MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

5 minutes ago, savannahopes said:

Did anyone else just get an email from UMich Financial Aid and almost lose their mind? It was a generic email tho.

Ya I did! I went to check wolverine to see if there was any aid update but still nada ?‍♀️

I've heard about at least some aid from every other school so UM is sitting at the bottom of my list right now but hopefully they'll send out info soon

Hi! New to this forum. I noticed last week that I have appear to have a decision from UNC-Charlotte posted on my application portal, followed by a place to upload my final transcript. However, I still have not received an email about my admissions decision. I have chosen to not open the thing on the portal because I am paranoid haha-- will I be getting an email??

I was notified yesterday that University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee's Helen Bader School of Social Work has submitted me to the Graduate School for their Advanced Opportunity Program Fellowship. The Graduate School will grant the AOP Fellowship to 30 students and I'll find out if I've been selected by mid-March. I'm so nervous and excited!

14 minutes ago, furmanpaladin said:

Hi! New to this forum. I noticed last week that I have appear to have a decision from UNC-Charlotte posted on my application portal, followed by a place to upload my final transcript. However, I still have not received an email about my admissions decision. I have chosen to not open the thing on the portal because I am paranoid haha-- will I be getting an email??

Check the letter! Sometimes if the portal knows that we've seen an update we don't get the autoemail (and those emails usually just say there's an update so go check the portal lol). But since they're asking for final transcript I'd bet money it's going to be a happy letter :)

19 minutes ago, katp said:

Check the letter! Sometimes if the portal knows that we've seen an update we don't get the autoemail (and those emails usually just say there's an update so go check the portal lol). But since they're asking for final transcript I'd bet money it's going to be a happy letter :)

Thank you! Will check this afternoon ?

1 hour ago, furmanpaladin said:

Any fellow North Carolinians applying to UNC-Chapel Hill or UNC-Greensboro/A&T ?

I'm from Pennsylvania, but I applied to Chapel Hill too! I am waiting for a response and would love to get one soon with aid. I just got a decision from Pitt's program, so now this is the only one that I'm waiting on. 

1 hour ago, madisonc7 said:

What types of questions do they ask you in the interview? Mine is next week :)

Pretty general questions, my interview was with Felicia Greenfield and lasted about an hour (but I truly never shut up which may be why it lasted so long). 

She asked what interested me about Penn, why I would be a good fit, a difficult time in my life and how I moved through it. It was really more of a conversation than a structured interview. I can honestly say I had a great time speaking to her. From everything I have heard from others and my own experience, it is a pretty laid back interview. Michigan was super structured and serious, but Penn was real chill. 

Good luck!!! 

So I logged into my Columbia portal for the 10000th time and saw they removed my specialization/concentration at the top, now it just lists my reference number, term, and program. Anyone else seeing this? 

EDIT: Also they added a link to RSVP for admitted students day....

Edited by megan715

3 minutes ago, megan715 said:

So I logged into my Columbia portal for the 10000th time and saw they removed my specialization/concentration at the top, now it just lists my reference number, term, and program. Anyone else seeing this? 

meee too! fingers crossed 

I tried to RSVP just to see what happens and a message came up saying it was only for admitted students, guess it just showed up on everyone's portal then?

Going out for drinks soon, hopefully I can distract myself LOL the wait is killing me

Edited by megan715

9 minutes ago, megan715 said:

Omg this happened to me!!! If you click on the link it says for admitted students day it says "Congratulations on your admission to the Columbia School of Social Work". I don't want to get my hopes up to much but I hope this means something good lol

1 minute ago, NicoleDes said:

Omg that happened to me too!!! When you click on the link it says "congratulations on your admission to Columbia school of social work"

ME TOO??? OMG IS THIS IT OR A MESS UP

11 minutes ago, NicoleDes said:

I REALLY HOPE IT ISN'T. IT LEGIT SAYS CONGRATS !! I'M CONFUSED BUT TRYING TO BE HOPEFUL LOL

I feel like I have a big bad feeling about this ?