MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

6 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

I would kill for any good news from any school right now, but super excited for Denver

Me too! I'm dying to know their decision. Every time my mail notification goes off,  I get way too excited...and then disappointed.

4 hours ago, Mrhopeful said:

Has anyone heard back from Columbia or Berkeley? A few weeks back I saw a few people post about it? I constantly check the portals for updates.  I’ve been on edge and eager waiting for acceptance responses! This has been one of the most exciting and nerve wrecking times of my life. I applied both in December 2019. 

I heard back 1/16 from CU, which I believe was the first day of released decisions.

6 hours ago, JuliaFrances said:

Thank you so much! I am really excited.

They asked me to interview. 

I went from getting C's, D's and (many) F's at a city college for three years to getting straight A's in city college and at my 4 year and they were curious how I had done it. 

What was your overall GPA if you do not mind sharing? 

10 minutes ago, MSWHopeful123 said:

Congrats on all the acceptances so far! I received my acceptance letter from CU last week as well as my financial aid award this week. Sending supportive vibes to everyone!!

congratulations! did you apply advanced standing or 2 year?

12 minutes ago, MSWHopeful123 said:

Congrats on all the acceptances so far! I received my acceptance letter from CU last week as well as my financial aid award this week. Sending supportive vibes to everyone!!

AHH! I still have not received my financial aid award, did this come by email or via portal?? Did they offer scholarships?

1 minute ago, amb22 said:

I applied Jan 10 for the full-time two year program!

Dang! Congrats! That's exciting. They include aid?

Edit: Did you get an email or just check the portal?

Edited by madisonc7

1 minute ago, madisonc7 said:

Email or just checked portal? Aid? :) Congrats! 

thanks thanks! i got an email to check an update in the portal. small scholarship so that tuition is still oof 

19 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

I think for MSW it really shouldn't matter too much since they don't require them for applications. I took the GRE but didn't submit my scores because I felt I could've done better and this took the pressure off. 

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm also waiting to schedule an interview with UPenn. Good luck to the both of us!