DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

49 minutes ago, Micol said:

If anyone from central/southern europe hears back for master's applications, please let us know! good luck :) Mine's still application submitted...

I was told that the response for Southern Europe will be given around the first days of May :)

Let's hope for the good!

If that's according the email that DAAD Italy sent a month ago saying that the results will be published around May on the DAAD Portal...  I  called the Italian offices  today and they said they're only guessing it will be around the second week, but they're not totally sure as it ultimately relies on the central offices of DAAD and the local offices know just as much as we do. Who knows! Fingers crossed anyway!

39 minutes ago, robsen said:

Oh, that's great. 

I hope you will get positive selection result, fingers crossed

Thank you very much, my friend ?

Did you get any notification for your application?

19 hours ago, MICS said:

If that's according the email that DAAD Italy sent a month ago saying that the results will be published around May on the DAAD Portal...  I  called the Italian offices  today and they said they're only guessing it will be around the second week, but they're not totally sure as it ultimately relies on the central offices of DAAD and the local offices know just as much as we do. Who knows! Fingers crossed anyway!

Yes, I'm from Italy too and I've been feeling so impatient the past weeks! Which university and city are you trying to apply to? :)

@SorrelThought this information would be pertinent to you as well, as your application portal looks the same as mine. Heard this from my program advisor today about my application:

"I talked to the DAAD rep today and among other things I have also asked about your application. Those who were rejected received emails already. She told me that your applications looks GOOD. You will receive the final result next week."

For NY DAAD applicants, looking like next week is the week! They meant end of April when they said it, but at least we don't have to be worrying this week!

14 hours ago, Transport said:

@SorrelThought this information would be pertinent to you as well, as your application portal looks the same as mine. Heard this from my program advisor today about my application:

"I talked to the DAAD rep today and among other things I have also asked about your application. Those who were rejected received emails already. She told me that your applications looks GOOD. You will receive the final result next week."

For NY DAAD applicants, looking like next week is the week! They meant end of April when they said it, but at least we don't have to be worrying this week!

Hi Transport, thanks for this info! I just got the official acceptance letter this morning, so, if you haven't also received word, you can't have long to wait at this point.

There is a clause in the letter that says, due to the COVID 19 situation, the grant period "may have to be postponed." 

Good luck to all still waiting!!

@Sorrel Recieved my acceptance this morning as well, officially! Looking forward to potentially meeting! Not sure if they do any sort of orientation for this grant type (doesn't seem so, but you never know). Feeling good about the word "postponement" as well - reasonable - but they aren't guessing what it'll look like then. TUM is considering starting their winter semester Nov. 1, instead of Oct. 1, so a postponement like that would be totally reasonable.

@Hakob Congratulations!! That's amazing! What a rollercoaster for you!!

Congrats!! Did you receive any emails when your status changed? I wonder if obsessively checking the portal will make anything pop up, or if I'll just receive a message if something changes :D

24 minutes ago, Hakob said:

Thanks guys! That's very kind of you) Finger crossed for all those who are still waiting ??

18 minutes ago, MICS said:

Congrats!! Did you receive any emails when your status changed? I wonder if obsessively checking the portal will make anything pop up, or if I'll just receive a message if something changes :D

The status is still "selection made")) They just sent the official letter:)

This is the 3rd time I am getting the scholarship and I should admit that my status has never switched to "funding". I always get the letter while the status is "selection made":)

2 minutes ago, Hakob said:

This is the 3rd time I am getting the scholarship and I should admit that my status has never switched to "funding". I always get the letter while the status is "selection made":)

Congrats!))

Obviously, it depends on what country you are from

My status has switched to "Funding" the day before yesterday, however there's nothing in the inbox yet

I'm from Ukraine

9 minutes ago, egorevmenov said:

Congrats!))

Obviously, it depends on what country you are from

My status has switched to "Funding" the day before yesterday, however there's nothing in the inbox yet

I'm from Ukraine

Вітаю!;)

I think it depends on the person in charge for the country:) Those for Armenia never change our statuses to "funding":))

Bu the way to which cities are you going guys? I will conduct my research in Hamburg (though I liked Munich more back in 2014, in 2017 it was Hamburg like this time).

1 hour ago, Hakob said:

Did they send you an e-mail when they changed it from 'selection submitted' to 'selection made' (or any other step inbetween)? I keep checking if anything changes but maybe I should just relax (or refresh my emails instead of the portal :D)

Just now, MICS said:

Did they send you an e-mail when they changed it from 'selection submitted' to 'selection made' (or any other step inbetween)? I keep checking if anything changes but maybe I should just relax (or refresh my emails instead of the portal :D)

No, they don't send e-mails for status changes. You get an e-mail only when you have a message in your portal:)

58 minutes ago, Giolsi said:

Today I got a call from local DAAD office. They told me I got the funding and said that it will take some time to get official letter, since they are very busy at the moment.

Hopefully all of you get good news soon!

Congratulations! Did your status change to "funding" as well?

Edited by Rolland

Hi all!! Today, my application status changed from 'Selection Made' to 'Funding'. But there is no any official letter, yet. Does anyone know should I wait until I receive an official letter before accepting the funding? Or I can do it even before receiving the official letter. (I applied for Master studies in Economics discipline) 

46 minutes ago, Hayk said:

Hi all!! Today, my application status changed from 'Selection Made' to 'Funding'. But there is no any official letter, yet. Does anyone know should I wait until I receive an official letter before accepting the funding? Or I can do it even before receiving the official letter. (I applied for Master studies in Economics discipline) 

Hi, congrats;)

you have to wait:) Along with the award letter they will send the declaration of acceptance which you should upload into the portal. Now you have nothing to upload, so just wait for the docs:)

8 hours ago, Giolsi said:

Today I got a call from local DAAD office. They told me I got the funding and said that it will take some time to get official letter, since they are very busy at the moment.

Hopefully all of you get good news soon!

Congrats!!!