MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

2 minutes ago, frootloop said:

WHAT NO WAY STOP IT IM SO EAGER BUT THERES NO UPDATE ON THE PORTAL

Mine says the status as "awaiting" and the details are "official final transcript for xxxxxx"

5PM ET is in 5 minutes!! Maybe you will get the update then!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Zayah

GUYS. I just checked my Columbia portal and it changed and now says "awaiting final transcripts" with red X's. I called to see if that meant I got in since they only require final transcripts when you get accepted and they said to "wait until I get an official notice" before I do anything.  

Anyone else see that change on their Columbia portal?? 

Just now, JuliaFrances said:

GUYS. I just checked my Columbia portal and it changed and now says "awaiting final transcripts" with red X's. I called to see if that meant I got in since they only require final transcripts when you get accepted and they said to "wait until I get an official notice" before I do anything.  

GIRL I am pretty sure that means you got IN!!!!!!! THATS WHAT MINE LOOKED LIKE!!! GIVE IT 5 minutes until 5pm ET!

9 minutes ago, JuliaFrances said:

YES IM ABOUT TO PEE MY PANTS

2 minutes ago, frootloop said:

YES IM ABOUT TO PEE MY PANTS

I haven't gotten an update on my portal but this came from their application handbook: "All applicants who receive an offer of admission are required to provide an official copy of their final transcript prior to enrollment." 

I WANT TO BE EXC ITED BUT IT DOESN'T FEEL REAL TILL THE PORTAL SAYS SO 

Just now, JuliaFrances said:

I haven't gotten an update on my portal but this came from their application handbook: "All applicants who receive an offer of admission are required to provide an official copy of their final transcript prior to enrollment." 

I WANT TO BE EXC ITED BUT IT DOESN'T FEEL REAL TILL THE PORTAL SAYS SO 

I KNOW YOU GOT IT, give it a few minutes!!! That is exactly what mine said when I got in. 

IM soooooooooooooooooooo excited for you!! Maybe close it for a bit and return in a hour.

Just now, Zayah said:

I KNOW YOU GOT IT, give it a few minutes!!! That is exactly what mine said when I got in. 

IM soooooooooooooooooooo excited for you!! Maybe close it for a bit and return in a hour.

Thank you for your hype and encouragement, you are the MVP of the MSW 2020 crew.

Did you hear right at 5pm?

And yeah I need to make some te and meditate for a quick 10 and go back to work and check again later. OOF. 

3 minutes ago, JuliaFrances said:

Thank you for your hype and encouragement, you are the MVP of the MSW 2020 crew.

Did you hear right at 5pm?

And yeah I need to make some te and meditate for a quick 10 and go back to work and check again later. OOF. 

Thank you - that's so sweet!!

Hahah It's been a really great cycle and I am hoping for the best for everyone! 

39 minutes ago, JuliaFrances said:

No update on my portal :( but looking good for those that received something!!! Ahh so excited for you all. Keep us updated :) 

Hi guys!

I'm currently in the process of waiting to hear back from admissions after recently applying to a handful of MSW programs. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and decided I would finally join. 

I'm a third year student studying psychology at SBU. I have a 3.94 GPA, over 3 years of clinical laboratory experience (regarding child maltreatment, early stress, and parenting). I am also employed by a non-profit parenting program used by child welfare services in the city, for which I analyze videos and determine the effectiveness of the program. I have other extracurriculars as well. I am a bit nervous because I am graduating a year early and have less experience in the field than those who have previously been in the workforce.

Like many of you guys, I applied to Columbia University (11/30), Boston College (1/14), Boston University (1/9) and Hunter College (1/16). I received the completed email for Columbia on the 16th of December and have yet to hear back. I'm getting worried, considering that many on here have heard back or are having portal changes. I might call admissions tomorrow. Can anyone direct me to the correct number to call so I can check the status of my application? I would really appreciate it!

Congratulations to anyone who has heard back from any school!!! You all should be really proud. Thank you for keeping me up to date and less worried about admissions over the past few weeks!

3 minutes ago, NicoleDes said:

Hi guys!

I'm currently in the process of waiting to hear back from admissions after recently applying to a handful of MSW programs. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and decided I would finally join. 

I'm a third year student studying psychology at SBU. I have a 3.94 GPA, over 3 years of clinical laboratory experience (regarding child maltreatment, early stress, and parenting). I am also employed by a non-profit parenting program used by child welfare services in the city, for which I analyze videos and determine the effectiveness of the program. I have other extracurriculars as well. I am a bit nervous because I am graduating a year early and have less experience in the field than those who have previously been in the workforce.

Like many of you guys, I applied to Columbia University (11/30), Boston College (1/14), Boston University (1/9) and Hunter College (1/16). I received the completed email for Columbia on the 16th of December and have yet to hear back. I'm getting worried, considering that many on here have heard back or are having portal changes. I might call admissions tomorrow. Can anyone direct me to the correct number to call so I can check the status of my application? I would really appreciate it!

Congratulations to anyone who has heard back from any school!!! You all should be really proud. Thank you for keeping me up to date and less worried about admissions over the past few weeks!

I've been wondering if I should call admissions for CU as well, but I feel like we're all just told the same thing. "Soon."

edit: I'm also graduating a year early and worry that I wasn't able to pack enough into the 2.5 years I could show on my resume, especially transferring from psychology into SW.

Edited by madisonc7

1 minute ago, NicoleDes said:

Hi guys!

If it makes you feel better I submitted my application to Columbia’s advanced standing program on 11/30 and I haven’t heard back either! Let me know what they say if you call!