DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

On 12/23/2019 at 8:30 PM, Maka said:

hey guys, 

Today i have change on the DAAD portal. 

It says Preselection made.  I assume it is good thing. What is the next step?

congratulations, in which category did you apply?

On 12/19/2019 at 12:49 PM, Zeeshan2019 said:

I have applied for a postdoc scholarship with deadline 2 Sep 2019 and waiting for the outcome.. Portal shows 'Application Submitted' Status

Hello, Zeeshan do you know any one in your surroundings who have applied for PhD general grant. i am curious to know any one with changed status like preselection made from Pakistan. I asked from DAAD Islamabad they say that interview outcomes would be announced in Feb.

9 hours ago, kanwal said:

Hello, Zeeshan do you know any one in your surroundings who have applied for PhD general grant. i am curious to know any one with changed status like preselection made from Pakistan. I asked from DAAD Islamabad they say that interview outcomes would be announced in Feb.

Hi Kanwal. I know someone who has applied for a DAAD masters scholarship and her status is also application submitted so far. when I contacted DAAD Islamabad they told me they they dont know about the timeline as the selection is made in Germany.

Edited by Zeeshan2019

Hello, I applied for DAAD PhD research grant, the deadline was October 31. The regional DAAD office in my country is closed, what are the chances that I will be invited for an interview? Is a skype interview with other regional/ Bonn a possibility? 

I have not gotten anything from DAAD since the close of the application.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, fumar97 said:

Does anyone want to start a group chat for master applicants of all disciplines? 

Definitely, that'd be great!

15 hours ago, neelkant said:

Very long wait..... anybody has got any progress in their application status....?

Still on Paper copies received. We still have a lot of waiting to do, lol.

On 12/26/2019 at 7:06 AM, Pschenock said:

Hey guys, a quick update.
I have applied to the MSAAD (Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines) and last week my status changed to preselection made. 
Yesterday I received an invitation for an interview in January.  

Hey, congratulations on your good news. Good luck buddy!

Hi everyone! I applied for the short-term grants 2020, which deadline was 30 August. They sent to me an acknowledgement last 10 October saying that they had well received all the documents and I will continue in the selection process. At the beginning of this month my status changed on "selection made" Has anyone received some news about this process?

Good luck everyone!

Edited by AlbertoBH

12 hours ago, AlbertoBH said:

Hi everyone! I applied for the short-term grants 2020, which deadline was 30 August. They sent to me an acknowledgement last 10 October saying that they had well received all the documents and I will continue in the selection process. At the beginning of this month my status changed on "selection made" Has anyone received some news about this process?

Good luck everyone!

I also applied for short research stay with deadline of 2 Sep 2019. However, I haven't received any update after the submission and my online status is Application Submitted. From which country are you applying?

Hi! I applied for the Fine Arts, Design / Visual Communication and Film MA scholarship and have received a "preselection made" status update. Anyone else have received any other news after that? Does anyone know the process from here? Interview, etc.?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Zeeshan2019 said:

I also applied for short research stay with deadline of 2 Sep 2019. However, I haven't received any update after the submission and my online status is Application Submitted. From which country are you applying?

Hi! From Spain, you? They said to me in the letter of acknowledgement that we will have an answer into three weeks after a "DAAD meeting" which is having place at December, maybe this "meeting" changes depending the country. Really it is not enought evident the procedure for me. 

19 hours ago, AlbertoBH said:

Hi! From Spain, you? They said to me in the letter of acknowledgement that we will have an answer into three weeks after a "DAAD meeting" which is having place at December, maybe this "meeting" changes depending the country. Really it is not enought evident the procedure for me. 

I am from Pakistan. Did you apply for short-term grant for PhD or Postdoc? 

38 minutes ago, AlbertoBH said:

Posdoc, did you receive the acknowledgement too? when? Me 10th October.

No, I did not received any email after the system generated email for submission of application.  

Hi everyone I applied for the "Research grants - Doctoral programmes in Germany, 2020/21" category. I submitted on the 31st of October, 2019 (which happened to be the deadline) but well ahead of the deadline time.

However, I am still seeing "application submitted" on my status on the portal, and I am worried about that. Note that I already have conditional Admission offer (pending approval of the grant) from my choice University in Germany.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the case here?

Edited by LAWEMMA-1
Added more details

14 hours ago, LAWEMMA-1 said:

Hi everyone I applied for the "Research grants - Doctoral programmes in Germany, 2020/21" category. I submitted on the 31st of October, 2019 (which happened to be the deadline) but well ahead of the deadline time.

However, I am still seeing "application submitted" on my status on the portal, and I am worried about that. Note that I already have conditional Admission offer (pending approval of the grant) from my choice University in Germany.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the case here?

from which country are you applying? in  this forum a few got interview calls for PhD-research grant category. my interview was on 4 Nov, however my deadline was i think 31 august. The progress on application varies from country to country; be positive and hopeful, though it is very nerve shattering process..   

21 minutes ago, kanwal said:

from which country are you applying? in  this forum a few got interview calls for PhD-research grant category. my interview was on 4 Nov, however my deadline was i think 31 august. The progress on application varies from country to country; be positive and hopeful, though it is very nerve shattering process..   

Dear Kanwal, thanks for your response. I am applying from Nigeria. Congrats on your interview, how did it go and what kind of questions were asked?

I want to also know the average time it takes for the status to change to the next level of the process and if having admission from the host institution is an added advantage to winning the grant?

10 hours ago, LAWEMMA-1 said:

Dear Kanwal, thanks for your response. I am applying from Nigeria. Congrats on your interview, how did it go and what kind of questions were asked?

I want to also know the average time it takes for the status to change to the next level of the process and if having admission from the host institution is an added advantage to winning the grant?

Interview was okay and totally focused on research proposal; i am not very confident about it; though hopeful.

status on the portal is really deceptive if you could review the posts from last year on this forum.  There was a candidate from Nigeria who got funding even according to her, status never updated after "paper copies received".  I have no idea about any added advantage of having prior admission letter.  I think it is one of the requirement of daad application to have an acceptance from potential supervisor; otherwise application is not complete. no?  

good luck!

3 minutes ago, kanwal said:

Interview was okay and totally focused on research proposal; i am not very confident about it; though hopeful.

status on the portal is really deceptive if you could review the posts from last year on this forum.  There was a candidate from Nigeria who got funding even according to her, status never updated after "paper copies received".  I have no idea about any added advantage of having prior admission letter.  I think it is one of the requirement of daad application to have an acceptance from potential supervisor; otherwise application is not complete. no?  

good luck!

Dear Kanwal,

thanks so much for your response, actually I submitted my supervisor's acceptance letter to DAAD as part of the application package, however, the admission letter was not ready as at the time I submitted the package. It was sent to me early December from the School and I uploaded it same day to DAAD.

I also ensured all required documents were submitted as part of the application package and even more, so I think the application documents are complete.

Hopefully, all things will work out good.?