MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

1 hour ago, Liza123 said:

Okay so!! I GOT ACCEPTED INTO UMICH!!!!!! I was literally in the car with my best friend and telling her how I'm going to be refreshing my email so much tomorrow, and then my phone is ringing and it's the area code for Michigan!!! I was so scared to answer and my friend kept telling me to pick up. ? 

I 100% relate to the poster who said they blacked out because honestly all I heard was "pleased" and "admissions" lol. I'm so so excited to tell my research supervisor as well, because she was one of my LORs! 

Congrats!!

3 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

I submitted on Dec 1. and got the same confirmation email on Dec. 12! I so hope I find out tomorrow or something. I submitted absolute last minute on the night of Dec. 1 so maybe it's in order. 

I submitted on December 1st and got the application complete email on December 12th too. Fingers crossed we hear tomorrow! Looks like they send it out around 5pm ET so I will be ALL OVER the forum/portal tomorrow at that time. 

What programs are folx here applying to? Advanced Standing or the Two-Year for CU? I applied Dec 1 and got my completed app email from them only on Dec 19??! Unlike most of you who got the completion email on Dec 12.  So I wonder whether it has something to do with the program? 

I got the acceptance call for UMich last Thursday (yay!) , but I had emailed admissions about questions and they never got back to me... but I guess they are just backed up. 

47 minutes ago, avizenoi96 said:

What programs are folx here applying to? Advanced Standing or the Two-Year for CU? I applied Dec 1 and got my completed app email from them only on Dec 19??! Unlike most of you who got the completion email on Dec 12.  So I wonder whether it has something to do with the program? 

I got the acceptance call for UMich last Thursday (yay!) , but I had emailed admissions about questions and they never got back to me... but I guess they are just backed up. 

Mines just the 2 year track. 

6 hours ago, avizenoi96 said:

Congratulations! 

I applied to Columbia's 2 year with an advanced clinical social work practice concentration. 

3 minutes ago, avizenoi96 said:

Thanks! 

Okay, same :) Fingers crossed we hear back soon! 

same same here but I didn't get the completion email until dec 19. maybe we'll hear sometime next week? fingers crossed for everyone :D

9 hours ago, avizenoi96 said:

I received my completed app email on 12/19 too. Here's to hoping it's a timing thing and not a decision thing :)

2 minutes ago, EK0005 said:

You guyssss I’m freaking out... it’s not looking good for me. I submitted my app 12/1 and received the complete app email on 1/10... I’m applying as a transfer student. Any advice? :(

hang in there! it seems like a lot of these things just take some time to roll out and are a bit random but they juuust started releasing decisions this week so there's plenty of time for them to come out even though the waiting sucks. rooting for you!

6 minutes ago, katp said:

hang in there! it seems like a lot of these things just take some time to roll out and are a bit random but they juuust started releasing decisions this week so there's plenty of time for them to come out even though the waiting sucks. rooting for you!

Thank you!! I’m hoping that’s the case. Fingers crossed! I’ve been trying to find out admission stats from previous years such as number of advanced year students and transfer students admitted but couldn’t find anything. 

For those who have been accepted to Michigan - how long did it take for your acceptance to show up on the wolverine access page? I feel like mine looks the same, or at least, I'm not sure if anything will change on the page? (but I also only received my call last night, so I'm not surprised).

10 hours ago, JuliaFrances said:

I submitted on December 1st and got the application complete email on December 12th too. Fingers crossed we hear tomorrow! Looks like they send it out around 5pm ET so I will be ALL OVER the forum/portal tomorrow at that time. 

If you're talking about UMich, you should hear back soon! I also submitted mine the night of, and just heard back last night! I got my call at 6:41pm EST. :) 

12 minutes ago, Liza123 said:

For those who have been accepted to Michigan - how long did it take for your acceptance to show up on the wolverine access page? I feel like mine looks the same, or at least, I'm not sure if anything will change on the page? (but I also only received my call last night, so I'm not surprised).

mine still looks the same and I got the call on tues. sounded like it might take as long as a couple of weeks to update but they weren't sure exactly

Yeah it seems like Columbia only released a small number of decisions yesterday, they sent us a link to the accepted students FB page and only 14 people are on it as of now. Obviously this isn't indicative of how many were accepted but its still clearly only a few, they definitely have a few more waves to send out!

34 minutes ago, Liza123 said:

If you're talking about UMich, you should hear back soon! I also submitted mine the night of, and just heard back last night! I got my call at 6:41pm EST. :) 

I was talking about Columbia, but I have an interview with Michigan on Tuesday!

They requested the interview, but there aren't any discrepancies in my grades (All A's except for one B in college) so I have no idea what they want from me. I even talked to someone in the office and she was really confused about why they asked to interview me considering my stats. Hoping it's good news, not some weakness in my app I haven't been aware of. 

1 hour ago, Mswstudent101 said:

You guyssss I’m freaking out... it’s not looking good for me. I submitted my app 12/1 and received the complete app email on 1/10... I’m applying as a transfer student. Any advice? :(

Don't worry! It is still mid January and most decisions come out late January-Febuary.

Also, remember the context! This is a super skewed sample, generally people post good news, not no news, so it looks like everyone is getting accepted and you aren't, but this sample ain't reliable and doesn't reflect the general population. 

For UMich, got a phone call two days ago, and my portal now has a link that says "View Decision" (almost missed it so double check) that reflects my acceptance into the program. Relieving to see even with the phone call because my paranoid self was thinking they made a mistake!!!

1 hour ago, Mswstudent101 said:

No worries, I submitted on the same day and got that email on 1/07 and got accepted on the 14th, so I'm assuming they're getting to you 

Is anyone’s top pick CU? I’m currently waiting for the award package. I don’t think I can accept if there are no scholarships. Do you guys know if CU is generous with scholarships?