Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering Applications for 2020 Admission

LHMQ

On 3/4/2020 at 2:42 PM, Shani1 said:

Anyone applied and was accepted to the MIT BME PhD program?

Would love to know your stats ?

The MIT BE PhD program is having their interview weekend 3/6-3/7. Acceptances will come out after that.

14 minutes ago, 2020bioE said:

RIP me, congrats though! I thought the visit and school was amazing. Do you mind sharing the PIs initials?

Thank you! and congrats to your UCSD too!

But sorry I don't think my PI will recruit too many students so it may be easy to find out my info if I share. 

My friend received an oral offer from his PIs one week ago but he still didn't receive official. paperwork always takes time. Best luck to you!

2 hours ago, DreamOfferPlssssss said:

Thank you! and congrats to your UCSD too!

But sorry I don't think my PI will recruit too many students so it may be easy to find out my info if I share. 

My friend received an oral offer from his PIs one week ago but he still didn't receive official. paperwork always takes time. Best luck to you!

Fair enough :). Thank you for the info!

10 hours ago, BeachFossils said:

Does anyone has info on Minnesota BME? It is on their website that interview can be late till mid March, but I never find any result post from international student.

They have two visit weekends, back to back. March 26-29, and April 2-5.

I heard from them February, and it seems like they send out acceptances every few weeks, although I don't know if they're done or not. A polite email asking for a status update might help you out? 

Edited by LPT

12 hours ago, LPT said:

They have two visit weekends, back to back. March 26-29, and April 2-5.

I heard from them February, and it seems like they send out acceptances every few weeks, although I don't know if they're done or not. A polite email asking for a status update might help you out? 

Thank you for your kind reply! Yeah, I'm planning to send an inquiry email next Monday. Hope it won't bring back a rej directly. It's my dream school for PhD research after all. Fingers crossed.

What are people's thoughts on Case Western Reserve University vs. University of Minnesota (Twin Cities)?

Anyone have any insight on if one has a better reputation than the other? Like do companies look at BME PhDs from one more than the other? What's their reputations around academia?

Of course this info is only a small part of my decision, but I'm curious anyway. Thanks!

8 hours ago, LPT said:

Dang y'all!

Case cancelled their (one and only) grad school visit! Highly dissappointed as I was really looking forward to visiting (they'll do some online thing now instead). 

Curious, any other schools cancel their visits?

I wasn’t  invited to these ones but I know Stanford, Udub, Harvard, MIT are cancelling all their visits 

Edited by 2020bioE

9 hours ago, LPT said:

Dang y'all!

Case cancelled their (one and only) grad school visit! Highly dissappointed as I was really looking forward to visiting (they'll do some online thing now instead). 

Curious, any other schools cancel their visits?

33 minutes ago, 2020bioE said:

I wasn’t  invited to these ones but I know Stanford, Udub, Harvard, MIT are cancelling all their visits 

Is UPenn cancelling their last visit as well? It is scheduled to happen tomorrow through Saturday.

I got an offer from MIT! 

Currently feeling the strangest blend of shock/excitement/happiness right now, and I want to thank everyone on this forum who has provided their support and ridden along on this emotional rollercoaster with me for the past six months. 

2 hours ago, WanderingNomad said:

I got an offer from MIT! 

Currently feeling the strangest blend of shock/excitement/happiness right now, and I want to thank everyone on this forum who has provided their support and ridden along on this emotional rollercoaster with me for the past six months. 

Congrats! Do you know if they sent out all the acceptances at one/has anyone else received an acceptance? I interviewed but haven't heard back yet and I'm trying to figure out if I should keep hoping or expect a rejection.

Edited by 2020bioeng