MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

11 hours ago, Zayah said:

I got information from admissions that decisions for two year track are coming out this Friday and the next and advanced standing cane out last Friday 1/17. So we should all hear back soon for the two year track! I’m feeling confident about hearing from UC.

Hoping UChicago is generous with scholarships!

Ahhhhh, I am getting SO impatient. I applied to UChicago Advanced Standing, but more specifically I applied to the Joint AM/PhD track. I understand it's fairly common to hear back regarding just the MSW part first and then hear back about the PhD part, so I was really hoping to hear back about my AM admission along with other advanced standing applicants, but no such luck.  

11 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

Something in my heart tells me not this week. Feel like it's going to be the second week of Feb.

If you applied before December 15th, you'll hear back before February 1st! :) I had it confirmed with someone from admissions last week when I called...they also said my application was under review, which is terrifying ahhh.

Hey all! I just found this feed so I decided to post where I have applied and see if anyone else has applied to the same places:

Boston U: Jan 10th Applied

Boston College: Jan 13th Applied

UNC: Jan 12th Applied

NC State: Jan 17th Applied

U of Houston: Hope to Apply

Anyone know when we will hear back from BU and BC?

1 hour ago, Kofowle10 said:

Hey all! I just found this feed so I decided to post where I have applied and see if anyone else has applied to the same places:

I applied to BC back In Nov and heard back Dec 20! Seems it takes anywhere from 3-6 weeks. BU is behind and is not releasing decisions till Mid/late Feb.

3 hours ago, HannahJoy said:

Ahhhhh, I am getting SO impatient. I applied to UChicago Advanced Standing, but more specifically I applied to the Joint AM/PhD track. I understand it's fairly common to hear back regarding just the MSW part first and then hear back about the PhD part, so I was really hoping to hear back about my AM admission along with other advanced standing applicants, but no such luck.  

Yeah I can understand the impatience, especially because that is a competitive track!!

1 minute ago, Anna H said:

So we're definitely hearing back by this Friday? Or is that when they're starting to send out decisions? 

That is when they are starting for 2 year track and continues to roll until 2/15 (every Friday).

47 minutes ago, mswanxiety said:

anyone heard back about UMich financial aid?

I haven't, but I only received my acceptance Thursday evening. I asked when they called and was told it would be mailed with the official acceptance letter. I also imagine it (should eventually) will show up on the Wolverine access page, once that's been updated as well (like to show your acceptance)? Not sure about that since the page still hasn't updated for me. 

I just called Columbia to ask some questions about my application and the lady was so so sweet. She said that for anyone who applied early, they are working to get decisions out by the end of January - fingers crossed we’ll hear back within the next week or so!

7 minutes ago, frootloop said:

I just called Columbia to ask some questions about my application and the lady was so so sweet. She said that for anyone who applied early, they are working to get decisions out by the end of January - fingers crossed we’ll hear back within the next week or so!

Yeah! I just spoke with them as well. She confirmed scholarships would come with the FASFA package, within two weeks of acceptance! I can't wait!! I hope CU offers decent scholarships. I am not familiar with their ranges.

16 minutes ago, frootloop said:

I wonder if they're just releasing on Thursdays, though?

edit: I say this because of last week's release and now silence. 

Edited by madisonc7

35 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

I wonder if they're just releasing on Thursdays, though?

edit: I say this because of last week's release and now silence. 

She said that we shouldn’t get too worked up about the details and that she knows some of us worry based on the day they come out but she said that honestly it depends on the mood of the reviewer whether they release them as they go or group them together and send them at the same time! She also said that it might be closer to around the end of business hours when they are released but they don’t specifically time them that way so it could really be any time!  

Edited by frootloop

I'm rethinking of applying to a few more places especially after seeing Columbia's program. It was never on my radar before and I am definitely worried about the cost but I'm not sure if it's worth applying to them , and to West Virigina Univ because they have a very affordable online option too. It's past priority deadline but not past the final deadline. Thoughts? I'm waiting on interviews (one next week) from Widener, who looks like has a good scholarship package + assistantship positions to help with tuition, and West Chester Univ who also have assistantships and lower tuition (In state, PA).

7 hours ago, Kofowle10 said:

I applied to Boston U and Boston College too!  My e-mail from Boston College (applied on 12/6) stated that I would hear back by 2/15.  The e-mail I got when I submitted my Boston University application (applied 10/24) stated end of February.

Edited by Css1087

1 hour ago, madisonc7 said:

Did we figure out any more on NYU sending out decisions? 

In the forum for Fall 2019, a couple people received decisions around now with more decisions happening in the beginning of February. I haven't called or spoken with anyone directly about it though, so I'm not sure what it might look like this year.

3 hours ago, CashewGuy said:

Is it half? I thought it was about a third for Advanced Standing but maybe I’m mistaken!  

Oh man I’m sorry! You are right, I assumed it was half of the 2 year track cost. 

Hey

Saw  this thread and it literally gave me anxiety. I applied to BU and RU. Two other schools as well but i haven't seen anyone mention those so ill stick with what we have in common. I don't know what school will accept me but I guess either way if i get all 4 or just 1 ill be blessed. I'm trying to stay positive but you all make me anxious for this admissions decision. Hopefully we all get good news in February.

10 hours ago, GradGirl44 said:

Hey

Saw  this thread and it literally gave me anxiety. I applied to BU and RU. Two other schools as well but i haven't seen anyone mention those so ill stick with what we have in common. I don't know what school will accept me but I guess either way if i get all 4 or just 1 ill be blessed. I'm trying to stay positive but you all make me anxious for this admissions decision. Hopefully we all get good news in February.

I feel the same way. Super nervous and I think I'm more on the boarder than others who have shared their stats so that makes me MORE nervous. Hopefully one of my safety schools will let me in.