Sometimes in May, and have been Pre- selected . Please any information about the exact date on the outcome of the final  selection by DAAD. Thanks

Hii Emmanuel 

I have applied to DAAD In-region/ in-country scholarship for Master of Health in Ghana, i had contact DAAD office before a month ago, they told me that, "they are working on the scholarship, and soon the result will be communicated to applicants". 

@GKH66 

On 7/25/2020 at 9:43 PM, GKH66 said:

Dear Mariam,

I have received a message from DAAD that I have been selected and they will award me the scholarship :)

Hello. I am also a reserve candidate and haven’t heard from DAAD since May. Could you Please tell when did they approximately come back to you with the answer and which country are you from? 
thank you in advance 

9 hours ago, Helena_ said:

@GKH66 

Hello. I am also a reserve candidate and haven’t heard from DAAD since May. Could you Please tell when did they approximately come back to you with the answer and which country are you from? 
thank you in advance 

Hi, Don't worry. It means nothing if somebody in Iran or India got a message of the decision. The DAAD has several local offices, that are a part of a DAAD region (East, West-Eu, Middle-EU). The DAAD center makes the decision step by step for these divisions; however, the preliminary decision was made by the local office (or at least the ranking). 

16 hours ago, Abedalmoneim Adam said:

Hii Emmanuel 

I have applied to DAAD In-region/ in-country scholarship for Master of Health in Ghana, i had contact DAAD office before a month ago, they told me that, "they are working on the scholarship, and soon the result will be communicated to applicants". 

Hii,

Some results for İn-country were released last week. For Kenya, the results were released. for other countries You may have to wait a little bit

On 7/25/2020 at 10:43 PM, GKH66 said:

Dear Mariam,

Congratulations?,, Thanks a lot. I hope so

On 7/26/2020 at 10:16 PM, Helena_ said:

@GKH66 

thank you in advance 

@Helena_

Dear Helena,

They informed me about 1 month ago. I am from Iran and I applied for the scholarship for my last year study in master of art in Architecture. 
I hope they get back to you with good news and i wish you luck :)?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to everyone! I have been awarded a 3 month DAAD fellowship for posdocs and I had to postpone due to COVID crisis. Does anyone know if entry to Germany for research activity purposes is allowed from third country nationals?I have already postponed for 6 months and that´s the maximun allowed.

Thanks!

All the best!
Giselle

On 8/19/2020 at 1:46 PM, Giselle Anahi said:

Hello to everyone! I have been awarded a 3 month DAAD fellowship for posdocs and I had to postpone due to COVID crisis. Does anyone know if entry to Germany for research activity purposes is allowed from third country nationals?I have already postponed for 6 months and that´s the maximun allowed.

Thanks!

All the best!
Giselle

Hi, 

I think the COVID has created new rules, the best if you ask the DAAD through the system. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kredit said:

I don't think so. They said in the last week that the final decision will roll out 5-6 Months after the deadline. It is wholly diverse by countries because almost all of them have different deadlines.

Hello Kredit,

Does it mean that the DAAD programme has been postponed  5-6 Months later? I thought that for the PhD and masters it will start on Oct 2020. 

On 9/14/2020 at 11:52 AM, praviin said:

Hello Kredit,

Does it mean that the DAAD programme has been postponed  5-6 Months later? I thought that for the PhD and masters it will start on Oct 2020. 

No, there is not any postpone. I mean, e.g. if my application deadline was 31 April 2020, then I will receive my final decision result 5-6 month later (this is the regular DAAD processing time), so in the best-case scenario at end of September or end of October. The DAAD is using rolling scheme for the countries, the deadline for Iranian applicants was earlier, that's why you saw that some of them already got their results; however, they are in a different cohort (Each region forming a cohort. You can get a hint of that if you check the DAAD Yearbooks accessible in their website.

On 8/21/2020 at 11:25 AM, Kredit said:

Hi, 

I think the COVID has created new rules, the best if you ask the DAAD through the system. 

Thanks! I have asked DAAD and the German embassy in Argentina.The rules are not very clear.  Everything is uncertain. Is there anyone in a similar situation? Trying to do a research stay during the winter semester?I´ve already postponed for 6 months and I dont know whether to decline it or to try to entry Germany and see if the border officials let me in with the DAAD letter of award and the letter of invitation of the host institution.

Good luck for everyone!